• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Discussion has two or more sides, and just because people express alternative opinions that doesn't make it hating on a book.

+1

I'm a big fan, and I really think we'll see the series catch on. But I don't think they were hating on the book. Just pointing out a reason a speculator should be cautious. I've had the same concerns myself, though to a lesser degree. I think It is still under the radar for the majority of people, but I also believe the print run being so low will mean it doesn't have to catch on nearly as well as many books would have to in order to see the price spike speculators are itching for. 2c

Anyways, if everyone here felt the same way about the book, the conversation would get real circle jerky. lol

Edited by AntBrown

I'd also add, the fact that Image ran the one shot and dropped the book is pretty telling, IMO.

No offense Chris but lets state the facts for this title slowly for you. One of the creators comes on the thread here to tell us updates about this title. Its going to be many issues not a mini or whatever you might think is going to happen to this title negatively, around 60 issues. They are going up in print numbers and selling out. There is talk of a media deal in the works. There is a TBP coming out. There is a great story and art not only on the covers but inside the book.

Collectors collect things for what reasons do you think? Is there some special print number that is the perfect storm? Is it 20 K or 100 K ? How many variants are the right number for a series?

I ask these questions because I've read your posts on this thread and others and its fairly negative like sour grapes or something. I don't know you tell me whats grinding your gears? 2c

I'd also add, the fact that Image ran the one shot and dropped the book is pretty telling, IMO.

No offense Chris but lets state the facts for this title slowly for you. One of the creators comes on the thread here to tell us updates about this title. Its going to be many issues not a mini or whatever you might think is going to happen to this title negatively, around 60 issues. They are going up in print numbers and selling out. There is talk of a media deal in the works. There is a TBP coming out. There is a great story and art not only on the covers but inside the book.

Collectors collect things for what reasons do you think? Is there some special print number that is the perfect storm? Is it 20 K or 100 K ? How many variants are the right number for a series?

I ask these questions because I've read your posts on this thread and others and its fairly negative like sour grapes or something. I don't know you tell me whats grinding your gears? 2c

Just curious, do you own more than one copy of this book?

If you've been reading this thread and following me around, you should know what grinds my gears... I spelled it out pretty clearly.

But hey guys, anyone that disagree is instantly the devil. Same mess happened when everyone was circle jerking in East of West thread and I disagreed.

Like I said before, I'd love to be wrong and would come right back here and admit it. If you follow my posts- I'm sort of a big deal- then you would know I admit my mistakes.

Just for posterities sake, here is positive things I've said about other books:

On Letter 44:

It being on Syfy is great too. Gives them lot of chance to explore the "weirder" elements without having to worry about network suits telling them to bring in a hot girl for the viewers (although I do hope they have one.)

I imagine both the scientists will be attractive.

I'm really enjoying this book. I'm back and forth on it at the store. I'm sick of pulling $3.99 books, but I really like it. The story always keeps me interested and the mystery of it all keeps me coming back for more.

Invincible: I've made years worth of positive posts in the thread but this was the first I could find:

It was a fun issue, but it read really fast…

I wish more had happened. I have a pretty good idea where this is headed though and I like it.

Of course, Kirkman has been known to throw a curveball or two our direction.

My first post on Saga:

I picked up the first trade over the weekend when I was finishing up my Christmas shopping. I'd heard good things from the Weekly Long Box (a decent podcast if you are looking) and man oh man was I blown away!

It was so good I got online and bought a signed 9.8 of issue 1 off the boards. This book is going to be solid for a while.

Comments on Outcast:

I thought the second issue was better than the first. It really packed an emotional punch.

One thing I really liked was the pacing. I like how Kirkman allowed the artist to tell a lot of the story. Some of the panels without words were really powerful.

I'm intrigued and excited for this series. Kirkman just seems to be firing on all cylinders right now. It is a shame Marvel couldn't hold on to him…

Low:

I loved the story and 90% of the art. Some of the pages seemed a little distorted but I think that was intentional so I can live with it. What I can't live with is that someone mentioned that there were similarities in reference to damaged covers like we experienced with Southern Bastards. I bought a few copies and sure enough, heavy indent ones on the back. That will teach me to trust an already bagged book.

