• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

Saw it last night and thought it was great!

Hoping to see it again, this time in 3-D.

+1

Saw the movie on Discount Tuesdays & the movie was pretty good.

It's great having Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.

Slightly OT, at the end of the Logan trailer, I heard the couple behind say, "What Schitt!!"

Edited by Captain_Pike

The movie should hold up well here in Canada. We have the Remembrance Day holiday tomorrow so it is a long weekend.

Still no interest from my kids and their best friends to see it even though I offered to take them. (shrug)

Edited by kimik

The movie should hold up well here in Canada. We have the Remembrance Day holiday tomorrow so it is a long weekend.

Still no interest from my kids and their best friends to see it even though I offered to take them. (shrug)

Have you seen it yet?

Have you seen it yet?

No. If you and other Marvel fanboys I know are giving it mixed reviews then I will save my money and wait for it on the small screen.

Saw it last night and thought it was great!

Hoping to see it again, this time in 3-D.

+1

Saw the movie on Discount Tuesdays & the movie was pretty good.

It's great having Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.

Slightly OT, at the end of the Logan trailer, I heard the couple behind say, "What Schitt!!"

Did you turn around and slap 'em?

Have you seen it yet?

No. If you and other Marvel fanboys I know are giving it mixed reviews then I will save my money and wait for it on the small screen.

Go see it! :baiting:

I'm looking forward to seeing it again with the kids this weekend.

Have you seen it yet?

too few psychotic female role models for some

Have you seen it yet?

No. I will wait for a something more worthwhile like Rogue One. No use wasting time on a film that Karl and Dave say is meh

Have you seen it yet?

No. I will wait for a something more worthwhile like Rogue One. No use wasting time on a film that Karl and Dave say is meh

They didn't say it was bad. Regardless, I saw it again and still liked it. (shrug)

Have you seen it yet?

They didn't say it was bad. Regardless, I saw it again and still liked it. (shrug)

They didn't say it was at least very good either....... :baiting:

Edited by kimik

When does this film take place in the MCU?

After Iron Man 2 or Civil War?

I read 2 articles where that phone call before Strange crashed the person with the spinal injury was War Machine, but then I heard this movie takes places years in the past around IM 2? ???

Edited by NewWorldOrder

I read 2 articles where that phone call before Strange crashed the person with the spinal injury was War Machine, but then I heard this movie takes places years in the past around IM 2? ???

I'm confused too. Does anyone know exactly what was said in the phone call? Was it definitely a reference to WarMachine?

I thought someone inferred that after DS went to Tibet he studied there for 3 years. That would put the end of this movie 3 years after the end of Civil War. That doesn't seem to make sense.

Stephen Strange's watch is the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Perpetual.

The dial of the watch has the calendar year.

So...keep an eye out for it!

Have you seen it yet?

It is a good movie, my pickiness comes from wanting it to be better and it could have been.

Have you seen it yet?

It is a good movie, my pickiness comes from wanting it to be better and it could have been.

Will it be worth the 3-D cost when it comes to the effects?

Have you seen it yet?

My son and I went to Imax 3D. He actually got a nose bleed during the movie :D (and no he wasn't snorting anything).

I thought the effects were nice in 3D.

He had a more jazzed reaction about this movie than many other Marvel movies. He said it was refreshing to go into the movie not knowing anything about this character.

Edited by gadzukes

I'm confused too. Does anyone know exactly what was said in the phone call? Was it definitely a reference to WarMachine?

I thought someone inferred that after DS went to Tibet he studied there for 3 years. That would put the end of this movie 3 years after the end of Civil War. That doesn't seem to make sense.

No...the call about the spinal injury was in reference to the test pilot that Justin Hammer had on the video that Stark played at the Congressional hearing at the beginning of IM2.

Have you seen it yet?

My son and I went to Imax 3D. He actually got a nose bleed during the movie :D (and no he wasn't snorting anything).

I thought the effects were nice in 3D.

He had a more jazzed reaction about this movie than many other Marvel movies. He said it was refreshing to go into the movie not knowing anything about this character.

Thanks!

Off we go.