• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Chris,

I agree with you. I live in Southern California and have close to 10 LCS within 20 minutes of either my house or job. Only 1 of them received any copies and that was only for issue #1. The other 9 had no idea what I was talking about. It's really a shame because the art and story are really good but like you said if people can't get the product how will this take off?

Even if this becomes a big hit will collectors start collecting this title after missing numerous issues?

It's no ones fault it was missed by quite a few shops. 215 Ink is a smaller publisher, and sadly many shops stick with Marvel, DC, Image, and very seldom others. It's reasonable, if a shop has certain clientele they must cater to them rather than gambling on filling the shelves with smaller print run books that may sit. Unfortunate so many readers are not exposed to such amazing smaller print run books such as Enormous yet it makes sense. I'm based in Houston and finding one on the shelves was mission impossible but it's being ordered now by the shop owners. These shops that missed it completely do all have plenty of time to order the trade though.

Think about getting the ones i have graded on site at Baltimore this weekend, there are only 17 graded on the census, all various # 1 issues.

The flood be a'comin though after that Phantom sold for $350 and hastings/normal #1 sold for over a hundy...

Think about getting the ones i have graded on site at Baltimore this weekend, there are only 17 graded on the census, all various # 1 issues.

The flood be a'comin though after that Phantom sold for $350 and hastings/normal #1 sold for over a hundy...

With on site he'd likely beat the flood though. He'd sure have his out there before mine get back.

It's no ones fault it was missed by quite a few shops. 215 Ink is a smaller publisher, and sadly many shops stick with Marvel, DC, Image, and very seldom others. It's reasonable, if a shop has certain clientele they must cater to them rather than gambling on filling the shelves with smaller print run books that may sit. Unfortunate so many readers are not exposed to such amazing smaller print run books such as Enormous yet it makes sense. I'm based in Houston and finding one on the shelves was mission impossible but it's being ordered now by the shop owners. These shops that missed it completely do all have plenty of time to order the trade though.

I agree it’s nobody's fault but that's not my point. My point is how can a comic become popular if collectors can't acquire it? How can it be a hit if 95% of comic collectors never heard of it? I like the comic and think it has the potential to be a hit with collectors but that won't happen if collectors can't acquire it. Even if a lot of LCS have the trade for sale it will still hurt the potential growth of the comic if collectors can't get the regular issue each month. BOTTOM LINE: if this comic is going to be a hit (I'm not talking about the value of issue #1, I'm talking about with collectors) it needs to be available each month for collectors. If the comic rarely shows up on the shelf of LCS it's going to have problems. Just my opinion guy’s maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by raybowles

If $15 for an extremely accessible first print off eBay is too much what is the definition of a collector? I never thought a collector was defined by the ability to find a comic on a shelf at cover. This thread is over 90 pages because quite a few collectors have heard of it, no? Maybe I'm missing something.

I agree it’s nobody's fault but that's not my point. My point is how can a comic become popular if collectors can't acquire it? How can it be a hit if 95% of comic collectors never heard of it? I like the comic and think it has the potential to be a hit with collectors but that won't happen if collectors can't acquire it. Even if a lot of LCS have the trade for sale it will still hurt the potential growth of the comic if collectors can't get the regular issue each month. BOTTOM LINE: if this comic is going to be a hit (I'm not talking about the value of issue #1, I'm talking about with collectors) it needs to be available each month for collectors. If the comic rarely shows up on the shelf of LCS it's going to have problems. Just my opinion guy’s maybe I'm wrong.

Yea this is sort of my point as well. I'd have major issues if I was a creator on this book. It clearly shows on my LCS' orders that they are ordering it and yet the book is not coming.

And again, I've been in four other stores in the immediate area that all do a lot of business. None of them have heard of it…

If $15 for an extremely accessible first print off eBay is too much what is the definition of a collector? I never thought a collector was defined by the ability to find a comic on a shelf at cover. This thread is over 90 pages because quite a few collectors have heard of it, no? Maybe I'm missing something.

I think the point was that many people have mentioned going into various stores where the owners aren't ordering it or haven't even heard of it. Most people aren't going to plunk down $15 for a new comic that sold for $4 if they haven't been able to read any other issues to know whether they actually want it.