Ah, but the story is off to such a great start, I'm going to pretend I didn't see the dings. lol

I really enjoyed it too. The story was intriguing and it seemed jam packed for a first issue.

I 100% agree on the art. Some of it was odd, but I think that was intentional. It had a neat style and look.

The bigger surprise is the buzz surrounding a Remender story. It seemed like everyone was hating on him following his Cap debacle. This was a good book though and I enjoyed it.

Velvet:

Loved this book! I just finished it and picked up the computer to comment on it. It had a neat noir, spy feel. Brubaker never disappoints and I was surprised how well Epting fit the book; I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Batman Eternal:

I'm really impressed by the series. It makes you wonder what Scott Snyder will be remembered for now… His Batman run has been very good but I honestly think this book might be better.

Only time will tell though.

A comment about Brubaker's run on Cap:

Didn't it end at Reborn? I've only read some of the earlier stuff so I'm not sure, but it is outstanding!

Comments on Lazarus:

Enjoyed the book. It left me wanting more which will make me pick it up again. I love Rucka and the art was just an added bonus.

i saw a black woman with dreads. being as i live in new york, i see a lot of of black women with dreads. lol

Yea I just thought it was a black women with dreads…

The Wake:

The book is colored different. I really like it though. It adds to the feel of the book and it gives it a mood and feel that works well.

Fatale:

Yea I'm really enjoying this story! I'd love to see more Incognito from this team, but this book is filling the void pretty well.

It is going to issue 16 right?

New 52 Batman:

So I just read issue 24. Wow is all I have to say. I'm speechless, but not literally because I'm going to come gush right here. What Scott Snyder is doing with this title is just incredible. I hadn't been enjoying Zero Year and felt the book was sort of in a decline since Court of Owls. Death of the Family was good, but it just wasn't as incredible as Court of Owls.

However, this issue was awesome. This might be the best single issue I've read of a comic in some time. Everything just came together so well. The art and story flowed like a masterpiece. The coloring was odd, but it ended up working so well with the rest of the book.

All I have to say: If you aren't reading Snyder and Capullo's run on Batman, then you are missing one of the best modern super hero runs of our day. This is a run my son, who is turning into a huge Bat fan, will be talking about in 20 years.

Do yourself a favor and go pick up issue 24- it is well worth the price of admission.

Should I stop? Continue the personal attack though…

Just for posterities sake, here is positive things I've said about other books:

On Letter 44:

It being on Syfy is great too. Gives them lot of chance to explore the "weirder" elements without having to worry about network suits telling them to bring in a hot girl for the viewers (although I do hope they have one.)

I imagine both the scientists will be attractive.

I'm really enjoying this book. I'm back and forth on it at the store. I'm sick of pulling $3.99 books, but I really like it. The story always keeps me interested and the mystery of it all keeps me coming back for more.

Invincible: I've made years worth of positive posts in the thread but this was the first I could find:

It was a fun issue, but it read really fast…

I wish more had happened. I have a pretty good idea where this is headed though and I like it.

Of course, Kirkman has been known to throw a curveball or two our direction.

My first post on Saga:

I picked up the first trade over the weekend when I was finishing up my Christmas shopping. I'd heard good things from the Weekly Long Box (a decent podcast if you are looking) and man oh man was I blown away!

It was so good I got online and bought a signed 9.8 of issue 1 off the boards. This book is going to be solid for a while.

Comments on Outcast:

I thought the second issue was better than the first. It really packed an emotional punch.

One thing I really liked was the pacing. I like how Kirkman allowed the artist to tell a lot of the story. Some of the panels without words were really powerful.

I'm intrigued and excited for this series. Kirkman just seems to be firing on all cylinders right now. It is a shame Marvel couldn't hold on to him…

Low:

I loved the story and 90% of the art. Some of the pages seemed a little distorted but I think that was intentional so I can live with it. What I can't live with is that someone mentioned that there were similarities in reference to damaged covers like we experienced with Southern Bastards. I bought a few copies and sure enough, heavy indent ones on the back. That will teach me to trust an already bagged book.

