• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

There is already a discussion thread about PIF and The Trading Post thread – maybe it could work for all three.

Is the trading thread a go already? I don't see it (shrug)

At this point I am a little concerned about starting it. I feel that a few people will intentionally threadcrap it.

As far as the second take it and rescission goes, I feel like it was done purposely to test Swick and the rules. The timing and manner in which it was done felt unnatural and staged.

There is already a discussion thread about PIF and The Trading Post thread – maybe it could work for all three.

At this point I am a little concerned about starting it. I feel that a few people will intentionally threadcrap it.

As far as the second take it and rescission goes, I feel like it was done purposely to test Swick and the rules. The timing and manner in which it was done felt unnatural and staged.

I hope you don’t consider "threadcrap" the discussion which happened. I am still wondering why Meeklo got the strike, considered he rescinded in time. (shrug)

You can please some of the boardies some of the time...

I hope you don’t consider "threadcrap" the discussion which happened. I am still wondering why Meeklo got the strike, considered he rescinded in time. (shrug)

I believe I *really* got the strike for my failure to do leg work.

I claimed that ASM #50 thinking, in its condition, to be around $40-$50 in value. So my offers were reflective of that. I should have done the fact checking to see the real value before throwing up the "take it".

I am not discussing whether it was appropriate or not, and not defending you acritically, I am just wondering why, since you ended up giving up the offer, it has to be applied.

Andrew says he thinks is not enough and invites you to combine offers, and that is OK. You were dubious about it, but in the end you realized it was not enough good and rescinded the pick up-

Even if Andrew put the veto slightly after your rescission, the rescission still holds value.

Isn’t it what discussion should serve to? To understand better one’s own attitude as well, to improve, to try to be more balanced with the offers.

What I found totally out of place is the judgmental way and the sarcasm, not the rules themselves.

If one is advised to improve the offer, and does not, there’s the veto, but I think it would be really a remote option if everyone tries his best to offer a good follow-up.

Meeklo abided by the rules: I can’t see why he should get the veto.

And even not to post free offers: this is really nonsense.

Claudio - I need you to just take a step back and think about this for a second. That's nice of Meeklo to offer up something for free. (thumbs u But he was vetoed and got a strike so there comes with it a penalty. That penalty is a one month suspension. That includes RAK's whether that is giving or taking. I'm going to enforce the rule if someone tries to TAKE an offering as well so I'm just being fair both ways. I don't know why this is a difficult concept to understand. A one month suspension means just that. (shrug) There is nothing preventing Meeklo from coming back in a month and offering up the same stuff free again.

Again, what motivates that rule?

What I don’t understand is this idea of generosity. This is simply a thread about exchanging material. Generosity does not need rules, and does not need to be visible.

It is not about generosity, why can't people get that? Don't use the thread title as the crutch to express the notion. It's about members who didn't want to keep being taken advantage of in the PIF thread.

This thread does not have a mandatory participation clause. If you don't have anything of equal or higher value to follow up with, don't take an offer.

Lastly, Meeklo claimed he had nothing but his RAK had 5 different cool options that I would have gladly taken. If he posted that as his offer he would have been golden.

Wonder makes for a fine muse in stories and art. Not really for enforcement and interpretation of rules though.

Wonder makes for a fine muse in stories and art. Not really for enforcement and interpretation of rules though.

+ 1 Well said, Hokie. :applause:

Meeklo abided by the rules: I can’t see why he should get the veto.

And even not to post free offers: this is really nonsense.

Claudio - I need you to just take a step back and think about this for a second. That's nice of Meeklo to offer up something for free. (thumbs u But he was vetoed and got a strike so there comes with it a penalty. That penalty is a one month suspension. That includes RAK's whether that is giving or taking. I'm going to enforce the rule if someone tries to TAKE an offering as well so I'm just being fair both ways. I don't know why this is a difficult concept to understand. A one month suspension means just that. (shrug) There is nothing preventing Meeklo from coming back in a month and offering up the same stuff free again.

Again, what motivates that rule?

What I don’t understand is this idea of generosity. This is simply a thread about exchanging material. Generosity does not need rules, and does not need to be visible.

It is not about generosity, why can't people get that? Don't use the thread title as the crutch to express the notion. It's about members who didn't want to keep being taken advantage of in the PIF thread.

This thread does not have a mandatory participation clause. If you don't have anything of equal or higher value to follow up with, don't take an offer.

Lastly, Meeklo claimed he had nothing but his RAK had 5 different cool options that I would have gladly taken. If he posted that as his offer he would have been golden.

Where were you this morning?

That RAK was my offer. :ohnoez:

I guess what's unspoken here is that the strike rules were intentionally put in place to protect this thread from a handful of individuals that ruin the PIF thread.

When one of those individuals steps over to this thread and attempts to play his games, rules may be interpreted and applied more zealously than they would be for different individuals.

Well.......with all this BS and bickering in here, all we are doing is scaring away people......just look at the activity in the last little bit, if you notice it's always the same guys participating. If we want this thread to work we need to get along, most of this stuff you guys are talikng about should be taken to PM's. Come on guys , lets try and make this work.

Q has spoken. :sumo:

:hi:

Hola Brotha!