• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I thought Red was donating to start the claims again. Obviously if no one claims he would not receive a strike because it was a donation. Scturo posted a freebie. Both of you guys rock.

Random Gift

These items will all ship out via Priority Mail to all 50 States for free. It will ship out after the weekend because I have to get some of them out of storage. :)

For the horror buffs.....

TWISTED TALES (1983) # 2-10 Full Run + Twisted 3D Tales # 1 (1986 One-Shot) Pacific Comics and Blackthorne Publishing Most issues are in VF/NM or better condition.

I'd love to have these! :takeit:

Pacific and Blackthorne! :cloud9:

^^:applause:

PM me your shipping info.

Now let's see what else we can all dig up to keep this thread rolling through the weekend. :cool:

Yessssssss!!! Many thanks! (worship)

Stop it. Im just pointing out facts. I understand your situation. But this board has helped you. A lot. You should be kissing instead of kicking it.

I gave multiple times long before I "got" anything. I also never asked for ANY monetary help at all. None of it. Anyone who offered I told them they didn't have to do it. I can't force people to stop doing what they want to do, as evidenced by this damn thread.

Giving. :pullhair:

Stop it. Im just pointing out facts. I understand your situation. But this board has helped you. A lot. You should be kissing instead of kicking it.

I gave multiple times long before I "got" anything. I also never asked for ANY help at all. None of it. Anyone who offered I told them they didn't have to do it. I can't force people to stop doing what they want to do, as evidenced by this damn thread.

Thats where you are wrong chip. You have asked for help. Most sales threads start out "i need this for my family" or "ex-girlfriend messed up my ebay and i need ebay to support my family" or whatever. You may not directly ask for help, but you are very close to it.

I wonder if people here are finding your attitude about all this to be the most troubling. Perceived or not. Maybe it's just coming across in your postings that way. Heaven knows, it happens to me all the time. People can't see your facial expressions or tone of voice and they get the wrong impression. Could that be happening here, Chip? Maybe it's a combination of your offers and your perceived attitude?

My attitude right now is that I'm pretty angry. I don't feel like I've done something horrid at all. I select stuff for the thread, post it up and get a bunch of flack for it. My first offer was taken quickly. My second offer wasn't and I switched it. People said it was a great offer, and now I'm getting flack for it again. Now they're pulling in everything everyone has done for me in the forum (even though I told the people via PM they did NOT have to do anything for me...that was none of anyone's business but I now I need to point it out) and saying that I haven't given back to the forum at all???

I was giving to the forum long before anything was given to me, so that's insulting and it makes my blood pressure skyrocket.

The collection I just posted about has nothing to do with this thread, what I can give to this thread, or anything in here at all. Everyone assumes I got it all for a song and should just give it all away here.

Looking back, this post of your's probably never should of been made...

Ah well...it's a solid offer. I'm not switching it up.

Peace,

Chip

First time trying tinypic so hope this works to rerun the freebie i picked up yesterday i would like to offer up these Tpb books. Capt marvel is missing #1 but 2,3,4 are there #1 had an accident with the tub and my grandkid. Who knew you cant read in the tub.

2wmg8wj.jpg

mi01t0.jpg

jphgqw.jpg2zi4mjl.jpg

Edited by roundguy

Thats where you are wrong chip. You have asked for help. Most sales threads start out "i need this for my family" or "ex-girlfriend messed up my ebay and i need ebay to support my family" or whatever. You may not directly ask for help, but you are very close to it.

I'm never asking for a handout or a donation. I offer books for sale. Just because I state the reason why I'm selling doesn't mean I'm asking for a damn handout.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Random Gift

These items will all ship out via Priority Mail to all 50 States for free. It will ship out after the weekend because I have to get some of them out of storage. :)

For the horror buffs.....

TWISTED TALES (1983) # 2-10 Full Run + Twisted 3D Tales # 1 (1986 One-Shot) Pacific Comics and Blackthorne Publishing Most issues are in VF/NM or better condition.

I'd love to have these! :takeit:

Pacific and Blackthorne! :cloud9:

^^:applause:

PM me your shipping info.

Now let's see what else we can all dig up to keep this thread rolling through the weekend. :cool:

Yessssssss!!! Many thanks! (worship)

Your welcome. This thread seems to be rolling again. We look forward to a great weekend of generosity and not one person just waiting for the clock to run out on them.

First time trying tinypic so hope this works to rerun the freebie i picked up yesterday i would like to offer up these Tpb books. Capt marvel is missing #1 but 2,3,4 are there #1 had an accident with the tub and my grandkid. Who knew you cant read in the tub.

2wmg8wj.jpg

mi01t0.jpg

jphgqw.jpg2zi4mjl.jpg

:applause:

Tinypic! :headbang:

Peace,

Chip

Yup, but you can't unscramble eggs. What's done is done. I'll just have to offer up a bunch of free stuff that isn't worth a dime each like everyone around here states.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Chip, I can tell you are upset, I would suggest to walk it off. Things have escalated quite a bit and you are too busy play defense and not listening to what is being said. I know it can be difficult if you fell you are being attacked but for the sake of this thread, your business, I suggest you walk away read the comments in the morning for what they are and rethink your position

Chip, I can tell you are upset, I would suggest to walk it off. Things have escalated quite a bit and you are too busy play defense and not listening to what is being said. I know it can be difficult if you fell you are being attacked but for the sake of this thread, your business, I suggest you walk away read the comments in the morning for what they are and rethink your position

+1

This bickering is pointless

%22The_Grand_Moff_Tarkin_and_Lord_Vader%22.jpg

I'm not ever asking for a handout or a donation. I offer books for sale. Just because I state the reason why I'm selling doesn't mean I'm asking for a damn handout.

Absolutely it is. If you tried selling those same books with the headline "i just feel like selling them" probably wont sell as many as selling in a thread titled "selling my comics. need help to support my family". You not playing the handout card but you are definitely playing the sympathy card.

Peace,

Chip

Yup, but you can't unscramble eggs. What's done is done. I'll just have to offer up a bunch of free stuff that isn't worth a dime each like everyone around here states.

Peace,

Chip

Keep it. (thumbs u

Good advice. It's 2am here and I need to get some sleep.

Peace,

Chip

I'm going to pipe up even though I usually don't, but I have a few things I'd like to point out.

I've been following this thread from the very beginning, missed the original Supes art my seconds and think for the most part it is a good thing. Of course there are going to be hiccups as it evolves and grows and I think there is a decent chance for it to eventually run smoothly.

The main reason I'm posting is because it's seems to have taken a very bad turn. I understand if people don't like Chip's offer or think its equal to what he received and that is open to discussion. But this has almost become a personal attack against him which is not fair at all.

There are rules in place to "weed out" the bottom feeders etc yet they have not been allowed to run their course a single time before the thread has exploded with commentary. If Chip's offer was not taken in 3 days he'd get a strike and would either up the ante next time or choose to not participate anymore, but within 24 hours there was so much commentary there was no way for the rules to be utilized.

I understand everybody wants a fast moving thread with multiple offers, but it seems very unrealistic to expect that this early in its development.

As a little side bar, the offerings that started this thread were extremely generous and there was realistically no way to keep that level up so I think if this thread does continue we are going to have to see a levelling out of the stuff offered.

2c

Randy