• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Over 600 sales on ebay or about half the sales of Manifest Destiny, 2/3 the sales of Rat Queens and I've seen a lot of talk about this series on at least 3 other sites.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_nkw=enormous&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I think its a winner but I bought at cover so maybe I would look at it differently otherwise. (shrug)

My store can't even get it though. How are they going to get people reading it if they can't even get it in to stores? I've been sitting on my copy of the first issue waiting to get a later issue or two and read them straight through. I don't see that happening though.

And I'd bet a good number of those sales were people here on the boards who scrambled to buy it.

I've been asking my LCS about it for 2 months now. They recently had one other person ask for it.

And I get that we can compare it to The Walking Dead. However, it took years for TWD to get a show. It was an established property at that point.

This is sounding more and more like a Sixth Gun fallout to me. I also find it surprising that it would be in discussions for a show when there is some good stuff out there that I'd love to see made in to a show. Heck look at the red tape Powers has gone through to be made in to a Playstation Network show…?

Yeah, I get your point. Scarcity can cause a book to heat up or cause people to lose interest. I think it will do well but I agree, they need more copies available. It sounds that that will be the case for #4. I haven't personally compared this to the Walking Dead in any way. It has more of a Pacific Rim look to it. In fact, the book reads more of how I felt Cloverfield SHOULD have been done in the commercials and NOT how it was done in the full movie.

I never read Sixth Gun but I do remember the prices and this book isn't even close in price to where SG bottomed out. (shrug)

So where can I just read this?

Probably the same place you could read Walking Dead when issue three hit....

You mean sitting on the shelf of my LCS meh

Absolutely NOT how it went down...

I hosted Mr Kirkman when WD #6 hit at the shop. copies of earlier issues were few & far between.

Just like Enormous.

( Enormous 1-2-3 & one shot are still on my shelves at cover price for in shop sales. )

You're probably right. I missed the boat on TWD and was sort of joking.

eBay is not the boards so we will see how much heat falls upon this one. No, it's not my book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151401180940?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I wish it my book (thumbs u

If I'm not mistaken, thats one of mine that I sold a few weeks back. Not positive, but the cert # seems familiar. I sold 3 and got a pretty good price on them all. Kinda wishing I would have held onto more than 1 for a while longer though.

Edited by AntBrown

eBay is not the boards so we will see how much heat falls upon this one. No, it's not my book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151401180940?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I wish it my book (thumbs u

If I'm not mistaken, thats one of mine that I sold a few weeks back. Not positive, but the cert # seems familiar. I sold 3 and got a pretty good price on them all. Kinda wishing I would have held onto more than 1 for a while longer though.

You can't lose by taking a profit. The book could have have decreased in value just as easily as it has grown. You did well. (thumbs u

I want to like this book and I'm intrigued by the idea, but there is no buzz outside of these boards. If I'm wrong, please correct me. However, I've been to 4 shops in the 20 or so mile radius and none of them know what I'm talking about. How can a book no one can get become a hot property? I get that it is early on, but I just don't see it catching on.

And this is coming from someone that spent money on the first issue.

A fair assessment to be sure. BUT - the numbers don't lie - the orders are going up with every issue after #3. When most books are finding their core readership and settling out, we're growing. Don't let perception rule your reality. If you like the book, then read it. Who cares who's heard of it, the most important thing is - you have.

Chris, I'm sorry that the experience has been frustrating. I emailed over 300 retailers personally and practically begged them to order a meager 2-4 copies. What can I say? They declined.

As far as Sixth Gun and TWD comparisons, keep in mind Enormous has already been adapted and those folks responsible are heavily invested in ensuring that it continues and grows.

Edited by enormouscomic