• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Panzerfaust during the #8-9 stretch sold out in a matter of minutes.

Like 5 minutes after next week's comics were posted on that Wednesday. It was crazy.

And those are worth about less than cover now. Haha

Wait. Why am I laughing...?

Hmmm. Worth less than cover?

I will literally buy every copy you have of both issues for cover price. I don't care if you have a few hundred of them, I will take them all. LMK (thumbs u

I hear you.

Maybe I was a tad too over the top.

I obviously love me some Peter Panzerfaust.

But it just seems I am one of the remaining few after that crazy speculative phase.

That's why we like you. You buy books for the best reason of all, you like them. I figure if you're reading something, its worth taking a shot. My brother is the same kind of guy. (thumbs u

People love Harley.

It is like a sickness.

I tried reading her current series, and it is terrible.

I know and her popularity seems to be growing. I like that people like a character and stick with it. My sickness is comics in general. I like WAY too many. :grin:

Limit of 1 each though

The Wednesday before last Midtown still had a bunch of A and B covers on the shelf. (I didn't look last week.) Previously I had only seen the A cover, so they probably had a pretty decent stock on both covers that they've been using to refill the shelves.

Like 5 minutes after next week's comics were posted on that Wednesday. It was crazy.

I will literally buy every copy you have of both issues for cover price. I don't care if you have a few hundred of them, I will take them all. LMK (thumbs u

I hear you.

But it just seems I am one of the remaining few after that crazy speculative phase.

That's why we like you. You buy books for the best reason of all, you like them. I figure if you're reading something, its worth taking a shot. My brother is the same kind of guy. (thumbs u

If one is speculating, it's probably always a good idea to stick with books that you like, especially if they're not hugely popular. Sometimes it takes a while for something to catch on. I expect that given some more time, there will be increased demand for Valiant books. They're consistently good and they keep adding top-notch talent.

What came out the same day Enormous did...could have been overlooked. I remember on release day I hit 4 stores and only 1 store had 2 copies.

Yea I went in a few stores around me and they had no idea what I was talking about. I imagine they didn't even order it. I know my LCS didn't.

Of course NOBODY'S asking for Enormous yet.

Wait til #2b hits this week...

Wait til #2a hits next week.

Wait til #1 second print hits ..

Wait til the trade hits.

Then wait til the movie goes into legit pre-production.

Ect...

It's a solid modern spec at cover price or 1st to market for 9.8's, there is no "kid through college" money here.

Perople have to know what they're looking for.

We are "in the know"

Edited by LarrysComics

I hear you.

If one is speculating, it's probably always a good idea to stick with books that you like, especially if they're not hugely popular. Sometimes it takes a while for something to catch on. I expect that given some more time, there will be increased demand for Valiant books. They're consistently good and they keep adding top-notch talent.

Honestly, I never speculate.

I don't sell anything, haha.

I hear you.

Honestly, I never speculate.

I don't sell anything, haha.

My brother is the same. I think his house may collapse under the weight of it all between comics, autographs, and football cards. He has all of his original Star Wars, Megos, GI Joes, and Lone Ranger stuff. He sold some stuff that was his least favorite a few years back because he had literally ran out of storage.

I read every single book I buy. I'm guessing I read a little over 100 a month between new stuff and old trades. I sell the majority of what I buy but usually hang on to the stuff like The Authority, Planetary, Sin City, East of West, and Kingdom Come. The stuff I pull out on a regular basis are trades. They are just easier to read several issues in one sitting imo.

Edited by The Authority

Part of me always wonders if Larry is just trying to kick up speculation for a book he has a ton of copies of…

Obviously I promote what I have an interest in.

I'm a retailer.

I consider myself an excellent buyer of modern material.

I'm not going to intentionally make a bad purchase...

Well said Larry, very very well said. I have not picked up one book Larry has recommended and been disappointed with the read. I don't pick them all up, yet the ones I do are very well deserving of the recommendation and are greatly appreciated.