• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I'd say that it's catching on more and more. Most shops in my area are ordering it due to so many people asking for it. That and the quality of the work itself is undeniable.

This is not a comparison, just a reference...Bone is a pretty hot book that the masses didn't know about for a long time.

I want to like this book and I'm intrigued by the idea, but there is no buzz outside of these boards. If I'm wrong, please correct me. However, I've been to 4 shops in the 20 or so mile radius and none of them know what I'm talking about. How can a book no one can get become a hot property? I get that it is early on, but I just don't see it catching on.

And this is coming from someone that spent money on the first issue.

but I just don't see it catching on.

Snicker.

Okee dokee.

A genuinely short printed book of such high quality with media deals in the works won't catch on.

Gotcha.

Over 600 sales on ebay or about half the sales of Manifest Destiny, 2/3 the sales of Rat Queens and I've seen a lot of talk about this series on at least 3 other sites.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_nkw=enormous&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I think its a winner but I bought at cover so maybe I would look at it differently otherwise. (shrug)

I want to like this book and I'm intrigued by the idea, but there is no buzz outside of these boards. If I'm wrong, please correct me. However, I've been to 4 shops in the 20 or so mile radius and none of them know what I'm talking about. How can a book no one can get become a hot property? I get that it is early on, but I just don't see it catching on.

Snicker.

Okee dokee.

A genuinely short printed book of such high quality with media deals in the works won't catch on.

Gotcha.

I take everything Larry says as gospel. Everyone else does too right? :whistle:

Over 600 sales on ebay or about half the sales of Manifest Destiny, 2/3 the sales of Rat Queens and I've seen a lot of talk about this series on at least 3 other sites.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_nkw=enormous&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I think its a winner but I bought at cover so maybe I would look at it differently otherwise. (shrug)

My store can't even get it though. How are they going to get people reading it if they can't even get it in to stores? I've been sitting on my copy of the first issue waiting to get a later issue or two and read them straight through. I don't see that happening though.

And I'd bet a good number of those sales were people here on the boards who scrambled to buy it.

I've been asking my LCS about it for 2 months now. They recently had one other person ask for it.

And I get that we can compare it to The Walking Dead. However, it took years for TWD to get a show. It was an established property at that point.

This is sounding more and more like a Sixth Gun fallout to me. I also find it surprising that it would be in discussions for a show when there is some good stuff out there that I'd love to see made in to a show. Heck look at the red tape Powers has gone through to be made in to a Playstation Network show…?

It hasn't caught on because LCS's missed the boat. There just aren't enough copies out there and by the time they caught on, it was too late. That's why copies are selling for $15+ on eBay.

Once again, the dreaded speculators were ahead of the game and now people will have to pay to catch up. I don't know when a new arc will start, but when it does, you can be sure people will be hopping on.

It's a bada$$ book if you haven't seen it! And dat's da troof !!!! :)

Snicker.

Okee dokee.

Gotcha.

Larry 08:03: For Larry so loved the Enormous that he gave his one and only dollar, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Well...

Perhaps I'm wrong on this.

Let's revisit in six month, shall we?

Larry has made a killing on the book already so any more heat is just extra toppings on his personal pan pizza.

The art is incredible and is suiting for a comic with kaiju.

A full length live action film based on it would rely on great special effects and direction. Who you gonna call? … Del Toro?

Snicker.

Okee dokee.

Gotcha.

Larry 08:03: For Larry so loved the Enormous that he gave his one and only dollar, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Well...

We will, and I bet my store will still be trying to get me a copy. You know because 215 Ink is just like Image comics and all…

Snicker.

Okee dokee.

Gotcha.

Well...

We will, and I bet my store will still be trying to get me a copy. You know because 215 Ink is just like Image comics and all…

If the tpb isn't readily available with a click through Diamond in six months you'll be correct Sir.

If it "is".

You're simply a bitter troll.

Snicker.

Okee dokee.

Gotcha.

Well...

If the tpb isn't readily available with a click through Diamond in six months you'll be correct Sir.

If it "is".

You're calling me a troll? I'm merely disagreeing with people. I'll also note that I made a similar comment about East of West and everyone was swearing it was going to be incredible. My CGCed copy is still worth less than the $40 I paid for it.

I will admit I'm a bit bitter that I'm unable to find the book at a reasonable price. There in lies my problem with the book though. I'm bitter and unhappy with it before I even read it. I can't imagine I'm alone either.

It also frustrates me that the "Creator" here offered to help people unable to find it or whose stores were unable to find it. I responded to him a few times to no avail.

And just to throw it out there:

Please, help me out and name names.

If you have an unfulfilled order for #2, please list the shop and/or site ordered from, number of copies and so on.

My LCS, Alternate Worlds, is still waiting for copies of #2. They claimed they ordered it for me a month ago from Diamond right after issue 1 came out and I asked about it. I just got word that #2 still has not come in to the store…

Snicker.

Okee dokee.

Gotcha.

Well...

If it "is".

You're calling me a troll? I'm merely disagreeing with people. I'll also note that I made a similar comment about East of West and everyone was swearing it was going to be incredible. My CGCed copy is still worth less than the $40 I paid for it.

I will admit I'm a bit bitter that I'm unable to find the book at a reasonable price. There in lies my problem with the book though. I'm bitter and unhappy with it before I even read it. I can't imagine I'm alone either.

It also frustrates me that the "Creator" here offered to help people unable to find it or whose stores were unable to find it. I responded to him a few times to no avail.

You're calling me a troll?

Yes. For this inflammatory remark:

I take everything Larry says as gospel. Everyone else does too right?

And just to throw it out there:

Please, help me out and name names.

If you have an unfulfilled order for #2, please list the shop and/or site ordered from, number of copies and so on.

My LCS, Alternate Worlds, is still waiting for copies of #2. They claimed they ordered it for me a month ago from Diamond right after issue 1 came out and I asked about it. I just got word that #2 still has not come in to the store…

I thought they were more trying to get a read on what places did and did not receive their copies, rather than offering to help anyone specifically out with actually getting issues. Aside from personally selling off their own copies, I don't know how they would be able to help. (shrug)

So where can I just read this?

Probably the same place you could read Walking Dead when issue three hit....

You mean sitting on the shelf of my LCS meh

Absolutely NOT how it went down...

I hosted Mr Kirkman when WD #6 hit at the shop. copies of earlier issues were few & far between.

Just like Enormous.

( Enormous 1-2-3 & one shot are still on my shelves at cover price for in shop sales. )

I love how you always throw in "for in shop sales" and you refuse to sell on the boards. It makes me wonder why you post here...

*shrug*

Maybe because I'm a lifelong comic fan that buys & sells a of comics & likes to mix it up in the trenches?