• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

We need to hear from 1cool about now....

Why?

To see if he was adding to wallcrawlers offer or making a sidebar gift

I'll throw up a :takeit: that lithograph is sheer awesomeness and I know just who to give it to.

Wall-Crawlers offer was claimed. Then Comicalgems offered his DH which was claimed by Harvey.

It can be confusing to see the thread actually progress with offers and not just arguing. Come on guys, were better than this....

There was no part of this statement that would imply that it was a joke. A little condescending perhaps but not really a joke. If that was humor though it is all good with me! (thumbs u

Why?

It was already discussed two pages back that no member can add to the offer of another member.

Wall-Crawlers offer was claimed by Comicalgems. (The litho was added to Wall-Crawlers offer last I saw)

Comicalgems immediately posted an offer (no pic, maybe that's the confusing part :shrug:)

Harvey claimed Comicalgems offer.

You're wrong. The litho was added and then removed as part if the offer. The litho was taken by comical gems and his offer was taken by Swick.

No one has claimed wall crawlers offer yet, that stands as the current offer.

The litho and dark hawk exchange was a confusing side bar.

(thumbs u

And if comicalgems thought he was doing a good deed and moving the thread along by offering up the Darkhawk #1 and not just as a good deed, I have no problem in cancelling that transaction. I'm not here to capitalize out of confusion as people are deciding to add little things to this thread as they see fit.

It's really a great gesture of generosity for 1Cool to offer up something for free. But there will be no bailing out others by tacking onto their offer. If he was just deciding to be generous and give up something and expecting nothing in return - that is what this whole thread is about as we saw with Andy giving something to Chip last night. (worship)

So. Wall-Crawler is up and let us know Jason regarding your Darkhawk offer. :foryou:

Well then I stand corrected, apologies. I did not see the "veto" of the addition. My mistake

That's perfectly ok. And there was never a "veto" regarding 1Cool trying to tack on to Wall-Crawler's current offer. There never was a "tack on" to begin with. :D If you look at the first page, first post - 1 person is up. No other offers while that person is up. BUT... I'm obviously completely fine with people giving others something and not taking anything or expecting anything. I just don't want people "helping out" or "bailing out" others. What would stop someone from posting drek, a nice offeror that doesn't want to use a veto and some good Samaritan coming along and bailing out the drek slinger? Nothing. These rules were carefully thought out and not just hashed together. This has been a long time in the making. ;)

Why?

It was already discussed two pages back that no member can add to the offer of another member.

Right but there was some confusion about that and if that was his mistaken intention then it needs to be null and voided

Why?

Right but there was some confusion about that and if that was his mistaken intention then it needs to be null and voided

There was no confusion, when everyone continues to chime in without taking the time to read and process what's transpired it causes confusion.

Everyone should slow down and think out what they post or maybe reread before making assumptions.

Why?

There was no confusion, when everyone continues to chime in without taking the time to read and process what's transpired it causes confusion.

Everyone should slow down and think out what they post or maybe reread before making assumptions.

No confusion? Are we reading the same thread?

Wall-Crawlers offer was claimed by Comicalgems. (The litho was added to Wall-Crawlers offer last I saw)

Comicalgems immediately posted an offer (no pic, maybe that's the confusing part :shrug:)

Harvey claimed Comicalgems offer.

You're wrong. The litho was added and then removed as part if the offer. The litho was taken by comical gems and his offer was taken by Swick.

No one has claimed wall crawlers offer yet, that stands as the current offer.

The litho and dark hawk exchange was a confusing side bar.

(thumbs u

And if comicalgems thought he was doing a good deed and moving the thread along by offering up the Darkhawk #1 and not just as a good deed, I have no problem in cancelling that transaction. I'm not here to capitalize out of confusion as people are deciding to add little things to this thread as they see fit.

It's really a great gesture of generosity for 1Cool to offer up something for free. But there will be no bailing out others by tacking onto their offer. If he was just deciding to be generous and give up something and expecting nothing in return - that is what this whole thread is about as we saw with Andy giving something to Chip last night. (worship)

So. Wall-Crawler is up and let us know Jason regarding your Darkhawk offer. :foryou:

Well then I stand corrected, apologies. I did not see the "veto" of the addition. My mistake

That's perfectly ok. And there was never a "veto" regarding 1Cool trying to tack on to Wall-Crawler's current offer. There never was a "tack on" to begin with. :D If you look at the first page, first post - 1 person is up. No other offers while that person is up. BUT... I'm obviously completely fine with people giving others something and not taking anything or expecting anything. I just don't want people "helping out" or "bailing out" others. What would stop someone from posting drek, a nice offeror that doesn't want to use a veto and some good Samaritan coming along and bailing out the drek slinger? Nothing. These rules were carefully thought out and not just hashed together. This has been a long time in the making. ;)

So to clarify for everyone. You can offer up a bonus book as long as it is a gift and anyone can claim it or do you have to offer it to a particular boardie? If I offer a book to you does that count as your one claim for the month or is it straight gift? Does the same apply if I offer a book in general and Cricket grabs it, does that count as Cricket's claim?

I'll throw up a :takeit: that lithograph is sheer awesomeness and I know just who to give it to.

Wall-Crawlers offer was claimed. Then Comicalgems offered his DH which was claimed by Harvey.

It can be confusing to see the thread actually progress with offers and not just arguing. Come on guys, were better than this....

There was no part of this statement that would imply that it was a joke. A little condescending perhaps but not really a joke. If that was humor though it is all good with me! (thumbs u

Well I thought the inclusion of the Royal We would be sufficient to at least warrant the consideration of a joke. As I realized if I did not include myself, it would certainly have come across as a put down. Either way, a swing and a miss by me.

CAHokie I have.....a weird sense of humor I guess, dont know how else to explain it. It does come across as...jerkish...but I can assure you I was not trying to put anyone down, furthermore anyone who knows me, can attest, there is never any malicious intent. I'm actually quite self- deprecating more often than not. Regardless, it was misconstrued, therefore I feel a need to apologize, my PR rep just wrote this for me:

It has been brought to my attention that recent remarks made by me were hurtful. I would like to sincerely offer my apologies to any and all members who thought my comment was callous, degrading, or insulting in anyway. It was not my intention to make those hurtful remarks. I am asking for forgiveness from the community so we can all put this ugly incident behind us and move forward.

Sorry, it looks like I broke the rules by offering to piggy back my Litho as an additional item for Wall Crawlers item but I'm not too worried who gets it. My hope is someone on the boards enjoys it.