• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

This thread is so confusing. Multiple boardies offering their items, makes it hard to keep up with what's the next item offered, or who's turn it is. It's cool but it just makes this thread confusing. If everyone followed the rules, this would be a great thread.

Read the second post of the thread...

I think CG is saying he picked up Wall-Crawler's offer? So the DH is now up for grabs... Right?

Jason PM'ed me and thought 1Cool tacked onto Wall-Crawler's offer so he was claiming the litho.

Again - people, please don't decide to make rules. There was no and IS no tacking on. Wall-Crawler's offer is still unclaimed. 1Cool simply gave up a nice litho! :applause:

Why are you over complicating things? If Jason claimed the litho as part of wall crawlers offer and after finding out his 30 day card was played still wants to go forward why stop that?

He is taking the litho as a separate transaction and also claiming wall crawlers offer as a separate transaction. His Darkhorse 1 is now what he's offering.

I appreciate the input and opinion. :foryou: But Jason claimed a lithograph. That's it. NOT part of Wall-Crawler's offer.

Here is why I have to be strict with this rule. Play it out:

Donkey takes something. Offers up something pretty drek, but questionable, but the offeror doesn't want to use the veto for whatever reason. Someone comes along and wants to move the thread along so tacks on and the tack on gets someone to claim it. Now the donkey is saved from getting a strike. That absolutely undermines the strike system. Donkeys figured out pretty quickly in PIF that they could take from each other to make sure their buddy got what he took and then when the saving donkey offered up drek, neither of them really lose.

I need people to use up their "bail outs" to take that away from them and I need those that would manipulate the system to get strikes. Otherwise, it quickly becomes PIF again. THAT is why I'm being a stickler here. (thumbs u

So do people giving free shizzle still get an extra grab per month as per your previous idea? No. The suggestion I threw out there tonight was if the thread stalled and someone offered up something knowing they weren't taking anything and it was claimed, they could be granted an additional "take it". This still needs to be discussed and hashed out.

And it's still Wall-Crawler still yes? Yes.

I find that unbelievable, as its a great offer - and I can't send Tyler the slab until its claimed. I meant to discuss this. It should be up to the offeror whether or not he wants to send his offering to the person claiming it if their offer wasn't claimed. I would think if the person offered up a good offer and for whatever reason it wasn't claimed, the person should follow through and send it. That was the point of the thread - giving something. Thoughts??

So someone claim it!

I think the next needs to be claimed first.

The veto vote removes the PIF thieves

Actually - forget what I wrote. Send off your offer. You could have veto'ed (and still can) and didn't so you should be sending off your offer. :idea:

I think CG is saying he picked up Wall-Crawler's offer? So the DH is now up for grabs... Right?

Jason PM'ed me and thought 1Cool tacked onto Wall-Crawler's offer so he was claiming the litho.

Again - people, please don't decide to make rules. There was no and IS no tacking on. Wall-Crawler's offer is still unclaimed. 1Cool simply gave up a nice litho! :applause:

Why are you over complicating things? If Jason claimed the litho as part of wall crawlers offer and after finding out his 30 day card was played still wants to go forward why stop that?

He is taking the litho as a separate transaction and also claiming wall crawlers offer as a separate transaction. His Darkhorse 1 is now what he's offering.

I appreciate the input and opinion. :foryou: But Jason claimed a lithograph. That's it. NOT part of Wall-Crawler's offer.

Donkey takes something. Offers up something pretty drek, but questionable, but the offeror doesn't want to use the veto for whatever reason. Someone comes along and wants to move the thread along so tacks on and the tack on gets someone to claim it. Now the donkey is saved from getting a strike. That absolutely undermines the strike system. Donkeys figured out pretty quickly in PIF that they could take from each other to make sure their buddy got what he took and then when the saving donkey offered up drek, neither of them really lose.

I need people to use up their "bail outs" to take that away from them and I need those that would manipulate the system to get strikes. Otherwise, it quickly becomes PIF again. THAT is why I'm being a stickler here. (thumbs u

So do people giving free shizzle still get an extra grab per month as per your previous idea? No. The suggestion I threw out there tonight was if the thread stalled and someone offered up something knowing they weren't taking anything and it was claimed, they could be granted an additional "take it". This still needs to be discussed and hashed out.

And it's still Wall-Crawler still yes? Yes.

I find that unbelievable, as its a great offer - and I can't send Tyler the slab until its claimed. I meant to discuss this. It should be up to the offeror whether or not he wants to send his offering to the person claiming it if their offer wasn't claimed. I would think if the person offered up a good offer and for whatever reason it wasn't claimed, the person should follow through and send it. That was the point of the thread - giving something. Thoughts??

So someone claim it!

I think the next needs to be claimed first.

The veto vote removes the PIF thieves

Actually - forget what I wrote. Send off your offer. You could have veto'ed (and still can) and didn't so you should be sending off your offer. :idea:

Chip and Tylers slabs will be in the post tonight, they are already wrapped.

It's not posted in the rules but it was suggested and agreed that Harvey has veto power on strikes cause we trust his judgment. It would be unfair if WC got a strike cause his offer is solid just because no one took it.

The thing that bothers me is when somebody doesn't bother to change up their offer after some time goes by and it's not taken. Please people. You made the effort to claim something for free. Please put the effort into making sure someone claims your offer. Check back in the thread after several hours. Add to it or change some items in an attempt to spark interest. Check back in the next day. If still untaken... change it up again! Etc, etc. It just requires a bit of effort on the offerer's part to keep the thread moving for the entire board. 2c

It's not posted in the rules but it was suggested and agreed that Harvey has veto power on strikes cause we trust his judgment. It would be unfair if WC got a strike cause his offer is solid just because no one took it.

