• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 20-23, 2015

273 posts in this topic

Thanks

I was being facetious. No one knows when it will close down. But the last several years, there have been big chunks of the weekend where on-site was closed due to massive volume at show opening.

Did our mags get graded yet? (shrug)

I enjoyed the show last year, and there were lots of great books to choose from. I don't remember seeing any Original Art dealers last year though. Does anyone know of any attending this year? The Wizard website doesn't have a dealer list on their website yet.

I enjoyed the show last year, and there were lots of great books to choose from. I don't remember seeing any Original Art dealers last year though. Does anyone know of any attending this year? The Wizard website doesn't have a dealer list on their website yet.

Anthony's Comic Book Art is there every year ...

Thanks for the responses guys. I must have missed Anthony's last year. I know he usually does set up in Chicago.

I think back about 5 or 6 years ago, and many other OA dealers used to set up in Chicago like Romitaman, Coollines, Albert Moy, etc. I wonder why we don't see them there any longer.

My guess would be that Chicago, while one of the best cons for buying and selling comics, may not be so for OA

You are probably right. I'd just like to see more of an OA presence in the Chicago area someday. That said, I agree WW Chicago has been a great show for comic books, and has been for many years.

Like you mentioned, a few years ago they had the largest assortment of OA dealers that I can remember. I looked through a bunch of their inventory and saw pages for sale from $50 to 150K (a Ditko Strange Tales splash). Not sure why one show is good for OA dealers and another isn't

Just booked my flight. Should be a good time. :banana:

Sorry no autographs this year.

Will you be refunding those of us who prepaid for sigs?

Just booked my flight. Should be a good time. :banana:

Sorry no autographs this year.

Will you be refunding those of us who prepaid for sigs?

No, but you can use your ticket next year or at Alamo City.

After a 5 year hiatus from selling at Wizard Chicago I return. Please keep the applause to a minimum.

I will be sharing some booth space with Comics4Less at location 123.

Leroy

Nooo....you're going take up some of the sweet cheap books that Pete always has.

After a 5 year hiatus from selling at Wizard Chicago I return. Please keep the applause to a minimum.

Leroy

Nooo....you're going take up some of the sweet cheap books that Pete always has.

I'm sure no one will purge the Strawberry Shortcake comics

Leroy

He buys them anyway, dinkus.