• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 20-23, 2015

273 posts in this topic

Landed in Atlanta. Next stop ohare

Are you on flight 1693? Will be in Chicago in 2 hours.

Good. The hotel doesn't know what to do with the strippers you ordered. Pretty sure you got the dates wrong.

And on that note, it's good to be back in Chicago! :acclaim:

Anyone know when the convention center opens for set-up?

Good. The hotel doesn't know what to do with the strippers you ordered. Pretty sure you got the dates wrong.

they are probably setting up now?

Dates are right. Hotel is wrong as I have confirmation.

7 AM according to the dealer packet

Great con so far Wed. Saw tall Texan Bedrock City having a smoke break in front of our hotel. My buddy blew his wad at Moondog's so I had to lend him $700 after just the 1st hour. Saw Vintage Roy twice scouting around but most big time vendors were not setting up their wall comics til Thursday. Was never downwind of greggy so win-win. :luhv:

Vendor next to Hauser brought less graphic books, mags and more obscure nice grade SA comics this time.

Will visit GAtor, High Grade comics, :applause: and Dale Roberts Thurs. :hi:

Security less tight for vendor access this summer compared to last summer.

Al Stolz sold a Shazam 28 out of his bargain long boxes for $2, as he forgot to pull that comic out but did manage to pull X-files #1 which is starting to heat up due to the 6 new episodes being shot for Jan, 2016 release.

Had dinner at Giordano's. OK quality, not crowded like on the weekends. (thumbs u

Today was great. Comics for less had great $2 boxes so did victory. Spent a lot today.had dinner at that gino's east. Never had real chicago deep dish. The italian meat was just an arby's roast beef sandwich but that pizza was good. Lost my phone on the way here,

A big "thank you" to Jason and crew (youmechooz) for helping me out yesterday. Hope I helped them out a bit, too. My first setup day at a Con and it was a lot of fun.

Made the rounds of open vendors, grabbed some good stuff (filled my bag by going to 2 places), and met a few boardies here and there. Would love to come back today to get one more round in, but work is overkill right now.

Will take one more lap (or two or three) on Sunday to pick up some on-sites and catch up.

Sad
:acclaim:

I must apologize to greggy for lending my buddy 5 bills to UNDER cut greggy on a choice signed and numbered hardcover NCS portfolio #1. :devil:

wide variety of prices. Saw some Spidey 7-11 give away comics priced from $1 vs $150 each. Bought Harlequin #2 series 1 vf for $5 instead of getting a nm for $45 of same issue. Yes, comics for Less and Victory plus 1 other vendor has choice $2, $5 back issues and vast selection mostly in order. That helps a lot. :whatev:

Went downtown to Fine Art Institute and dinner at Miller's Pub (fish and chip special). still 1 of the top 2 art galleries in the USA. :applause:

Buying was fantastic today. Lots of dealers looking to move books on the first day.

Things started slow, but buying improved as the day went along. Still must have averaged 15-20 books looked at for every one purchased. No easy scores today, no boxes of "fresh-to-market" stuff, but a lot of decent 2nd and 3rd tier material if you were willing to dig for it.

Buying was fantastic today. Lots of dealers looking to move books on the first day.

Things started slow, but buying improved as the day went along. Still must have averaged 15-20 books looked at for every one purchased. No easy scores today, no boxes of "fresh-to-market" stuff, but a lot of decent 2nd and 3rd tier material if you were willing to dig for it.

Don't think I paid more than $30 for a raw book today. You did have to work to finds stuff.