• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

If I'm reading Diamond's old ship list correctly. ( of course I am )

The Enormous one shot shipped BEFORE Mondo #3 that contained the preview.

Enormous one shot shipped 7/11/2012

Mondo #3 shipped: 8/1/2012

Enormous one shot is the first appearance of Enormous.

yea with a bit of googling i confirmed it as well...

Generally the previews are considered first appearances.

Not in this case though...

Then theres also the dreaded print run.. Mondo 3 seems to have a lower print run since its also the last issue of that series.. plus the grading bonus and id say its a possible winner..

Can it be up for debate? Is there some other precedent where something is a first appearance even though... it... appeared.. first... elsewhere? Talk about a can of worms!

Then theres also the dreaded print run.. Mondo 3 seems to have a lower print run since its also the last issue of that series.. plus the grading bonus and id say its a possible winner..

Can it be up for debate? Is there some other precedent where something is a first appearance even though... it... appeared.. first... elsewhere? Talk about a can of worms!

Sure..

ALPHA FLIGHT #17 vs BIG HERO 6 #1

TMNT #1 vs GOBBLEDYGOOK #1

DMZ 1 vs Y THE LAST MAN 37

sooo many others...

At the end of the day.. If the title is enormous (no pun intended) and there are significantly fewer copies of a preview than a #1.. the former tops the latter as far as desirability.. Usually

Sure..

sooo many others...

Well, just going off of one of those I know about, and was able to Google to confirm...

"Scheduling issues resulted in the mini-series appearing before Alpha Flight #17, though the Alpha Flight issue was chronologically their first appearance in the Marvel Universe."

This is a case of a shared universe - I sort of get it, I guess, but it doesn't make a lot of sense from a practical stand point.

And the TMNT one... isn't the 'appearance' in Goobledygook just an ad?

Anyway, I guess if it was all straightforward there wouldn't be much to talk about :laugh:

Edited by SquareChaos

Sure..

sooo many others...

Well, just going off of one of those I know about, and was able to Google to confirm...

"Scheduling issues resulted in the mini-series appearing before Alpha Flight #17, though the Alpha Flight issue was chronologically their first appearance in the Marvel Universe."

This is a case of a shared universe - I sort of get it, I guess, but it doesn't make a lot of sense from a practical stand point.

And the TMNT one... isn't the 'appearance' in Goobledygook just an ad?

Anyway, I guess if it was all straightforward there wouldn't be much to talk about :laugh:

Yup, the collectibles universe is almost as complex as the Marvel Universe lol

I guess the best way to do it is to let the industry pick the winner, Im pretty sure that they'll pick both.. Now I gotta figure out if I can get a few of those M3s too!!

(I have 2 Treasuries already hehe)

I have two treasuries, a few of the regular cover, and a Hastings variant. I don't have cover B, but I may pick one of those up if it presents itself.

I don't think this is going to 'blow up' or anything, but I do like the kaiju genre.

Also... if the industry is picking winners, can they go back to the whole Absolute Vertigo / Preacher #1 debate. I have a copy of Absolute Vertigo, ha.

I have two treasuries, a few of the regular cover, and a Hastings variant. I don't have cover B, but I may pick one of those up if it presents itself.

I don't think this is going to 'blow up' or anything, but I do like the kaiju genre.

Also... if the industry is picking winners, can they go back to the whole Absolute Vertigo / Preacher #1 debate. I have a copy of Absolute Vertigo, ha.

AV#1 is a great book to own! a 9.8 recently sold for 200+

If thats even any indication to what M#3 will bring if Enormous reaches Preacher levels than.. It will probably sell more than Enormous #1 because that book is not gradable!

Edited by Aweandlorder

Mondo #3 to Enormous #1 is what Tim Krul was to Jasper Cillessen this past weekend ;)

Mondo #3 to Enormous #1 is what Tim Krul was to Jasper Cillessen this past weekend ;)

I suspected you were talking about soccer, but I had to Google it to make sure. :)

At the end of the day.. If the title is enormous (no pun intended) and there are significantly fewer copies of a preview than a #1.. the former tops the latter as far as desirability.. Usually

lol

No.

i'd never take a previews over any comic.

Me either - but one look at eBay sees that they tend to be able to move them. I've never bought one personally, not for the preview anyway.

However, I do find the original concept of discussion interesting... 'official' first appearances after actual first appearances.

People try to push the first appearance of Invincible in a preview. The CGC label even notes it in a Noble Causes issue or something. However, the demand has always seemed to stay on Invincible 1.

I don't understand the push to make a first appearance a preview. It all depends what the market decides.My money is on the preview having some value but nothing like the first issue.

I'm more curious what happens with the treasury edition…