• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Sorry if I confused everyone-I posted the DH for the masses but knew Swick wanted one.

So you thought you were the Current Offer?? If so, no worries. We'll call it a mistake.

:news:Wall-Crawler is STILL the current offer. :news:

I say we give wallcrawler a strike just for the hell of it. Who's with me?!!! Who's with me?!!!!

I think CG is saying he picked up Wall-Crawler's offer? So the DH is now up for grabs... Right?

Jason PM'ed me and thought 1Cool tacked onto Wall-Crawler's offer so he was claiming the litho.

Again - people, please don't decide to make rules. There was no and IS no tacking on. Wall-Crawler's offer is still unclaimed. 1Cool simply gave up a nice litho! :applause:

So the Darkhorse 1 is now the current offer.

Maybe post a pic and description.

:facepalm:

You are truly a clown. I don't mean it in a figurative manner, I genuinely believe you sit there in full red nose regalia and post every 60 seconds.

:shrug:

Clarification!!!!

I took the litho as an add on to Wall Crawler's offer.

Posted DH 1 9.8 as a gift. I knew Swick wanted one, I'm about 7 pages behind as I post this so I don't know if you've sorted it out yet.

If Swick claimed my gift-it's his turn to post.

You are truly a clown. I don't mean it in a figurative manner, I genuinely believe you sit there I full red nose regalia and post every 60 seconds.

You are truly a clown. I don't mean it in a figurative manner, I genuinely believe you sit there I full red nose regalia and post every 60 seconds.

This was a funny picture. lol

Clarification!!!!

Posted DH 1 9.8 as a gift. I knew Swick wanted one, I'm about 7 pages behind as I post this so I don't know if you've sorted it out yet.

If Swick claimed my gift-it's his turn to post.

I know some people REALLY want the thread to keep moving on. But we're NOT tacking on offers. 1Cool decided to do that. I'm sorry - the rules are clearly there, written in the first post for a reason. (shrug)

Clarification!!!!

if Swick claimed my gift-it's his turn to post.

See there is still a bit of confusion. If it is a gift then Swick does not have to post.

This was as funny picture. lol

purpose.jpg

I think CG is saying he picked up Wall-Crawler's offer? So the DH is now up for grabs... Right?

Jason PM'ed me and thought 1Cool tacked onto Wall-Crawler's offer so he was claiming the litho.

Again - people, please don't decide to make rules. There was no and IS no tacking on. Wall-Crawler's offer is still unclaimed. 1Cool simply gave up a nice litho! :applause:

Why are you over complicating things? If Jason claimed the litho as part of wall crawlers offer and after finding out his 30 day card was played still wants to go forward why stop that?

He is taking the litho as a separate transaction and also claiming wall crawlers offer as a separate transaction. His Darkhorse 1 is now what he's offering.

This was as funny picture. lol

purpose.jpg

Does this Giving Tree have the "phone a friend" option? If so, could someone call wallcrawler and ask him to stop by the forum.

2dkl8na.jpg

...........................Once there was a tree...and she loved a little boy...........................

.......................................And every day the boy would come.......................................

.........................................And he would gather her leaves...........................................

.......................And make them into crowns and play king of the forest......................

............................................He would climb up her trunk...............................................

...........................................And swing from her branches............................................

........................And when he was tired, he would sleep in her shade.........................

.....................................And the boy loved the tree very much......................................

................................................And the tree was happy..................................................

THE GIVING TREE RULES:

• No HOS/PL Members
  • You must have at least 50 posts and 3 months on the Boards
  • If you claim something, you must post your offering within 24 hours
  • Only one offer at a time. No new offer can be posted until the existing offer has been claimed
  • Post pics or scans of the book(s) you're giving away
  • No Mystery Boxes. All items listed must be specified in the offer
  • Only one :takeit: per month, per member.
  • 3 Strike Rule: If you are receive 3 strikes in a year, you can no longer participate in the thread. weblog-smiley-101.gif
  • 3 Day Window to have an offer claimed. If your offer is not claimed in 3 days, you get a strike.
  • If an offer is not claimed, anyone is free to post an offer.
  • If your items are not claimed, you are not allowed to offer them again.
  • You can only claim something from each member once in a given year.
  • The offeror has "veto power" to reject a take it of their offer.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Just remember - if all you do is take and give nothing back, there will be nothing left of the tree.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Is item 4 intended to stop people from adding items to an existing offer? I did not read that statement and think it applied to adding to an existing offer. Sorry for the confusion my add on offer caused.

Why are you over complicating things? If Jason claimed the litho as part of wall crawlers offer and after finding out his 30 day card was played still wants to go forward why stop that?

He is taking the litho as a separate transaction and also claiming wall crawlers offer as a separate transaction. His Darkhorse 1 is now what he's offering.

I appreciate the input and opinion. :foryou: But Jason claimed a lithograph. That's it. NOT part of Wall-Crawler's offer.

Here is why I have to be strict with this rule. Play it out:

Donkey takes something. Offers up something pretty drek, but questionable, but the offeror doesn't want to use the veto for whatever reason. Someone comes along and wants to move the thread along so tacks on and the tack on gets someone to claim it. Now the donkey is saved from getting a strike. That absolutely undermines the strike system. Donkeys figured out pretty quickly in PIF that they could take from each other to make sure their buddy got what he took and then when the saving donkey offered up drek, neither of them really lose.

I need people to use up their "bail outs" to take that away from them and I need those that would manipulate the system to get strikes. Otherwise, it quickly becomes PIF again. THAT is why I'm being a stickler here. (thumbs u

On a side note any way we can keep this thread positive and not post insulting comments to other members? Really there's no need for that, here at least.