• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Ok so I'm not gonna try to get too into this but I will say this, I don't know Chip any more or less than I know anyone else (save a few exceptions) With that said I have bought from him previously, he never played any type of pity or help me card, he has also went out of his way on here to send me that WW#1 (Thanks buddy (thumbs u

That said, I don't get whats wrong with his offer, when it was first posted I don't recall any issues with it, yet as time passed it seemed to become more of a problem :shrug: Regardless, my point is, in my eyes stating that Chip is doing something maliciously or is intentionally offering something bad is absurd, just my 2c

Also Harvey, I PM'ed you about this but I now feel that I should at least share my idea with the class as it were. To "fix" this thread, (avoiding these type of discussions) I have an idea for a potential solution, work this in reverse. Instead of claiming something and posting an offering, post your offer first, maybe rotate 3 offers at once, if your offer gets picked, you may now claim a prize. In essence you offer first and get rewarded if your offer is taken and you may then choose. That's the basic premise, still things to iron out about strikes, limits, etc, but I believe my theory could avoid stalling as there would be multiple offers and it could certainly avoid the whole "your offer isn't good" discussions because if it isn't that's ok, you don't get to :takeit: and your offer gets yanked.

Harvey, hope I didnt step on your toes, but I didn't like where this was headed with the bickering and still think my idea MAY work. :foryou: Apologies if I'm out of line.

I have no dog in this fight and don't know Chip from Adam. My unbiased perception of him is someone who appears down on their luck and needs to sell comics to feed his family, pay his bills etc.

So there is merit to what some people here are saying because that's the impression I got when looking at his sales threads. 2c

Edited by Logan510

I think the idea of just letting the rules work and no more critical comments would be best. At first I thought that peer pressure would be good since people would be reluctant to use the veto. Now we've seen how it can go horribly wrong. I think it would behoove future participants to be more pro active in changing offers but it's up to them. The Kamandis weren't a terrible offer-I would have snapped it up when I was getting my Kamandi collection together-I ended up paying ave $3 each for them.

I think the idea of just letting the rules work and no more critical comments would be best. At first I thought that peer pressure would be good since people would be reluctant to use the veto. Now we've seen how it can go horribly wrong. I think it would behoove future participants to be more pro active in changing offers but it's up to them.

I admit I'm starting to feel this way as well. If only the previous offerer has veto power, then perhaps they should be the only person allowed to criticize. If there's dead silence from the community about an offer, that may tell the offerer all they need to know.

Edited by erazer

I think the idea of just letting the rules work and no more critical comments would be best. At first I thought that peer pressure would be good since people would be reluctant to use the veto. Now we've seen how it can go horribly wrong. I think it would behoove future participants to be more pro active in changing offers but it's up to them. The Kamandis weren't a terrible offer-I would have snapped it up when I was getting my Kamandi collection together-I ended up paying ave $3 each for them.

dad8603a8113c20084f66e1d7a2db177_zps481533a4.jpg

dad8603a8113c20084f66e1d7a2db177_zps481533a4.jpg

But-she got bread....

Yeah but offering something first before taking something for yourself, come on that's the essence of this thread. Claim then offer is PIF. Giving Tree=give first

No vetoes needed, your offers not taken, you must change it or pull it. Fundamentally we would switch from trying to match the value of what we got compared to what we give. You have nothing to compare your offer to, your offering in hopes your offer beats out the others, if it does, you get rewarded for the offer by allowing to claim one.

God forbid he scores a decent collection and can get out of quarter bins for stock. The day he posts a selfie behind the wheel of a corvette is the day I start harping about Kamandi.

105d5df781d652d90e0f53cb8b53f9eb_zps69041662.jpg

Yeah but offering something firs before taking something for yourself, come on that's the essence of this thread. Claim then offer is PIF. Giving Tree=give first

No vetoes needed, your offers not take, you must change it or pull it. Fundamentally we would switch from trying to match the value of what we got compared to what we give. You have nothing to compare your offer to, your offering in hoes your offer beats out the others, if it does, you get rewarded for the offer by allowing to claim one.

I'm not sure how this would work-you go to claim something then post your offer and only get your claim if someone takes your offer-but then they cant take their claim unless someone takes their offer-somewhere down the lina an offer doesnt get taken and all the previous offers fall like dominoes....

Hector is bringing the funny tonight.

I am going to go to bed but leave you with this.

Pretty soon the powers that be will determine that these pay it forward and giving tree threads are going to go the way of the mystery box threads and be heavily regulated if not shut down.

I liked the holiday Christmas secret santa thing and wanted to participate in that again this year. Let's not get this stuff shut down.

I am going to have another guess the grade contest and give some reading material away again. Let's not get this stuff shut down.

Edited by Buzzetta

Kav your idea won't work, this whole place is based on commenting, regardless of the relevance. I mean were talking about a way to fix this thread, and boom, picture of a corvette, completely off topic (no offense)

None of us have the discipline to NOT comment or have banter, so the idea of eliminating that to fix the problem? That's :insane:

Hector is bringing the funny tonight.

I am going to go to bed but leave you with this.

Pretty soon the powers that be will determine that these pay it forward and giving tree threads are going to go the way of the mystery box threads and be heavily regulated if not shut down.

I liked the holiday Christmas secret santa thing and wanted to participate in that again this year. Let's not get this stuff shut down.

I am going to have another guess the grade contest and give some reading material away again. Let's not get this stuff shut down.

What would possibly be the basis for shutting them down? people are arguing? So shut down all of CG, you're saying?

Kav your idea won't work, this whole place is based on commenting, regardless of the relevance. I mean were talking about a way to fix this thread, and boom, picture of a corvette, completely off topic (no offense)

None of us have the discipline to NOT comment or have banter, so the idea of eliminating that to fix the problem? That's :insane:

Kav said a few nights ago that the banter was a great part of this thread.

They say laughter is the best medicine

oxycontin is the best medicine.

I definitely know if you get bit by a skunk the Dr will not prescribe Seinfeld eps.