• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

The Hastings I went to only had 2 copies of the variants (and Hastings certainly isn't known for carrying a large inventory of comics). At 2 copies each x 136 stores = over 500 for sell on-line

I'm slightly doubtful the Hastings variant was actually in stock on this morning. I placed an order recently and happened to see the Black and White Amazing Spiderman was in stock.. only to have them refund that portion of the order about 2 weeks later as I recall. Their stock system is pretty flawed. I really hope whoever ordered gets them - that's just my experience with books that suddenly become available again on the GoHastings site.

I'm slightly doubtful the Hastings variant was actually in stock on this morning. I placed an order recently and happened to see the Black and White Amazing Spiderman was in stock.. only to have them refund that portion of the order about 2 weeks later as I recall. Their stock system is pretty flawed. I really hope whoever ordered gets them - that's just my experience with books that suddenly become available again on the GoHastings site.

Ordered three copies this morning, I'll keep you posted.

ML.

#2 comes out next week, I think.

Cover B 8/6/14

Cover A 8/13/14 (shrug)

So, when something like this happens (with any publisher), and there's a first appearance in the issue, what's the opinion on whether only the cover that made it to the store is the first appearance?

#2 comes out next week, I think.

Cover B 8/6/14

Cover A 8/13/14 (shrug)

So, when something like this happens (with any publisher), and there's a first appearance in the issue, what's the opinion on whether only the cover that made it to the store is the first appearance?

I don't know. It wouldn't make any difference to me personally but some might care which hit the shelves first. To me, I'd rather have the better looking cover which imo is "A".

Edited by The Authority