• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mindblowing Pencil Art Animation

21 posts in this topic

Anyone who enjoys graphite pencil art should enjoy this animation. There's a longer "making of" on YouTube that gets into the insane technical details, but basically the artist was the 'render engine' for the film.

Instead of traditional 24 frames per second animation it's 60 fps. Required 10,055 original drawings by Glen Keane, each to scale in 3pt perspective.

"Awe inspiring" gets tossed around a lot, but this is the real deal. Truly stunning. (worship)

Amazing stuff. This is mind-boggling to me - "Required 10,055 original drawings by Glen Keane, each to scale in 3pt perspective. "

Me too. It's hard to imagine ten thousand in a lifetime, let alone a single project. But the 10,055 is the originals they used, doesn't include those discarded. :o

Here's the longer (15 minutes) 'Making Of' that's really worthwhile. It gives an unreal context to what we're watching, and yeah, it's mind blowing. :) (thumbs u

Wow! That's just ridiculously beautiful.

There are lovely echoes of "Little Mermaid," "Beauty and the Beast" and "Tarzan" all the way through. A truly moving piece of work.

Thanks for sharing this, made my day.

Amazing stuff. This is mind-boggling to me - "Required 10,055 original drawings by Glen Keane, each to scale in 3pt perspective. "

Me too. It's hard to imagine ten thousand in a lifetime, let alone a single project. But the 10,055 is the originals they used, doesn't include those discarded. :o

Here's the longer (15 minutes) 'Making Of' that's really worthwhile. It gives an unreal context to what we're watching, and yeah, it's mind blowing. :) (thumbs u

There's no algorithm for this kind of genius (thumbs u