• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Any predictions on the price for the different covers when they come back from CGC?

Mythopolis

Mythopolis didn't look this good(except for the Dancer cover which I think drove prices), didn't read this good, and never came out with an issue after #1.

And you'll be waiting a loooong time for number 2. I really hope no one here is sitting on stacks of these hoping for a big payday.

Haha, I bought 2 each of the Dancer and I think 1 other cover. If I remember correctly, I sold a set for $20 and didn't let go of the 2nd set because I thought it had a shot. :screwy::tonofbricks:

I found a Treasury Enourmous today! (and my 30 something copies of Mythopolis. Thanks Branget :sorry:)

Well, Myth 2 is written but no artist is attached at present. Part of the problem with books like this is that they would probably have a shot with publishers like Boom or Image, but unless you are Kirkman or Someone of that level you are looking at two years plus to get on the publishing rota.

Well I was watching 2 sales for the enormous treasury one shot on ebay. sellers had 4 each for $21 + $15 shipping. I went to bed to think about it. Just checked again. All gone. So much for sleeping on it.

This series better be good! I've now bought a Phantom and regular cover for way too much money! I picked up the regular cover to read and figure I'll hang on to the Ghost in hopes the book takes off.

You guys steered me wrong on East of West so this might be strike two!

Haha ! East of West ? Really ? Did you stop reading halfway through the first issue ? lol

Over 150 positive reviews

http://www.comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/image-comics/east-of-west

There have been some misses that started out great but East of West gets better and better as it goes. Try it again. (thumbs u

quote=Chris S.]This series better be good! I've now bought a Phantom and regular cover for way too much money! I picked up the regular cover to read and figure I'll hang on to the Ghost in hopes the book takes off.

Blasphemy. :sumo:

I felt this way to. Then i read tpb#1 where there is a full set of issues and you can really see this one picking up steam.

If East of West wasn't his thing, that's perfectly OK.

However, I would personally recommend continuing. It gets quite good and takes a few issues to really get going.

I agree. I was just :baiting: a little :grin:

I think this book is good but I think it has a mountain to climb to be as good as East of West. The art, reminds me of some old painted Marvel stuff from the 90s and thats a good thing imo.

Haha ! East of West ? Really ? Did you stop reading halfway through the first issue ? lol

Over 150 positive reviews

http://www.comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/image-comics/east-of-west

There have been some misses that started out great but East of West gets better and better as it goes. Try it again. (thumbs u

I was actually blown away by the first issue of EoW. It just didn't capture me from there. I didn't care enough about anyone in the series and found some of it was odd. It didn't capture me.

My bigger point was I make one speculative purchase a year. I picked up an East of West 1 9.8 right after it came out for like $40. They are going for less then that on eBay.

I did alright with my Saga SS #1 though and I guess I owe people here credit for that one. I also love the heck out of that series.