• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

I stand corrected-swick's rules

Wall-Crawler is still up it would seem

(thumbs u

And I'm sorry if I'm being a tyrant with rules. I just really am trying to keep this thread as honest as possible and not have people manipulate it at all. :angel:

I'm always open to suggestions. I didn't come up with the veto rules. I believe Mike's Rack did in this thread and it was an amazing idea (worship) . So I'm always open to suggestions or ideas, just please don't act on them before we discuss. :foryou:

I think CG is saying he picked up Wall-Crawler's offer? So the DH is now up for grabs... Right?

Jason PM'ed me and thought 1Cool tacked onto Wall-Crawler's offer so he was claiming the litho.

Again - people, please don't decide to make rules. There was no and IS no tacking on. Wall-Crawler's offer is still unclaimed. 1Cool simply gave up a nice litho! :applause:

Why are you over complicating things? If Jason claimed the litho as part of wall crawlers offer and after finding out his 30 day card was played still wants to go forward why stop that?

He is taking the litho as a separate transaction and also claiming wall crawlers offer as a separate transaction. His Darkhorse 1 is now what he's offering.

I appreciate the input and opinion. :foryou: But Jason claimed a lithograph. That's it. NOT part of Wall-Crawler's offer.

Here is why I have to be strict with this rule. Play it out:

Donkey takes something. Offers up something pretty drek, but questionable, but the offeror doesn't want to use the veto for whatever reason. Someone comes along and wants to move the thread along so tacks on and the tack on gets someone to claim it. Now the donkey is saved from getting a strike. That absolutely undermines the strike system. Donkeys figured out pretty quickly in PIF that they could take from each other to make sure their buddy got what he took and then when the saving donkey offered up drek, neither of them really lose.

I need people to use up their "bail outs" to take that away from them and I need those that would manipulate the system to get strikes. Otherwise, it quickly becomes PIF again. THAT is why I'm being a stickler here. (thumbs u

So do people giving free shizzle still get an extra grab per month as per your previous idea?

And it's still Wall-Crawler still yes?

I find that unbelievable, as its a great offer - and I can't send Tyler the slab until its claimed.

So someone claim it!

On a side note any way we can keep this thread positive and not post insulting comments to other members? Really there's no need for that, here at least.
+1

NuclearExpAnimated_zpsfc34bd2f.gif

It was nice while it lasted.

PERNTS!!!!

(tsk) This is and will be a good thread. Tonight was frustrating based on confusion. It will have it's bumps in the road, but let's work on this as a community. :)

I stand corrected-swick's rules

Wall-Crawler is still up it would seem

(thumbs u

And I'm sorry if I'm being a tyrant with rules. I just really am trying to keep this thread as honest as possible and not have people manipulate it at all. :angel:

I'm always open to suggestions. I didn't come up with the veto rules. I believe Mike's Rack did in this thread and it was an amazing idea (worship) . So I'm always open to suggestions or ideas, just please don't act on them before we discuss. :foryou:

can we please just send those to you via PM - I think we are doing fine, when it's gotten bad it's because to many cooks in the kitchen. I've learned from day 1 and now I'm just here wanting the thread to give me an opportunity to "give"

On a side note any way we can keep this thread positive and not post insulting comments to other members? Really there's no need for that, here at least.
+1

NuclearExpAnimated_zpsfc34bd2f.gif

It was nice while it lasted.

PERNTS!!!!

(tsk) This is and will be a good thread. Tonight was frustrating based on confusion. It will have it's bumps in the road, but let's work on this as a community. :)

Bring on the naked, dancing ladies !!!! WAHHOOOOOOOO !!! ;)

Andy you can send the slab. This is not like the PIF where the next offer needs to be taken. it's his the minute he took it.

Really? :applause:

Cool!

I'll post it tonight then.

Still can't understand why wall-crawlers offer is still here?

All these 1st apps - it's an awesome deal.

Hopefully everyone juststarts giving and the usual 'wise men' butt out for a change (thumbs u

Andy you can send the slab. This is not like the PIF where the next offer needs to be taken. it's his the minute he took it.

Really? :applause:

Cool!

I'll post it tonight then.

Still can't understand why wall-crawlers offer is still here?

All these 1st apps - it's an awesome deal.

Hopefully everyone juststarts giving and the usual 'wise men' butt out for a change (thumbs u

Please confirm Swick, but that was my understanding right?

I think CG is saying he picked up Wall-Crawler's offer? So the DH is now up for grabs... Right?

Jason PM'ed me and thought 1Cool tacked onto Wall-Crawler's offer so he was claiming the litho.