Ah, but the story is off to such a great start, I'm going to pretend I didn't see the dings. lol

I really enjoyed it too. The story was intriguing and it seemed jam packed for a first issue.

I 100% agree on the art. Some of it was odd, but I think that was intentional. It had a neat style and look.

The bigger surprise is the buzz surrounding a Remender story. It seemed like everyone was hating on him following his Cap debacle. This was a good book though and I enjoyed it.

Velvet:

Loved this book! I just finished it and picked up the computer to comment on it. It had a neat noir, spy feel. Brubaker never disappoints and I was surprised how well Epting fit the book; I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Batman Eternal:

I'm really impressed by the series. It makes you wonder what Scott Snyder will be remembered for now… His Batman run has been very good but I honestly think this book might be better.

Only time will tell though.

A comment about Brubaker's run on Cap:

Didn't it end at Reborn? I've only read some of the earlier stuff so I'm not sure, but it is outstanding!

Comments on Lazarus:

Enjoyed the book. It left me wanting more which will make me pick it up again. I love Rucka and the art was just an added bonus.

i saw a black woman with dreads. being as i live in new york, i see a lot of of black women with dreads. lol

Yea I just thought it was a black women with dreads…

The Wake:

The book is colored different. I really like it though. It adds to the feel of the book and it gives it a mood and feel that works well.

Fatale:

Yea I'm really enjoying this story! I'd love to see more Incognito from this team, but this book is filling the void pretty well.

It is going to issue 16 right?

New 52 Batman:

So I just read issue 24. Wow is all I have to say. I'm speechless, but not literally because I'm going to come gush right here. What Scott Snyder is doing with this title is just incredible. I hadn't been enjoying Zero Year and felt the book was sort of in a decline since Court of Owls. Death of the Family was good, but it just wasn't as incredible as Court of Owls.

However, this issue was awesome. This might be the best single issue I've read of a comic in some time. Everything just came together so well. The art and story flowed like a masterpiece. The coloring was odd, but it ended up working so well with the rest of the book.

All I have to say: If you aren't reading Snyder and Capullo's run on Batman, then you are missing one of the best modern super hero runs of our day. This is a run my son, who is turning into a huge Bat fan, will be talking about in 20 years.

Do yourself a favor and go pick up issue 24- it is well worth the price of admission.

Should I stop? Continue the personal attack though…

Thats funny ! Quit being so freakin' negative :roflmao:

Now if I could just get you to see it my way on East of West :wishluck:

We seem to share similar taste, but East of West just didn't do it for me. I pulled it for like 7 or 8 issues and loved it at first. The idea of a futuristic western seemed great, but Hickman took it in a different direction. I just don't think I'm a Hickman fan, to be honest. I dropped his FF run and I'd been pullin the title for like 10 years at the time. There is just something about the way he tells a story. It just doesn't work, for me.

We seem to share similar taste, but East of West just didn't do it for me. I pulled it for like 7 or 8 issues and loved it at first. The idea of a futuristic western seemed great, but Hickman took it in a different direction. I just don't think I'm a Hickman fan, to be honest. I dropped his FF run and I'd been pullin the title for like 10 years at the time. There is just something about the way he tells a story. It just doesn't work, for me.

Try Manhattan Projects. Best. Book. Ever.

Just picked these up at Baltimore Comic Con, the dealer only had a few other issues at $25 a pop. No one else had any, or heard of it.

20140905_151421_zpswth6tkbm.jpg

Did he also have copies of the one-shot? I grabbed a bunch of stuff from his booth. He was pretty flexible on prices. Or did you buy it directly from Larry?

Edited by Taco

If anyone is in the area, I saw about 4 or so copies of 3A and 3B at the Forbidden Planet London store while on vacation.

I would have bought them, but had no way to get them back to the states in good condition.

That store also has a ton of Southern Bastards FB variants (as one would assume) on the shelves. (Among other FB variants.)