• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

I'm intrigued by the San Diego Comic Con offer but I'm completely unclear on the retail value of the items. Are we talking about a $50 item or $200?

How about a time limit to post your offering once you grab something so it doesn't get stalled like now. I have mine ready to go for when I grab something I like and it will be up about 60 sec after my i'll take it....

Rule 3 - You have 24 hours. It is already there. I still think you should read that first post. lol

lol

I hope the clock starts ticking on your 3 day limit as soon as you take something, though.

Or do I need to go back and read the 1st post also? lol

Mine will get snapped up almost immediately I GUARANTEE IT

I assume you have taken something within the 1 month time frame so wait 3 weeks or so and post it up. A month goes by so quickly.

Edited by 1Cool

If I'm reading the rules correct, you can only have one :takeit: in a 30 day period. If so that makes it tougher to take something. Will there be enough interest in this to make people wait 30 days? I have some nice stuff I can offer and would like the ss book being offered, but I would hate to miss a better ss book in a couple of weeks.

You have to factor in the number of SS books being offered is probably going to come up a couple times in a month and while you wait the quick fingers grabbers may eclipse their month and grab the SS you wanted. As long as you see something that interested you I'd grab it and you will be back in the game in a month. I think the new rule to outlaw mystery boxes will keep things moving a lot quicker since people don't like a mystery when they are putting up a comparable book.

I'm saddened that the current offerer jumped on an awesome offer as soon as it was posted. Yet waited 12 hours to post his offer. Then after it sitting there for several hours, with no takers, still hasn't bothered to change it up, in the hopes of moving this thread along. Please put as much effort into posting your offers as you do in continously refreshing this thread looking for a big score.

I'm intrigued by the San Diego Comic Con offer but I'm completely unclear on the retail value of the items. Are we talking about a $50 item or $200?

doh!

I ask because I don't have $200 worth of books handy that I can throw up right now but I can easily come up with $50 worth of stuff that is not on E-bay or spoken for. Jeesh.

I'm gonna offer my item as a mystery box but then i'm gonna tell what's in the box.

How about a time limit to post your offering once you grab something so it doesn't get stalled like now. I have mine ready to go for when I grab something I like and it will be up about 60 sec after my i'll take it....

Rule 3 - You have 24 hours. It is already there. I still think you should read that first post. lol

lol

I hope the clock starts ticking on your 3 day limit as soon as you take something, though.

I assume you have taken something within the 1 month time frame so wait 3 weeks or so and post it up. A month goes by so quickly.

Was that for me, Cricket, or Kav?

If I'm reading the rules correct, you can only have one :takeit: in a 30 day period. If so that makes it tougher to take something. Will there be enough interest in this to make people wait 30 days? I have some nice stuff I can offer and would like the ss book being offered, but I would hate to miss a better ss book in a couple of weeks.

You have to factor in the number of SS books being offered is probably going to come up a couple times in a month and while you wait the quick fingers grabbers may eclipse their month and grab the SS you wanted. As long as you see something that interested you I'd grab it and you will be back in the game in a month. I think the new rule to outlaw mystery boxes will keep things moving a lot quicker since people don't like a mystery when they are putting up a comparable book.

So, for some people it's all about how much you can take and not at all what you can give. I see. :facepalm:

lol

Kav

I'm saddened that the current offerer jumped on an awesome offer as soon as it was posted. Yet waited 12 hours to post his offer. Then after it sitting there for several hours, with no takers, still hasn't bothered to change it up, in the hopes of moving this thread along. Please put as much effort into posting your offers as you do in continously refreshing this thread looking for a big score.

I think the 3 day rule is too long...lame offers can bog down the poor tree...

I'm waiting for an offer to come up in an area I particularly collect AND I feel that I can reciprocate. As much as snatching up anything good as often as I can sounds, like Harvey said, that would go against the thread's intentions and I have also seen that with the PIF thread as well.

Now I've been reading the suggestions about veto's and such and I thought of an idea from the other angle, but this too has it's faults. Since the current offer was not posted until this morning because of timing concerns, that in and of itself caters to EST, whether intentional or not is irrelevant. So how about a prize can have 2 winners? That part would eliminate the time "bias" (if there is one). Both "winners" post their offers and whichever one is deemed "better" gets it? I do realize the abundance of brand new issues this can create but I just wanted to throw out an idea that's from an area we haven't discussed. This thread is already on the line of valuating the prizes as evidenced with members fearing to claim because their offer wouldn't be deemed worthy, might as well attempt at some non-monetary valuation?

Harvey this is truly a great thread, great concept and the hard work is sincerely appreciated. I'm sorry If this is taking the fun out of it as that's not my intention, just trying to contribute to the current suggestions.

lol

Kav

Wait-what? I haven't taken anything......

Regarding the 1 month per claim rule.

I'd suggest that if someone claims something they can't claim again within one month, UNLESS an offer sits unclaimed for 24 hours.

These types of threads will only survive, in my opinion, because of the regulars that participate. Locking out the regulars is going to result in offers being posted and sitting for 3 days, offers that might be decent, and result in a strike that isn't warranted.

If someone posts something and it goes unclaimed for 24 hours, put it on the open market for anyone to claim it.

So, for some people it's all about how much you can take and not at all what you can give. I see. :facepalm:

I thought the intent was to post up equal or more than you take? People still want a really cool book so they can post up a even cooler book.

lol

Kav

Wait-what? I haven't taken anything......

Great. Then you have the option of taking one of the three things available and you item will get the train a Rollin.

Edited by 1Cool

I thought the intent was to post up equal or more than you take? People still want a really cool book so they can post up a even cooler book.

I thought this was "The Giving Tree".

I'm saddened to learn it's actually "The Taking Tree".

Well it's not really taking free stuff because your offering up stuff at a similar price. It's more like trading off what you can let go when you grab something you want. I'm not trying to act like a bottom feeder as one would say. Just saying if your offering quality stuff what difference does it make.