• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Bwah hahahahaha!!

Kav do you sit at home 24/7 and wait to post on here?? I'm actually just curious because all I see is your name everywhere!!

Hey I barely posted today

But yeah-all I do is sit at home, watch movies and check the forum...

you need to write more DVD reviews :baiting:

I would look forward to Kav’s movie reviews and… no, his name is not everywhere, not at all. (shrug)

I don't think I have anything that would be comparable to the things that have been given away in this thread so far.

Oh you will if you keep spending time on the boards. You may have to give up a lung on the black market but you will get your sweet sweet comics.

So just use discretion before taking a very generous offering if you don't think you can match what you're taking with what you're giving back. Generosity isn't all about $, but oftentimes the thought or care behind it. :)

And there's always the PIF thread to participate in as well. (thumbs u

I am wondering if someone could be interested in this book (just in case I see an offer which interests me) – it’s the only issue I have with the Guardian and the Newsboy legion and still unsure if I have to keep it as I can’t collect everything…

2et2vGwh.jpg

I don't think I have anything that would be comparable to the things that have been given away in this thread so far.

Yea this giving tree is a bit rich for my blood.

Oh and my son would love the Kraven figure although I think we already have one somewhere. Right now he is carrying around all the storm troopers I had as a kid.

It will work its way back down. Someone who uses guide to price will offer something, then jump in on that.

I am wondering if someone could be interested in this book (just in case I see an offer which interests me) – it’s the only issue I have with the Guardian and the Newsboy legion and still unsure if I have to keep it as I can’t collect everything…

2et2vGwh.jpg

Of course claudio!

It’s a very cool story, still undecided if I have to keep it or not. Technically it’s not strictly Kirby, as Jack and Simon were in service by the time, and the story is drawn in their style by Arturo Cazeneuve from the S&K studio, but it’s "official S&K" and I do love the Newsboy legion and the Guardian… (shrug)

A nice alternative as a follow-up to a cool offer could be this one, which I have as a duplicate… just checking if there might be someone interested as now I haven’t the time to pack stuff and go to the post office, but for some possible future offering…

mNo01khh.jpg

It’s a very cool story, still undecided if I have to keep it or not. Technically it’s not strictly Kirby, as Jack and Simon were in service by the time, and the story is drawn in their style by Arturo Cazeneuve from the S&K studio, but it’s "official S&K" and I do love the Newsboy legion and the Guardian… (shrug)

A nice alternative as a follow-up to a cool offer could be this one, which I have as a duplicate… just checking if there might be someone interested as now I haven’t the time to pack stuff and go to the post office, but for some possible future offering…

mNo01khh.jpg

If everyone post up possible books to contribute this thread is going to get even more confusing. I love the books Claudio but please wait until you grab a book first. Just my 2c

I love ya Claudio but I must agree with 1Cool. Testing the water so to speak can be confusing in these threads. :)

I love ya Claudio but I must agree with 1Cool. Testing the water so to speak can be confusing in these threads. :)

(thumbs u Suddenly everybody starts posting up possible offers and :tonofbricks:

You offer up those books and others and let people decide if they want them.

Strictly speaking, I wasn’t posting "possible offers", more trying to understand what might be of interest when one has to follow up a certain offer.

Simply because if I pick, say, a 9.6 modern slab (not my case, but it’s an example) it might be unlikely that someone is interested in a GA book which is entirely unrelated to his collecting interests.

And honestly I don’t think there is any confusion: the posts are clear, and we are still waiting for the last taker to post his new offer, so I can’t see a problem

If there was an offer already there, I agree there might been have some confusion, but in this case really not… I am not the one which started this, and I think the rules are pretty strict compared to PIF, so I am just trying to figure out what you had in mind when you started it. (shrug)

I just noticed this thread the other day and was intrigued since I've never been in the PIF thread before. So this thread is pretty much a comic exchange where people grab books from another member and then try to equal or surpass the books they just picked up. The rules are obviously in place to prevent past problems from reoccurring. The offerings must ebb and flow or else the price of the "gifts" will become so large only the wealthy board members could participate.

Of course my anxiety kicks up a couple notches when I think about all the other board members considering my "offerings" but that must be half the fun.