• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Mr. Gunz -

I'd swear you're baiting me. But I won't bite. Promise.

I will be very clear. Making comics comes second only to my family and their well-being. After that, my day job, M-F 8-5 at the University. I'll leave Hollywood to the people that understand it best. I like Montana.

In the last 2 years I've written, Skinned, Curse, Enormous and Burning Fields and contributed to countless books as a designer and scores of pitches - both my own and others that will likely never see the light of day. A career in comics was/is my lifelong dream and I'm that close. I'd never forsake it.

Enormous is scripted up to issue 10 and the new arc is currently being drawn by Mehdi. As you know we've posted the #7-9 covers, the Vol. 1 trade and The Field Guide.

Here's a page of the new books:

tumblr_nijiclSEoU1tuk6gvo1_1280.jpg

As for your patience, well - I've worked on Enormous for 4 years, fought off some pretty hostile people that tried to kill the book and my career, sweated deadlines and financial considerations and at times worked days without sleep.

Your investment is safe and so is mine in in this book.

See - no biting, just a little barking.

I appreciate your dream and I am not baiting you. Just being honest. Maybe your dream would be better realized back with a competent company like Image printing it instead of 215 Ink. I just think something is getting lost on yours and Mehdi's work by using them. Immediate and pinnacle exposure, timely printing and distribution, and (at this point) a near guarantee of success considering the product you guys put out.

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

Haha ! That was fun/funny AND quite informative lol

Ask anyone who is a fan of Planetary about patience. Good things truly came to those of us who waited on that one and I feel like this will be more of the same. I just got my covers in the mail yesterday. Internet pictures truly don't do them justice. (worship)

Keep up the GREAT work and I'll be buying whenever they hit the shelves.

I've enjoyed the book and wish the creators nothing but success with their story, but the delays have become too much for me as well.

I used to feel differently about this, not too long ago in fact, and I would wait for a book with an inconsistent schedule if I really enjoyed what it was trying to do. Lately... I just no longer have time to do so. I'm sure this is more my loss than the book's loss though - there are a lot of people here still supporting it, and that is nice to see.

If this gets straightened out and the release schedule begins to show some consistency then I'll definitely check back in - I am not dropping this from my pull list due to the quality of the work, that's for sure.

I've enjoyed the book and wish the creators nothing but success with their story, but the delays have become too much for me as well.

I used to feel differently about this, not too long ago in fact, and I would wait for a book with an inconsistent schedule if I really enjoyed what it was trying to do. Lately... I just no longer have time to do so. I'm sure this is more my loss than the book's loss though - there are a lot of people here still supporting it, and that is nice to see.

If this gets straightened out and the release schedule begins to show some consistency then I'll definitely check back in - I am not dropping this from my pull list due to the quality of the work, that's for sure.

Red Ten comes to mind, was a killer book with delays of 2, 3 and 4 months so I gave up

meh, I'm patient. Just give me good quality stuffs. :sumo:

By the by, I rewatched the pilot on Youtube, and realized the smartalec good guy is now on General Hospital, having taken over the role of a very popular character. So good casting with that pilot.

I will be honest and say that i would love to see a self distribution model for the book. In no way do I blame the delay (mostly) on Tim or the 215Ink guys. What I do see and hear often is Diamond moves around small press books to fit shipments, not make room for them. Trust me, I would love to see it monthly. I would personally take on the self distribution model with 215 sending me the books and me sending them out to customers or stores. (Steve Geppi essentially got his start that way) but like Enormouscomics said, I have other priorities.

He appreciates Tim's dream. Well last time I checked Enormous actually is a comic book and exists in reality. Nice try lampooning Enormous Gunz.

Appreciate:

def-

1. to be grateful or thankful for.

2. to value or regard highly; place a high estimate on

Choose either one

In the future, a dictionary might help. But more importantly, if you have every had a dream and achieved it as I have, you would understand why I appreciate him achieving his.

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

I thought Burning Fields first issue was well done. Nice quality cover, good art and story.

After Trillium and The Wake I have learned not to dismiss the mini, at least for reading purposes.

I agree. There are a ton of minis I have loved reading.

I thought Burning Fields first issue was well done. Nice quality cover, good art and story.

After Trillium and The Wake I have learned not to dismiss the mini, at least for reading purposes.

I've liked a few minis. The Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, Wolverine's first mini, the first Astro City, the... lol

I think minis get a bad rap but I think most ongoing books are just a series of minis made for TPBs and that is okay with me. I prefer a beginning and an end more than the alternative. 2c

I've liked a few minis. The Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, Wolverine's first mini, the first Astro City, the... lol

I think minis get a bad rap but I think most ongoing books are just a series of minis made for TPBs and that is okay with me. I prefer a beginning and an end more than the alternative. 2c

Haha, good point...

He appreciates Tim's dream. Well last time I checked Enormous actually is a comic book and exists in reality. Nice try lampooning Enormous Gunz.

Appreciate:

def-

Choose either one

In the future, a dictionary might help. But more importantly, if you have every had a dream and achieved it as I have, you would understand why I appreciate him achieving his.

I don't need a dictionary to understand you criticisms posted previously. This title doesn't meet your schedule we get it Tim did the one-shot with Image a while back and I'm just going to go out on a limb and theorize they didn't believe in the idea long term or something else happened but the key thing is the team chose 215 ink and are putting out a high quality story with rich characters and art here buddy. Plenty of drek out there that comes out monthly glad this title is heaps better and I look forward to what comes next. hm

Appreciate:

def-

Choose either one

I don't need a dictionary to understand you criticisms posted previously. This title doesn't meet your schedule we get it Tim did the one-shot with Image a while back and I'm just going to go out on a limb and theorize they didn't believe in the idea long term or something else happened but the key thing is the team chose 215 ink and are putting out a high quality story with rich characters and art here buddy. Plenty of drek out there that comes out monthly glad this title is heaps better and I look forward to what comes next. hm

Your points are true. Although I think that Image would reconsider if approached about it...or other publishers for that matter.

As far as schedule goes, what I want is not important. What I want is an Enormous book TWICE a month. But I think everyone would be happy with a book a month. Especially since Tim and Mehdi had the book done in December and 215 is still unable to get it to comic shops. Another company could not do any worse than 215 Ink lately. And it is costing readers like myself lasting interest

Edited by JOEY GUNZ