• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what a joke these registry awards are

222 posts in this topic

Awarding extra points for "unique" books aside...

I don't even understand how CGC decides the point value. Here is a example....

Random Current Walking Dead comic: 300+ 9.8's on the census and sells on ebay all day long for $100 bucks or less-> GPA Average $100.------CGC Registry points= 60-80

Bronze age Sgt. Fury & HHC: 1 9.8 on the census, known rare low print run and cant touch it for less than $200. No GPA because they aren't a key or a "hot " book and they're aren't that many to sell.-----CGC Registry points= 80

Ask CGC to reevaluate points for Fury because prices and demand have risen slightly...Nope they say...no changes will be made.

I realize demand does play a role in reg. point's...but come on...

Really? Can you point to where they told you this?

Because there's a large thread named "The NEW Official "Hey These Scores Need Fixing" thread" where it certainly seems like CGC is updating scores based on user requests :shrug:

Yep! Submitted it in the expansion request thread. Re-submitted in the new scoring thread...twice...and apparently it was ignored. I also asked to add the price variants to the Sgt. Fury run...which they did. Also asked them to re-evaluate the values assigned to those books as well. Received an PM stating they would not change. CGC 9.4's of both Sgt. Fury 133 and 134 30 cent variants sold on ebay 2 weeks ago for $385 and $314 respectively...Registry points for those books in CGC 9.4...30 points each. I call bull :censored: on that! That's the way most of the book are in the Fury run. Way underscored for what they are going for. The biggest score issues start at about 1975ish. Those books are going for $60-$80+ in 9.6 and $100-$200+ in 9.8 (and yes..they are SELLING) and I get 60 to 80 reg. points.

Link to my scoring request

Link to the looking into the point change

Link to me asking again for a point increase

Link to list of sets to re-score Fury isn't on it...

Random Current Walking Dead comic: 300+ 9.8's on the census and sells on ebay all day long for $100 bucks or less-> GPA Average $100.------CGC Registry points= 60-80

Bronze age Sgt. Fury & HHC: 1 9.8 on the census, known rare low print run and cant touch it for less than $200. No GPA because they aren't a key or a "hot " book and they're aren't that many to sell.-----CGC Registry points= 80

Ask CGC to reevaluate points for Fury because prices and demand have risen slightly...Nope they say...no changes will be made.

Because there's a large thread named "The NEW Official "Hey These Scores Need Fixing" thread" where it certainly seems like CGC is updating scores based on user requests :shrug:

Yep! Submitted it in the expansion request thread. Re-submitted in the new scoring thread...twice...and apparently it was ignored. I also asked to add the price variants to the Sgt. Fury run...which they did. Also asked them to re-evaluate the values assigned to those books as well. Received an PM stating they would not change. CGC 9.4's of both Sgt. Fury 133 and 134 30 cent variants sold on ebay 2 weeks ago for $385 and $314 respectively...Registry points for those books in CGC 9.4...30 points each. I call bull :censored: on that! That's the way most of the book are in the Fury run. Way underscored for what they are going for. The biggest score issues start at about 1975ish. Those books are going for $60-$80+ in 9.6 and $100-$200+ in 9.8 (and yes..they are SELLING) and I get 60 to 80 reg. points.

I just want to make sure that your requests are being processed. I know that I go in order that they were received. Unless there is a glitch, issue, or more research is needed.

If your argument above is to argue the points, please proceed, however if you feel you are being ignored and not being answered, there are lists of registry requests that I go in order received. Let me know.

Thanks!

Nicole

I just want to make sure that your requests are being processed. I know that I go in order that they were received. Unless there is a glitch, issue, or more research is needed.

If your argument above is to argue the points, please proceed, however if you feel you are being ignored and not being answered, there are lists of registry requests that I go in order received. Let me know.

Thanks!

Nicole

I'm not trying to stir :censored: up! I had just asked a few times to have the scores adjusted and I don't think my request was ever "officially" handled. I just noticed that the list never had Sgt. Fury on it. I'm not sure how much value and GPA sales records play into assigning points, but I do see these books selling for many multiples of guide in CGC holders. Overstreet assigns them a value of $20 but I see them selling for $100-$400 in CGC 9.6 and CGC 9.8. A perfect example are the CGC 9.4 133 and 134 variants that sold for $384 and $315 on ebay...surely that warrants more than 30 registry points? I believe Metropolis had a later issue Sgt. Fury in CGC 9.9 listed for $1000. I realize it may not have been sold yet, but it represents the value that is being placed on high grade books of that run.

