• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Thanks man.

I have some thoughts on the offering, I just need to get scans first.

No pressure, but the last guy got called out dollar for dollar then vetoed then striked.

It's like someone quitting their job when they're about to be fired. Not really voluntarily withdrawing an offer, but an attempt to avoid something. In this case rescinding an offer was for no other reason than to attempt to avoid a strike.

Which is all good, and which is what is often needed to understand and rethink one’s own position.

I have not had the opportunity to see Meeklo’s offers, but I did not like this.

Anyway, I do not agree at all: Meeklo after some thought rescinded the "takeit", so Andrew’s veto should not apply.

And if 1Cool had PM'ed Meeklo telling him - "sorry Meeklo, I thought about it and I think I'm going to have to use a veto" and Meeklo beat him to the punch with his rescission of his offer...

do you still agree? hm

Anyway, I do not agree at all: Meeklo after some thought rescinded the "takeit", so Andrew’s veto should not apply.

And if 1Cool had PM'ed Meeklo telling him - "sorry Meeklo, I thought about it and I think I'm going to have to use a veto" and Meeklo beat him to the punch with his rescission of his offer...

do you still agree? hm

I'm with vallant, maybe for slightly different reasons. I think your outburst and trashing of Meeklo's offer could have influenced 1Cool much more than he may have been otherwise.

If someone wants to use their veto let them make their own decision.

do you still agree? hm

Except 1Cool said he was giving me a chance to improve, which I did and then realized on my own that they still were not up to snuff.

It was more of a case of bad timing. Had 1Cool not posted that veto post a minute after I posted my rescinding post, then I would have gotten off without a strike.

But if Harvey says this is the way it should be, then so be it...

I told Meeko his offer would have to match up a lot better if he wanted to avoid the veto. He told me that he was unable to do that due to financial reasons. I spent 5/10 minutes writing out my veto message and in the mean time he took back his offer. I think it was evident that my veto was on its way.

Yes, Tech is right, the reasons may be slightly different, but my position does not change.

I’ll be very clear: what I don’t like is derision. And assumption of lack of generosity.

If Meeklo did not realize his offer was not good (I have not seen it) then all it would have been needed would have been either:

1) an unbiased comment (or more) saying it was not adequate;

2) a veto on Andrew’s part (maybe after some PM discussion, as it has been done, and I think Andrew has been more than fair).

I told Meeko his offer would have to match up a lot better if he wanted to avoid the veto. He told me that he was unable to do that due to financial reasons. I spent 5/10 minutes writing out my veto message and in the mean time he took back his offer. I think it was evident that my veto was on its way.

And while he was doing that, I was researching on ebay like I said in my post. Sure I would have liked to rescind instead of getting a strike, who wouldn't? I would have liked the ability to understand my own mistake, which was what I was trying to do. Tamwood did that. He realized his offers were not up to snuff and rescinded his offer. He more than likely was going to get a strike also, that why the offer was rescinded. The only difference is that my veto came one minute after I rescinded.

Thanks man.

I have some thoughts on the offering, I just need to get scans first.

No pressure, but the last guy got called out dollar for dollar then vetoed then striked.

What's the deal here?

I've read this lament several times and I have to say it is utter BS. I don't believe any of these people have nothing decent to offer up in return. In fact, several of them, had several things but they were only willing to part with one or some. I would have traded all of those options for an AMS #50. The thinking should be, "I really want that AMS #50 so I'm going to part with some other things that I really like." Not "I want that AMS #50 what do I have lying around that I won't miss." It's not rich versus poor, it's people who are willing to give something that hurts versus people who just want to better their own position. If you don't have a decent offer, don't take the item no one is forcing you. If you get something good, give in such a way that someone else would be really excited to get what you offered.

I really can’t cease to be amazed at the arrogance of such statements, pretending to read a number of countless things in other people’s actions.

What do you know about him? Nothing, I guess, so this is deeply disturbing.

Sorry.

I didn't say that - I sent him a polite e-mail and I'm definitely not against wielding my veto rights.

(thumbs u

Just seeing that "offer" made me a little :sick: and reminded me of WHY I created this thread to begin with. To prevent someone from taking an Amazing Spider-Man #50 and offering up something that you could buy off Amazon for less than $20.

Please keep in mind not everyone can afford to turn around and post ASM #300s. Some of us really are broke. It's not a matter of trying to cheapskate this system, but if funds are limited, what else are you supposed to do?

Is this thread really about "well off" people giving to other "well off" people all day?

I've read this lament several times and I have to say it is utter BS. I don't believe any of these people have nothing decent to offer up in return. In fact, several of them, had several things but they were only willing to part with one or some. I would have traded all of those options for an AMS #50. The thinking should be, "I really want that AMS #50 so I'm going to part with some other things that I really like." Not "I want that AMS #50 what do I have lying around that I won't miss." It's not rich versus poor, it's people who are willing to give something that hurts versus people who just want to better their own position. If you don't have a decent offer, don't take the item no one is forcing you. If you get something good, give in such a way that someone else would be really excited to get what you offered.

Trust me $40 to $50 worth of stuff right now hurts…sure it may not be much to everyone else but it is a nice chuck out of what I've got coming in right now.

I really can’t cease to be amazed at the arrogance of such statements, pretending to read a number of countless things in other people’s actions.

What do you know about him? Nothing, I guess, so this is deeply disturbing.

Sorry.

Post rescinded, I was venting. Sorry to disturb you :sorry: