• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

You're on speed?

lol

The offer would've been up at 4 in the morning if that was the case....

lol

He clearly said San Diego speed, which must mean it's not high quality. The cheap stuff can make you sluggish. LA crack, that mess'll get ya buzzin!

I just noticed this thread the other day and was intrigued since I've never been in the PIF thread before. So this thread is pretty much a comic exchange where people grab books from another member and then try to equal or surpass the books they just picked up. The rules are obviously in place to prevent past problems from reoccurring. The offerings must ebb and flow or else the price of the "gifts" will become so large only the wealthy board members could participate.

Of course my anxiety kicks up a couple notches when I think about all the other board members considering my "offerings" but that must be half the fun.

I know, exciting. we will pass the point of no return when people stop offering trades and hardcovers.

OPTION 1

Choose 6 trades and one Mystery Box (sorry for upside down pics)

x0y1ix.jpg

fxf1b4.jpg

A

giphy.gif

X-men Mystery Box

B

9201b5e35f0c4cee8556203e2c86c381.gif

Wolverine Mystery Box

C

tumblr_mf3rcntVgO1rjffywo1_500.gif

Deadpool Mystery Box

OPTION 2

Uncanny X-men 232 CGC SS 9.8 signed by Claremont and Silvestri

23j4cb4.jpg

OPTION 3

SDCC 2014 Exclusive Grab

For this option you will get to choose an item out of my exclusives from SDCC. Last year I had stuff from Hasbro, Lego, Marvel, Funko... I can try to accommodate a specific request, but no guarantees. This item will obviously ship after comic con.

Because of the weight and size of most of these options, US shipping only on these, except for option 2. I will pay first $20 on that for International.

change the rules. No mystery boxes.

:news::news::news:

I have honestly been thinking about this which is somewhat hypocritical since my first offer included a mystery box offering and that was the first thing taken. And I'm not even worried about Andre's themed mystery boxes because I know he is VERY generous and I like the fact that they are themed and I am not worried about my own mystery box. :/ But what worries me is, once again, mystery boxes leave room for participants to somewhat "hide" their offerings and in the interest of preventing butthurt - I'll add a rule eliminating mystery boxes AFTER the current offer. (thumbs u

change the rules. No mystery boxes.

:news::news::news:

I have honestly been thinking about this which is somewhat hypocritical since my first offer included a mystery box offering and that was the first thing taken. And I'm not even worried about Andre's themed mystery boxes because I know he is VERY generous and I like the fact that they are themed. But what worries me is, once again, mystery boxes leave room for participants to somewhat "hide" their offerings and in the interest of preventing butthurt - I'll add a rule eliminating mystery boxes AFTER the current offer. (thumbs u

+ 1

Although I'm sure many of us would prefer the mystery box to go away immediately. You were the first offerer so it's ok. I took it for the sole reason you were first and not getting anything in return. I figured you could then wait to see my offer and then you would know what you wanted to send me based on my offer.

But the mystery box thing is a scam waiting to happen. Mystery boxes or bonuses should not be judged along with anyone's offer. The offers should stand alone and if someone wants to send something "extra", that's great. But it shouldn't carry any weight with whatever else someone is offereing. 2c

Or why not disclose what's in the mystery box if selected? If the contents inside are disclosed once it has been selected, the members can veto it if it's not worthy of submission?

This thread was moving along nicely. The mystery boxes are just gonna stall it. Why does the mystery or "bonuses" have to be considered at all? Let the real offers stand alone. If you want to send something extra, then great.

OPTION 1

Choose 6 trades and one Mystery Box (sorry for upside down pics)

x0y1ix.jpg

fxf1b4.jpg

A

giphy.gif

X-men Mystery Box

B

9201b5e35f0c4cee8556203e2c86c381.gif

Wolverine Mystery Box

C

tumblr_mf3rcntVgO1rjffywo1_500.gif

Deadpool Mystery Box

OPTION 2

Uncanny X-men 232 CGC SS 9.8 signed by Claremont and Silvestri

23j4cb4.jpg

OPTION 3

SDCC 2014 Exclusive Grab

For this option you will get to choose an item out of my exclusives from SDCC. Last year I had stuff from Hasbro, Lego, Marvel, Funko... I can try to accommodate a specific request, but no guarantees. This item will obviously ship after comic con.

Because of the weight and size of most of these options, US shipping only on these, except for option 2. I will pay first $20 on that for International.

:bump:

If I'm reading the rules correct, you can only have one :takeit: in a 30 day period. If so that makes it tougher to take something. Will there be enough interest in this to make people wait 30 days? I have some nice stuff I can offer and would like the ss book being offered, but I would hate to miss a better ss book in a couple of weeks.