Nicole...if you have time...I would like to have the Sgt. Fury & HHC set reviewed for an increase, but only if you believe my argument holds any weight. If you assign value based on Overstreet, than I am sunk...as most issues are selling between 10 and 20 times guide value in CGC slabs.

Thanks!!!

Thanks!

Nicole

I'm not trying to stir :censored: up! I had just asked a few times to have the scores adjusted and I don't think my request was ever "officially" handled. I just noticed that the list never had Sgt. Fury on it. I'm not sure how much value and GPA sales records play into assigning points, but I do see these books selling for many multiples of guide in CGC holders. Overstreet assigns them a value of $20 but I see them selling for $100-$400 in CGC 9.6 and CGC 9.8. A perfect example are the CGC 9.4 133 and 134 variants that sold for $384 and $315 on ebay...surely that warrants more than 30 registry points? I believe Metropolis had a later issue Sgt. Fury in CGC 9.9 listed for $1000. I realize it may not have been sold yet, but it represents the value that is being placed on high grade books of that run.

Nicole...if you have time...I would like to have the Sgt. Fury & HHC set reviewed for an increase, but only if you believe my argument holds any weight. If you assign value based on Overstreet, than I am sunk...as most issues are selling between 10 and 20 times guide value in CGC slabs.

Thanks!!!

Any of the requests that were posted in the "This Score Needs Fixing" thread that have been handled after your request was an error, so has been handled before your request, because it was not a score fix... it was an error in uploading or glitch of some sort. The list that is currently posted is the list of books I am checking on scores/points.

Your request is still pending and will go in order received after I get through the current list. Your set expansion request was resolved and actually moved before other set expansions, because it was a quick fix and I moved it forward so that it would be complete.

I will review your request above as soon as I complete the current "These Scores Need Fixing" list posted.

I would like for you and I to be on the same page and I want you to know that requests are not ignored and are done in order as received. Sometimes, I am unable to respond to every post and every request, but I do note them and I do want to make sure that everyone's request are being attended to.

If someone has a request that they feel is slipped/missed/forgotten feel free to PM me and I can give you the status. It should be clear on the lists posted and the requests after the lists what the status is, but there are some long lists going on!

Thanks,

Nicole

Another potential problem with awards is ghost collections.

I do know of several sold books that are not removed from the sellers' collection. One seller explained to me that he only removed books, if someone asked for a cert. transfer. Another collection sold at CConnect a month ago, today it's still one of the highest ranking collections.

Maybe CGC could do more to inform users that sold books should be removed within a reasonable time? Just a thought...

And yes, pedigree collections should be awarded just as many points as SS. The persons behind pedigree collections are the true "superheroes" of comic book collecting, I do believe honoring those great enthusiast would be an advantage to both CGC and collectors (more points, more demand, higher fair market values, higher CGC cert. prices etc.). Maybe the problem is designing the system if you have a SS pedigree book hm;)

What about a double cover, SS, pedigree book?

Triple Points. :grin:

Actually not a bad idea. CGC could just set up a "attributes system" to each book, each fulfilled attribute earning a book for example 10% of the universal score (a bad attribute may subtract 10% :devil: - guess this already works for "Qualified" grades). Such a system should not be that complicated to implement hm (thumbs u

And such a system already works for SS too... CGC just needs to decide which attributes to include... And yes, 30% extra of the universal score should be OK for SS + pedigree + double cover? Such a book may be worth twice as much as a universal book! :applause:

Of course one could argue that genetic (mutant) abominations of nature like being born with two faces (=double cover) should not count hm - I may actually agree with Trask on that one... lol

X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-Bolivar-Trask-570x691.jpg

Still I want my expensive pedigree books to count for more :sumo: (I guess this could be the equivalent of telling dog owners that there is no difference between pedigree and *long dry cough!* base-born dogs :roflmao: )