• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Yes I do :)

Plus Drawn To Comics (every Saturday as I can) and All About Books and Comics (sometimes).

You?

Greg's Comics and Samuari in the east valley are my main stores. Occasionally ABC & Samuari in Phoenix. The only west valley LCS I've been to is Jesse James Comics.

I hear my new book, Burning Fields is going to be tough to get your hands on. I'm hearing, extremely limited supply after pre-orders are filled. So, a heads-up in case you want to check it out and did not pre-order it. In stores 01/21/15 from Boom! Studios.

Purchased :thumbsup:

I just read Burning Fields.

This ones got legs guys.

Go show your appreciation for an accessible / interactive creator like Tim & buy a copy tomorrow.

This guy had no problem hanging out in the CGC clubhouse.

He deserves support on his new project from boardies.

You'll be glad you did.

I agree. Tim is one the few creators who participates with the readers/collectors on the boards. He put out 1 cool story already. I expect he'll knock it out of the park again based on how great the big "E" has been to this point. :applause:

I will check it out at the LCS today. It is tough to have legs when it is an 8 issue mini though.

Burning Fields is a good read...but...it's a mini...couldn't believe the ONE of EIGHT on the front cover...massive buzz kill.....unless publishers have started using that to designate the first arc.

A little advice to the creator....remove the hint (XX of XX designation) of it being a Mini whether it's a mini or not...I'd rather be surprised down the road than slamming on the brakes out of the gate.

probably not as big of a deal for readers as it is for rabid speculators.

Edited by krighton

Thank you all for giving Burning Fields a look. Appreciate it very, very much.

If you enjoy it, please pre-order and while you're at it take a look at CURSE, which should be available in TPB. That was the first title this creative team produced last year. Very proud of it.

To address some of your questions and comments:

- Burning Fields as a mini-series. That's what we agreed to with Boom editorial since that was the feeling for the story we wanted to tell without cheating, padding, extending and bilking readers out of more cash for filler.

- Putting "One of Eight" on the cover. I have no control over that, though I don't disagree with it. We're not fibbing or fudging. We're telling readers, clearly what to expect and commit to. I think that's a good thing.

- Enormous #6. Apparently 02/04. You are as surprised as I am. Files where turned in 12/10...

And I'll be here for as long as you'll have me or until the pitchforks and torches come charging at the windmill. I appreciate your support very much.

Edited by enormouscomic

- Enormous #6. Apparently 02/04. You are as surprises as I am. Files where turned in 12/10...

And I'll be here for as long as you'll have me or until the pitchforks and torches come charging at the windmill. I appreciate your support very much.

lol It won't be that kind of party Tim, but it is hard to generate/keep interest in a book when it only ships once every 2 months. Or at least my interest.

In response to you comment before about "Vote with your wallet JG" from the 16th, I have been moderately/heavily invested (depending on what amount you consider moderate or heavy) in this book since the beginning. I am, however, not patient by nature and what little I have is wearing thin.

I was talking about it with my LCS owner and he told me it is starting to remind him of a book called Scud (?). It is a book that had a lot of promise, but disappeared due to the creator's desire to pursue a career in Hollywood and a movie for the book and failed to keep his focus on his successful book. When hope for the movie finally dissipated , the book was a ghost (or in his words, ended with a bang)

If anyone knows more about the book or creator, feel free to chime in

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

- Enormous #6. Apparently 02/04. You are as surprises as I am. Files where turned in 12/10...

lol It won't be that kind of party Tim, but it is hard to generate/keep interest in a book when it only ships once every 2 months. Or at least my interest.

In response to you comment before about "Vote with your wallet JG" from the 16th, I have been moderately/heavily invested (depending on what amount you consider moderate or heavy) in this book since the beginning. I am, however, not patient by nature and what little I have is wearing thin.

I was talking about it with my LCS owner and he told me it is starting to remind him of a book called Scud (?). It is a book that had a lot of promise, but disappeared due to the creator's desire to pursue a career in Hollywood and a movie for the book and failed to keep his focus on his successful book. When hope for the movie finally dissipated , the book was a ghost (or in his words, ended with a bang)

If anyone knows more about the book or creator, feel free to chime in

Scratching my head at that rant there. The writer of Enormous has had #6 done for quite a while its not like he's behind or slacking by any means. There must be something in the ordering / print date with either 215 ink or Diamond. In case you need some further information some comicheatingup.com variants of #6 are in hand are approved to be shipped out. http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/01/21/enormous-6-comicsheatingup-net-variant-2/

There is a big difference with delays due to not finishing a book on time and other outside factors. 2c

Edited by natevegas

Mr. Gunz -

I'd swear you're baiting me. But I won't bite. Promise.

I will be very clear. Making comics comes second only to my family and their well-being. After that, my day job, M-F 8-5 at the University. I'll leave Hollywood to the people that understand it best. I like Montana.

In the last 2 years I've written, Skinned, Curse, Enormous and Burning Fields and contributed to countless books as a designer and scores of pitches - both my own and others that will likely never see the light of day. A career in comics was/is my lifelong dream and I'm that close. I'd never forsake it.

Enormous is scripted up to issue 10 and the new arc is currently being drawn by Mehdi. As you know we've posted the #7-9 covers, the Vol. 1 trade and The Field Guide.

Here's a page of the new books:

tumblr_nijiclSEoU1tuk6gvo1_1280.jpg

As for your patience, well - I've worked on Enormous for 4 years, fought off some pretty hostile people that tried to kill the book and my career, sweated deadlines and financial considerations and at times worked days without sleep.

Your investment is safe and so is mine in in this book.

See - no biting, just a little barking.

Mr. Gunz -

I'd swear you're baiting me. But I won't bite. Promise.

I will be very clear. Making comics comes second only to my family and their well-being. After that, my day job, M-F 8-5 at the University. I'll leave Hollywood to the people that understand it best. I like Montana.

In the last 2 years I've written, Skinned, Curse, Enormous and Burning Fields and contributed to countless books as a designer and scores of pitches - both my own and others that will likely never see the light of day. A career in comics was/is my lifelong dream and I'm that close. I'd never forsake it.

Enormous is scripted up to issue 10 and the new arc is currently being drawn by Mehdi. As you know we've posted the #7-9 covers, the Vol. 1 trade and The Field Guide.

Here's a page of the new books:

tumblr_nijiclSEoU1tuk6gvo1_1280.jpg

As for your patience, well - I've worked on Enormous for 4 years, fought off some pretty hostile people that tried to kill the book and my career, sweated deadlines and financial considerations and at times worked days without sleep.

Your investment is safe and so is mine in in this book.

See - no biting, just a little barking.

clint-eastwood-nod.gif