• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Thank you! I think #2 & #3 are still going to be pretty damned rare.

Tim said these would be rare...if #1's print run guess was about 3-5K, I'm betting #2 and #3 will be sub 2K...

Hopefully that 2nd print of #1 brings more readers into the mix. Also, hopping for #2 to rock the house...love #1's art, but story was so-so...but anxious to see what's next.

Anyone noticed this:

ScreenShot2014-08-03at113050AM_zps793c19fb.png

I'm not sure I've ever seen a book sell out this early… hm

hm

I hadn't until you pointed it out. Interesting.

Panzerfaust during the #8-9 stretch sold out in a matter of minutes.

Like 5 minutes after next week's comics were posted on that Wednesday. It was crazy.

And those are worth about less than cover now. Haha

Wait. Why am I laughing...?

Just had an amazing con in Tampa and just a note, not a single person asked for Enormous, and only sold one copy ($10).

I have a sinking feeling this is purely speculator driven and the general public doesn't know about it.

Conversely, I had lots of people asking about Sex Criminals, Rat Queens, Harley Quinn, Five Ghosts and Manifest Destiny.

Just had an amazing con in Tampa and just a note, not a single person asked for Enormous, and only sold one copy ($10).

I have a sinking feeling this is purely speculator driven and the general public doesn't know about it.

Conversely, I had lots of people asking about Sex Criminals, Rat Queens, Harley Quinn, Five Ghosts and Manifest Destiny.

(thumbs u

Like 5 minutes after next week's comics were posted on that Wednesday. It was crazy.

Hmmm. Worth less than cover?

I will literally buy every copy you have of both issues for cover price. I don't care if you have a few hundred of them, I will take them all. LMK (thumbs u

I will literally buy every copy you have of both issues for cover price. I don't care if you have a few hundred of them, I will take them all. LMK (thumbs u

+1

I think it's going to be a hit.

Interesting..good info to know...thanks!

That doesn't surprise me too much though. I tried to sell a Saga 1 last year at Baltimore and I couldn't get anyone to jump on it. I priced it pretty soft too and even offered people huge discounts.

Still has me a bit concerned. You guys let me down on another speculative goof I'm done trusting you all.

(thumbs u

I speculate on ...everything I like and a few (short term) I don't. My guess is that most people have never heard of Enormous ...yet. (shrug)

The books you named being hot make sense to me. How many people were asking for Five Ghosts relative to other stuff ?

(thumbs u

I speculate on ...everything I like and a few (short term) I don't. My guess is that most people have never heard of Enormous ...yet. (shrug)

The books you named being hot make sense to me. How many people were asking for Five Ghosts relative to other stuff ?

In my raw comics I had a box labeled hot image comics(had some non-image books as well).

It contained Sex Criminals, Walking Dead 127s, Manifest Destiny, Rat Queens, Enormous, East of West and Five Ghosts.

I had to keep replenishing the Sex Criminals and certain copies of MD(all the MD copies were later prints as I had run out of 1sts)

As far as people asking, especially on Five Ghosts, about 1 in 5 asked me if I had any other copies besides #1, and when I ran out of the few 1's I had people asking in general.

I would say the most asked about book at the con was Harley Quinn #1 and guardians of the galaxy books. I sold a lot of the Hastings #1 variant.

Edited by ZaCrew

I'm not really surprised that Enormous is a minor player now and it may stay that way. I prefer the other books you named except the Harley Quinn stuff. I like HQ but the new series is kind of blah imo. I'm betting anything that says GotG in the title is going to be hot. That movie was amazing. I love cosmic Marvel. I'm pulling out old stuff to get reacquainted lol

Someone in comics genera said the GotG movie could change the way people view comics. I tend to agree. My youngest son and oldest daughter went again today and my youngest and I are going back tomorrow. They are excited about it like I was with The Empire Strikes Back. It's really fun. (thumbs u

Doesn't everyone recall that people were not clawing after TWD #1 four weeks after release. I have a really good feeling about Enormous. Not only that it continues to be a stellar series, but also that something massive is going to come out of it in a live action format. One much larger than the web launched pilot.

I hear you.

Maybe I was a tad too over the top.

I obviously love me some Peter Panzerfaust.

But it just seems I am one of the remaining few after that crazy speculative phase.