The thing that bothers me is when somebody doesn't bother to change up their offer after some time goes by and it's not taken. Please people. You made the effort to claim something for free. Please put the effort into making someone claims your offer. Check back in the thread after several hours. Add to it or change some items in an attempt to spark interest. Check back in the next day. If still untaken... change it up again! Etc, etc. It just requires a bit of effort on the offerer's part to keep the thread moving for the entire board. 2c

I agree and no offense to WC but he should put something else up

So this is a upscale version of the PIF thread?

Someone needs to post the pic of the junk donkey wearing a top hat and monocle.

I predict this will end with much butthurt, strikes, and pernts. :ohnoez:

Are all parts of the rules being strictly enforced? If so then why is there a "strike" exception for the current offer? Nowhere in the rules does it say "if the consensus agrees that current offering is good then a strike will not be given." By making this an exception won't this create issues in the future by having members claim future crappy offers as a "great offer" when in fact it isn't. If all it takes is for one or two people to bail out someone's drek offer then what about a few people to post how great an offer is? Would that cause an exception too?

I guess I never addressed that in the rules section even though we discussed it at length I believe last night. I don't know - this thread is just :P tonight. :tonofbricks:

Haha...no worries. You're doing a great job holding this together.

Are all parts of the rules being strictly enforced? If so then why is there a "strike" exception for the current offer? Nowhere in the rules does it say "if the consensus agrees that current offering is good then a strike will not be given." By making this an exception won't this create issues in the future by having members claim future crappy offers as a "great offer" when in fact it isn't. If all it takes is for one or two people to bail out someone's drek offer then what about a few people to post how great an offer is? Would that cause an exception too?

Can everyone please discuss this?

We talked about it and I believe that if someone offers something that is generally accepted is a fair and generous offer and for whatever reason is NOT claimed, they shouldn't get a strike.

:news::news::news::news::news::news:

How do I put this into the rules though? Is it a majority vote? Is there a poll? I need to address this in the rules and need everyone's input.

How many people does it take for a consensus to be that something is a good offer? How many people does it take to say no it is not if some say yes it is? If it is ultimately the decision of just the OP then I hope he knows all areas of comicdom. I have been surprised more than once at discovering the rareness of an offer that I initially thought as drek. The last time my head hurt so much trying to decipher rules was when I read the ACA.

+1

I suggested that.

It would be Harvey's decision. Maybe the offer is great and no strike should be given, OR maybe while the offer is good no attempt is made to change it up so a strike is worthy. But it would be up to our "moderator" Harvey to decide. This is a good thing. Harvey's thread, Harvey's call. Not just on the strike thing, but all the other suggestions people keep making.

Some of you are posting way too much about hypotheticals and are flooding this thread with confusion. 2c

The thing that bothers me is when somebody doesn't bother to change up their offer after some time goes by and it's not taken. Please people. You made the effort to claim something for free. Please put the effort into making someone claims your offer. Check back in the thread after several hours. Add to it or change some items in an attempt to spark interest. Check back in the next day. If still untaken... change it up again! Etc, etc. It just requires a bit of effort on the offerer's part to keep the thread moving for the entire board. 2c

I just got back from the lake...WTF is going on?

First of all, my offer has been derailed by constant discussions on how this should work. How far back is my offer now? These discussions should not be taking place here, my 2c

Secondly, my offer has been up for LESS than 24 hours. I don't know but I think it is a solid one and I don't have the time to be checking in on it "every couple of hours". :screwy:

Thirdly, Kav, why don't YOU take it or actually participate in something other than just :blahblah:

+1

I suggested that.

It would be Harvey's decision.

+2

Leave it to Swick. (thumbs u

Ok, I will stop with hypotheticals but I only mention them because I am very good at recognizing how people will attempt to find loopholes. I already accurately predicted two that have already occurred. I will sit back and let things play out until the problem happens and then we talk about a solution. :)

How many people does it take for a consensus to be that something is a good offer? How many people does it take to say no it is not if some say yes it is? If it is ultimately the decision of just the OP then I hope he knows all areas of comicdom. I have been surprised more than once at discovering the rareness of an offer that I initially thought as drek. The last time my head hurt so much trying to decipher rules was when I read the ACA.

It should be up to Harvey. Keep it simple.

He doesn't need to know all areas of comicdom.... When there is an issue, people will make their case. At that time Harvey will hear the info about the items and then make a decision. It's not like he has to decide without hearing from the parties involved.

I just got back from the lake...WTF is going on?

First of all, my offer has been derailed by constant discussions on how this should work. How far back is my offer now? These discussions should not be taking place here, my 2c

Secondly, my offer has been up for LESS than 24 hours. I don't know but I think it is a solid one and I don't have the time to be checking in on it "every couple of hours". :screwy:

Thirdly, Kav, why don't YOU take it or actually participate in something other than just :blahblah:

No matter how far back your offer is, it is available on the second post of this thread. Justin updates it every time there is a new offer so nobody has to weed through pages and pages of posts to find it.

Can everyone please discuss this?

We talked about it and I believe that if someone offers something that is generally accepted is a fair and generous offer and for whatever reason is NOT claimed, they shouldn't get a strike.

How do I put this into the rules though? Is it a majority vote? Is there a poll? I need to address this in the rules and need everyone's input.

If an :takeit: is put out, and the previous offerer has the option to veto, then maybe if the current offer expires, then they also have the option of negating the strike? Either that or Harvey.

So this is a upscale version of the PIF thread?

Someone needs to post the pic of the junk donkey wearing a top hat and monocle.

I predict this will end with much butthurt, strikes, and pernts. :ohnoez:

How about if you just came to mess on the thread, you just stay out!