• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 20-23, 2015

273 posts in this topic

You, too :foryou:

:whee: I wasn't happy I didn't join you guys last year, so this year is a must

I'm only 50/50 to make it this year. My travel schedule from late July to the end of August is going to make it tough for me to get there.

:sorry:

:(

:applause:

I will now make more effort to attend, so I can hang out with greggy! 51/49 in.

Steve, at the very least, I plan on seeing you in Minneapolis in early August if you're around.

You, too :foryou:

:whee: I wasn't happy I didn't join you guys last year, so this year is a must

I'm only 50/50 to make it this year. My travel schedule from late July to the end of August is going to make it tough for me to get there.

:sorry:

:(

:applause:

(tsk)

I was just able to book the Lowes Chicago Aug 19th till the 23rd for $122/night + tax on Priceline Express Hotel. Close enough + very good reviews

How many blocks away from Stephens convention center is Lowes, and does the room have 2 beds?

I got my dealer badge access via an Auction house. :cloud9:

Hadn't planned on going this year, but we managed to get an Amtrak sleeper booked. Now room(s) near the convention are the big issue. Admission probably won't be a problem as I think we may be able to snag guest badges.

It's been several years since we did Chicago, so I'm really looking forward to this if we can pull it off. hm

How do you define "near", as there should be rooms at hotels within walking distance. Another option is a hotel that provides a shuttle service to and from the con

We've booked a room at Lowes since I posted earlier, so things are looking good! (thumbs u

I was just able to book the Lowes Chicago Aug 19th till the 23rd for $122/night + tax on Priceline Express Hotel. Close enough + very good reviews

How many blocks away from Stephens convention center is Lowes, and does the room have 2 beds?

I got my dealer badge access via an Auction house. :cloud9:

With Priceline it usually is two double beds, but you can request a particular room and the hotel is accommodating providing they are not at capacity

Great tip Andre! I was able to book the Loews Rosemont just couple blocks from convention center.

For you guys that booked Lowe's I did not know they had beds. Good luck.

Anyway the Loews brand is top notch resort hotel and you should be very pleased if you stay.

Another thing about Priceline is if you must have double beds it's a gamble as they may put you in king room with no option for double.

I went to Loews site and rooms are $319 night so Priceline is a deal while it lasts.

Thanks

I was being facetious. No one knows when it will close down. But the last several years, there have been big chunks of the weekend where on-site was closed due to massive volume at show opening.