• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I think the lack of it being able to be slabbed holds back the treasury #1 big time.

I didn't realize the print runs on some of those #1 variants were so low. Wow.

Around 100 for the NYCC #1. Man... Census shows 14 total graded, all 14 at 9.8.

Edited by vikingreed

Nice speculation going here.

A point I can add.

When I was told of the approach certain involved parties want to apply to the adaptation of Enormous, I was shocked. It's inspired and smart, one I did not think of and it makes perfect sense because it makes the presentation of the world viable.

I liked the plan as much as the parties involved.

And it's not a web series.

The treasury was a one-shot and by a different publisher so idk. My bets of values are as follows -

#1 NYCC - roughly 105 printed

#1 Phantom variant - 544 printed

#1 Cover a & b - roughly 4 k combined

I have the phantom variants, but I don't think they should be rated over the standard #1. While interesting, they are a result of an exciting book, not the cause of it. Many of us like reprints, but that is how I look at them- they are reprints, not genuine first prints, and should not be the most sought after.

Nice speculation going here.

A point I can add.

When I was told of the approach certain involved parties want to apply to the adaptation of Enormous, I was shocked. It's inspired and smart, one I did not think of and it makes perfect sense because it makes the presentation of the world viable.

I liked the plan as much as the parties involved.

And it's not a web series.

Sounds like a Walking Dead/Enormous crossover to me.....

The treasury was a one-shot and by a different publisher so idk. My bets of values are as follows -

I have the phantom variants, but I don't think they should be rated over the standard #1. While interesting, they are a result of an exciting book, not the cause of it. Many of us like reprints, but that is how I look at them- they are reprints, not genuine first prints, and should not be the most sought after.

The Phantom is NOT a reprint.

It is a first printing.

It is a first printing.

Larry's back! I like what you do for the hobby, I just don't especially like manufactured collectibles. Some do. If it's a book I want all variations of, I get the phantoms too. And both your phantoms and your colorfulness is good for the hobby!

It is a first printing.

Larry's back! I like what you do for the hobby, I just don't especially like manufactured collectibles. Some do. If it's a book I want all variations of, I get the phantoms too. And both your phantoms and your colorfulness is good for the hobby!

All comics are manufactured collectibles.

All. Of.Them.

I think what you're trying to say is that you dislike regional shop variants.

Or something...

I like the Phantom variants and I also consider them 1st print variants since they come out the same day as the regular #1 is offered. I don't think there is a bad pick in the bunch. I personally like the 1A the best and I would love to own that original art. :cloud9:

Love hearing that. But since I have three sets of every book that came out, I think i have it covered.

OK, big ENORMOUS news coming your way...

For starters, due to popular customer demand (and an equally ENORMOUS "oh, duh" moment on our end), we will also be offering OA Variant covers for the "B" covers. Here for your viewing pleasure is the OA Variant cover for issue 7B:

Enormous_7_CVR_CCA_B_FIN_zps7018a1a3.jpg