Again - people, please don't decide to make rules. There was no and IS no tacking on. Wall-Crawler's offer is still unclaimed. 1Cool simply gave up a nice litho! :applause:

Why are you over complicating things? If Jason claimed the litho as part of wall crawlers offer and after finding out his 30 day card was played still wants to go forward why stop that?

He is taking the litho as a separate transaction and also claiming wall crawlers offer as a separate transaction. His Darkhorse 1 is now what he's offering.

I appreciate the input and opinion. :foryou: But Jason claimed a lithograph. That's it. NOT part of Wall-Crawler's offer.

Donkey takes something. Offers up something pretty drek, but questionable, but the offeror doesn't want to use the veto for whatever reason. Someone comes along and wants to move the thread along so tacks on and the tack on gets someone to claim it. Now the donkey is saved from getting a strike. That absolutely undermines the strike system. Donkeys figured out pretty quickly in PIF that they could take from each other to make sure their buddy got what he took and then when the saving donkey offered up drek, neither of them really lose.

I need people to use up their "bail outs" to take that away from them and I need those that would manipulate the system to get strikes. Otherwise, it quickly becomes PIF again. THAT is why I'm being a stickler here. (thumbs u

So do people giving free shizzle still get an extra grab per month as per your previous idea? No. The suggestion I threw out there tonight was if the thread stalled and someone offered up something knowing they weren't taking anything and it was claimed, they could be granted an additional "take it". This still needs to be discussed and hashed out.

And it's still Wall-Crawler still yes? Yes.

I find that unbelievable, as its a great offer - and I can't send Tyler the slab until its claimed. I meant to discuss this. It should be up to the offeror whether or not he wants to send his offering to the person claiming it if their follow up offer wasn't claimed. I would think if the person offered up a good offer and for whatever reason it wasn't claimed, the person should follow through and send it. That was the point of the thread - giving something. Thoughts??

So someone claim it!

Are all parts of the rules being strictly enforced? If so then why is there a "strike" exception for the current offer? Nowhere in the rules does it say "if the consensus agrees that current offering is good then a strike will not be given." By making this an exception won't this create issues in the future by having members claim future crappy offers as a "great offer" when in fact it isn't. If all it takes is for one or two people to bail out someone's drek offer then what about a few people to post how great an offer is? Would that cause an exception too?

So do people giving free shizzle still get an extra grab per month as per your previous idea? No. The suggestion I threw out there tonight was if the thread stalled and someone offered up something knowing they weren't taking anything and it was claimed, they could be granted an additional "take it". This still needs to be discussed and hashed out.

I find that unbelievable, as its a great offer - and I can't send Tyler the slab until its claimed. I meant to discuss this. It should be up to the offeror whether or not he wants to send his offering to the person claiming it if their offer wasn't claimed. I would think if the person offered up a good offer and for whatever reason it wasn't claimed, the person should follow through and send it. That was the point of the thread - giving something. Thoughts??

So someone claim it!

I think the next needs to be claimed first.

The veto vote removes the PIF thieves

I find that unbelievable, as its a great offer - and I can't send Tyler the slab until its claimed. I meant to discuss this. It should be up to the offeror whether or not he wants to send his offering to the person claiming it if their offer wasn't claimed. I would think if the person offered up a good offer and for whatever reason it wasn't claimed, the person should follow through and send it. That was the point of the thread - giving something. Thoughts??

So someone claim it!

Well, that basically becomes the PIF thread again. doh!

It's not posted in the rules but it was suggested and agreed that Harvey has veto power on strikes cause we trust his judgment. It would be unfair if WC got a strike cause his offer is solid just because no one took it.

Are all parts of the rules being strictly enforced? If so then why is there a "strike" exception for the current offer? Nowhere in the rules does it say "if the consensus agrees that current offering is good then a strike will not be given." By making this an exception won't this create issues in the future by having members claim future crappy offers as a "great offer" when in fact it isn't. If all it takes is for one or two people to bail out someone's drek offer then what about a few people to post how great an offer is? Would that cause an exception too?

I guess I never addressed that in the rules section even though we discussed it at length I believe last night. I don't know - this thread is just :P tonight. :tonofbricks:

So someone claim it!

Well, that basically becomes the PIF thread again. doh!

It is - you just put a veto in to stop drek being added.

Which should work as we saw with Barth and his Kraven doll!

That the only difference between this and the PIF - the safeguard that you can veto some drek.

This is irrelevant as this offer should be gone by now.

No idea why no-one hasn't claimed it.

Anyway - I'll butt out and let this thing take it's course. :foryou: