• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Joey,

Jesus...Give the new guys a break man.

You have to learn to walk before you can run, or something...

I sat through 182 pages of complements only because I like the book. I mean REALLY like the book!

But there is no excuse why a book finished in December is not out there for readers until February, and you know that is true Larry

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

Joey,

There is no excuse why a book finished in December is not out there for readers until February.

*shrug*

I deal with a ton of small publishers.

It's called : Diamond Distribution.

Plain & simple.

It's tough for new guys to get service that the big guys get.

seriously.

Joey,

There is no excuse why a book finished in December is not out there for readers until February.

*shrug*

I deal with a ton of small publishers.

It's called : Diamond Distribution.

Plain & simple.

It's tough for new guys to get service that the big guys get.

seriously.

with 1000 print run on issue 2 and 3, there wasn't more than a couple weeks' delay. My comic shop was allowed to LOWER the amount ordered of issue 6 because of the delay in shipping. Diamond would not avoid shipping it so they could LOSE money by allowing people to lower order amounts because they refuse to distribute, would they??? I am just spitballing here, but I think the answer is no

I don't know why anyone would suggest he's irrational.

never did....

Joey's pretty cool.

But jeeze...

Don't tell Alex that you think I am cool. It'll make his box hurt.

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

He appreciates Tim's dream. Well last time I checked Enormous actually is a comic book and exists in reality. Nice try lampooning Enormous Gunz.

Appreciate:

def-

1. to be grateful or thankful for.

2. to value or regard highly; place a high estimate on

Choose either one

In the future, a dictionary might help. But more importantly, if you have every had a dream and achieved it as I have, you would understand why I appreciate him achieving his.

I don't need a dictionary to understand you criticisms posted previously. This title doesn't meet your schedule we get it Tim did the one-shot with Image a while back and I'm just going to go out on a limb and theorize they didn't believe in the idea long term or something else happened but the key thing is the team chose 215 ink and are putting out a high quality story with rich characters and art here buddy. Plenty of drek out there that comes out monthly glad this title is heaps better and I look forward to what comes next. hm

Your points are true. Although I think that Image would reconsider if approached about it...or other publishers for that matter.

As far as schedule goes, what I want is not important. What I want is an Enormous book TWICE a month. But I think everyone would be happy with a book a month. Especially since Tim and Mehdi had the book done in December and 215 is still unable to get it to comic shops. Another company could not do any worse than 215 Ink lately. And it is costing readers like myself lasting interest

Honestly I hear you but times are a changing especially on indie books. Since you keep bringing up Image comics give me a few big ones that come out consistently monthly without breaks....hmm Saga takes breaks, Deadly Class does, Lazarus, East of West....I could go on and on. I think you are expecting independent creators to just churn out drek monthly while the story and art suffers - is that it? You point is valid on wanting more Enormous monthly but come on man almost all the new artists and writers take breaks today. The only 2 options left are bail or wait. I'm in for the long haul.

And Larry is right Diamond is the only player in town and gives shipping dates to the big boy fish in the industry and make mistakes all the time on shipping small print books out on time. I think it was issue 4 of Enormous when their excuse was they couldn't find the books in the warehouse. I bet they'd find the books real fast if they were ASM or Batman.

Edited by natevegas

He appreciates Tim's dream. Well last time I checked Enormous actually is a comic book and exists in reality. Nice try lampooning Enormous Gunz.

Appreciate:

def-

Choose either one

In the future, a dictionary might help. But more importantly, if you have every had a dream and achieved it as I have, you would understand why I appreciate him achieving his.

I don't need a dictionary to understand you criticisms posted previously. This title doesn't meet your schedule we get it Tim did the one-shot with Image a while back and I'm just going to go out on a limb and theorize they didn't believe in the idea long term or something else happened but the key thing is the team chose 215 ink and are putting out a high quality story with rich characters and art here buddy. Plenty of drek out there that comes out monthly glad this title is heaps better and I look forward to what comes next. hm

Your points are true. Although I think that Image would reconsider if approached about it...or other publishers for that matter.

As far as schedule goes, what I want is not important. What I want is an Enormous book TWICE a month. But I think everyone would be happy with a book a month. Especially since Tim and Mehdi had the book done in December and 215 is still unable to get it to comic shops. Another company could not do any worse than 215 Ink lately. And it is costing readers like myself lasting interest

Honestly I hear you but times are a changing especially on indie books. Since you keep bringing up Image comics give me a few big ones that come out consistently monthly without breaks....hmm Saga takes breaks, Deadly Class does, Lazarus, East of West....I could go on and on. I think you are expecting independent creators to just churn out drek monthly while the story and art suffers - is that it? You point is valid on wanting more Enormous monthly but come on man almost all the new artists and writers take breaks today. The only 2 options left are bail or wait. I'm in for the long haul.

And Larry is right Diamond is the only player in town and gives shipping dates to the big boy fish in the industry and make mistakes all the time on shipping small print books out on time. I think it was issue 4 of Enormous when their excuse was they couldn't find the books in the warehouse. I bet they'd find the books real fast if they were ASM or Batman.

I bet there are so many printed they couldn't help but trip over Batman and ASM. lol

I guess my point about the book said to be sent in December and not being shipped until February 4th not making sense is just going to be ignored.

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

Appreciate:

def-

Choose either one

I bet there are so many printed they couldn't help but trip over Batman and ASM. lol

I guess my point about the book said to be sent in December and not being shipped until February 4th not making sense is just going to be ignored.

It appears to be a distribution problem to me. This site got their's.

http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/01/21/enormous-6-comicsheatingup-net-variant-2/#more-6114

Edited by The Authority

Well I've been told that my copies of #6 over in the UK have shipped to my work place I haven't been in for a few days due to family issues but looks like distribution here is ok for this series, which is up there with EOW for me and I'm happy to wait for if/when they come out

It appears to be a distribution problem to me. This site got their's.

http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/01/21/enormous-6-comicsheatingup-net-variant-2/#more-6114

...and a guy in the UK got his.....so weird

Image was referenced more about exposure than timeliness. It was also mentioned because of the constant comparison to the Walking Dead

If I was going to really hang my hat on timeliness, I could only mention Marvel, DC, Dark Horse for consistency