• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Thanks for the definition of trolling troll.

Seriously? You need to just exit the conversation in this thread as you have nothing of value to add with statements like that.

+1 but it's wishful thinking. ;)

I'm not in a good mood. I'll lay that out right now.

Arguing about whether speculating, hoarding, or variants kill the hobby or what the hell ever you may think, is fine. Great. Have your opinion, but don't cram it down someone's throat. I collect because I like the art. Some collect for investment and some for other reasons. Yes, if you don't get one of the phantom variants, it sucks. It's a nice cover. I want one. But I'm not going to person_without_enough_empathy at everyone else because I can't get one. Also, if someone wants to buy 50 books. Who the cares? Do you really have that much spare time that you can post about something that really doesn't affect you? I was really enjoying this thread until it turned from a discussion to an argument to this. No one's talking about the story, or the art, or what's next. Everyone's just arguing about who's right and who's wrong.

And if someone buys the whole damn print run, it's not like the publisher says "oh mess, well too bad we can't print any more to make even more money."

Thanks for the insight some of you have provided. I'm looking forward to where the story goes and the art is really good.

Gunnz

Any predictions on the price for the different covers when they come back from CGC?

Mythopolis

Mythopolis didn't look this good(except for the Dancer cover which I think drove prices), didn't read this good, and never came out with an issue after #1.

And you'll be waiting a loooong time for number 2. I really hope no one here is sitting on stacks of these hoping for a big payday.

Any predictions on the price for the different covers when they come back from CGC?

Mythopolis

Mythopolis didn't look this good(except for the Dancer cover which I think drove prices), didn't read this good, and never came out with an issue after #1.

And you'll be waiting a loooong time for number 2. I really hope no one here is sitting on stacks of these hoping for a big payday.

Haha, I bought 2 each of the Dancer and I think 1 other cover. If I remember correctly, I sold a set for $20 and didn't let go of the 2nd set because I thought it had a shot. :screwy::tonofbricks:

Limiting in store to 2 at cover price,

Unlimited online at market price.

A system that works very well for me, creators & publishers.

It keeps a supply of books on hand for readers, to build a fan base.

It generates demand & excitement for collectors, while providing a nice revenue stream that I can then redirect back to the creators & publishers.

That's the way it should be, 100% in alignment with my comments also.

Mythopolis

Haha, I bought 2 each of the Dancer and I think 1 other cover. If I remember correctly, I sold a set for $20 and didn't let go of the 2nd set because I thought it had a shot. :screwy::tonofbricks:

I found a Treasury Enourmous today! (and my 30 something copies of Mythopolis. Thanks Branget :sorry:)

Have your opinion, but don't cram it down someone's throat.

Can you quote some posts that qualify as this? Or any post that was directed at you. Your post telling people what they can and can't post kinda of qualifies though, dont you think?

But I'm not going to person_without_enough_empathy at everyone else because I can't get one.

Again, can you quote where anyone did this.

Who the cares? Do you really have that much spare time that you can post about something that really doesn't affect you?

See, I posted earlier the two things that really do bug me on this board. The main one is when people assume to try and tell other people what they can and can't do. The moderators are the ones who decide what posts to remove.

If they didnt remove it, and you dont like it, and apparently dont want to talk about it, then just put the person on ignore.

I was really enjoying this thread until it turned from a discussion to an argument to this. No one's talking about the story, or the art, or what's next.

The thread was started 3 days ago? I love the story and art on Fatale (see the sig), but no one posts in it. It sure had tons of posts when it was hot on ebay years ago. Take the good with the bad, if a book you like is getting lots of posts in its thread.

If you love the book and its art, then guide the discussion by posting about what you said, instead of arguing under the guise of not arguing.

Money, and ebay will always come up in the modern threads, its unavoidable on anything that is popular and people are buying.