• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

I have been worried about the month thing from the start. That is a long time and would require hundreds of active participants to keep things moving. Otherwise, some poor guy is not gonna get his stuff claimed because no one else is eligible. Add on top of that, that you can only claim from the same person once a year, by month 6, most are not going to be able to remember who can claim what and from whom.

I can understand not wanting people claiming something all the time as well, but if they are putting up junk they will get a strike and they will be gone soon enough. Maybe 10 days or 14 would be better?

Why not let people claim as often as they like? If they're throwing up good stuff in return what's the problem?

No, as often as they like may lead to a very bad road of one person scooping up the prime stuff even if they still offer up good stuff. There has to be some limits, just not ones that cripple the process.

Once a month is perfectly fair. I was originally thinking once a quarter. Come on now! Are people really claiming - I want to claim free stuff more often! :sumo::eyeroll: That's a other thing that went wrong with PIF. The same few always waiting with an :takeit: when something good was posted leaving everyone else with a slower trigger finger feeling a little :frustrated: Taking something once a month is already a lot.

And if you see something you really like - take it. If something "better" came along, sorry. This isn't a poaching thread. It's supposed to be a place where people can give back without feeling taken advantage of. Jeesh. I don't know how else to say that. Am I really being too optimistic?! (shrug)

Once a month is PERFECTLY fair. I was originally thinking once a quarter. Come on now! Are people really claiming - I want to claim free stuff more often! :sumo::eyeroll: That's a other thing that went wrong with PIF. The same few always waiting with an :takeit: when something good was posted leaving everyone else with a slower trigger finger feeling a little :frustrated: Taking something once a month is already a lot.

And if you see something you really like - take it. If something "better" came along, sorry. This isn't a poaching thread. It's supposed to be a place where people can give back without feeling taken advantage of. Jeesh. I don't know how else to say that. Am I really being too optimistic?! (shrug)

+ 1

The bottomfeeders are lying in wait. :facepalm:

I am ok with once a month and agree with your point. Your theory is right on the money as far as idealism works but the numbers just do not add up though. How could a thread survive if you could only claim once a quarter, yet must have an offer taken in 3 days. Do the math on that. Factor how many members it would take if there was one claim per day in the thread. Now how about 10 claims per day which is exciting. That is a staggering amount of participants we would need. Claiming as much as you want is crazy but once a quarter??

I think this is a rule that needs to be revisited if the thread continues to get stalled for days. I participated in the PIF well over a month ago and it was almost a month before something came up I was interested again.

I may be that a week is long enough to keep the thread moving time will tell how this is going to work. Leave the rule for now and see where it goes. JMHO

It's not once a quarter, though. It's every 30 day which is just fine for now.

Besides, it looks like the offers may be sitting there longer before being taken.

I don't understand this need to take stuff so often. I have zero interest in taking another offer so soon. 30 days is just fine for now. Let's get back to the current offer, please. :)

He said he was originally thinking once a quarter. It's once a month now.
I am ok with once a month and agree with your point. Your theory is right on the money as far as idealism works but the numbers just do not add up though. How could a thread survive if you could only claim once a quarter, yet must have an offer taken in 3 days. Do the math on that. Factor how many members it would take if there was one claim per day in the thread. Now how about 10 claims per day which is exciting. That is a staggering amount of participants we would need. Claiming as much as you want is crazy but once a quarter??

He says he's ok with once a month

How about a time limit to post your offering once you grab something so it doesn't get stalled like now. I have mine ready to go for when I grab something I like and it will be up about 60 sec after my i'll take it....

He said he was originally thinking once a quarter. It's once a month now.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out. meh I know that, I am simply asking if the membership can sustain either limit. I am just asking the question, not stating a fact. How many members would it take to sustain the current limits before people get stuck?

How about a time limit to post your offering once you grab something so it doesn't get stalled like now. I have mine ready to go for when I grab something I like and it will be up about 60 sec after my i'll take it....

Rule 3 - You have 24 hours. It is already there. I still think you should read that first post. lol

If I'm reading the rules correct, you can only have one :takeit: in a 30 day period. If so that makes it tougher to take something. Will there be enough interest in this to make people wait 30 days? I have some nice stuff I can offer and would like the ss book being offered, but I would hate to miss a better ss book in a couple of weeks.

At this rate, there appears to be more fish in the pond, so I say go for it!!!

Rule 3 - You have 24 hours. It is already there. I still think you should read that first post. lol

lol

I hope the clock starts ticking on your 3 day limit as soon as you take something, though.

Or do I need to go back and read the 1st post also? lol

lol

I hope the clock starts ticking on your 3 day limit as soon as you take something, though.

Or do I need to go back and read the 1st post also? lol

Mine will get snapped up almost immediately I GUARANTEE IT