• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 20-23, 2015

273 posts in this topic

Best WW I've been to in 3 years.

Chicago never disappoints. My budget was gone three hours before Thursday opening to the public this year, and last year I was tapped before the show officially opened as well. There is never a shortage of stuff to buy here.

It was almost as good as C2E2 :insane:

I'd heard that C2E2 didn't have as many vintage books this year as in years past, what did you think? That is still a show I'd like to check out at some point.

Chicago never disappoints. My budget was gone three hours before Thursday opening to the public this year, and last year I was tapped before the show officially opened as well. There is never a shortage of stuff to buy here.

I'd heard that C2E2 didn't have as many vintage books this year as in years past, what did you think? That is still a show I'd like to check out at some point.

I was being facetious. The only things C2E2 has over WW Chicago is the actual venue is nicer looking inside and it's cheaper to get into, other than that...

C2E2 cons:

Parking / krap

Distance from airport / krap

Restaurants within walking distance / krap

Cost of nearby hotels / krap

Breadth and depth of comics / krap

Glad to hear this show was a successful buying show for many. I thought last year was weak. This year it sounds like people found deals which is always good. Several of the major dealers said they didn't try to do too much buying because they were busy selling, or have been offered a lot of product outside the shows, which makes it better for all concerned.

Look forward to coming back next year.

That's the one I saw....I didn't see a flag on it that mentioned it was part of the upcoming auction like the others.. ....I thought it was weird that it didn't have that as that is standard auction material......my bad....

I was being facetious. The only things C2E2 has over WW Chicago is the actual venue is nicer looking inside and it's cheaper to get into, other than that...

C2E2 cons:

Parking / krap

c2e2 also has a much much larger artist alley with a ton of big names (although this year's Wizard show had a smaller but quality artist alley). and they have the support of most of the big publishers with the exception of DC.

that said, I do concur that this was the best wizard show in a number of years.

C2E2 cons:

Parking / krap

c2e2 also has a much much larger artist alley with a ton of big names (although this year's Wizard show had a smaller but quality artist alley). and they have the support of most of the big publishers with the exception of DC.

that said, I do concur that this was the best wizard show in a number of years.

I forgot about that. C2E2 gets the big publishers to show up where Wizard hasn't in quite a few years. My bad