• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I have a feeling this offer's not gonna fly and could get vetoed. It might need some changing up. I apologize in advance if I'm wrong. (which I often am)

This sort of illustrates why I suggested the community veto option initially. I think it's easier for 3rd parties to voice this opinion (which I applaud you for doing), where it might make the original offeror feel guilty or reluctant to step on anyone's toes.

I'm not assuming the original offeror doesn't want to invoke the veto, maybe he just hasn't seen it yet, but I could see where people might not want to push the big red veto button and where it would be much easier for 3rd parties to step forward.

I have a feeling this offer's not gonna fly and could get vetoed. It might need some changing up. I apologize in advance if I'm wrong. (which I often am)

This sort of illustrates why I suggested the community veto option initially. I think it's easier for 3rd parties to voice this opinion (which I applaud you for doing), where it might make the original offeror feel guilty or reluctant to step on anyone's toes.

I'm not assuming the original offeror doesn't want to invoke the veto, maybe he just hasn't seen it yet, but I could see where people might not want to push the big red veto button and where it would be much easier for 3rd parties to step forward.

I would feel uncomfortable vetoing-and now that I think of it the last veto was used only after other boardies expressed dissatisfaction with the offer....this may be something to consider...

I would feel uncomfortable vetoing-and now that I think of it the last veto was used only after other boardies expressed dissatisfaction with the offer....this may be something to consider...

To add to my original point, this may not apply here, but I can also see where someone might not know what the follow up offer is (relative to value or desirability), and they don't want to look foolish if they veto something that doesn't warrant it.

To add to my original point, this may not apply here, but I can also see where someone might not know what the follow up offer is (relative to value or desirability), and they don't want to look foolish if they veto something that doesn't warrant it.

I admit I've thought about this, especially if the follow up offer to mine was GA which I know nothing about.

But I do know board members who have that knowledge and nothing a quick pm to them won't fix.

Edited by Spacy

I admit I've thought about this, especially if the follow up offer to mine was GA which I know nothing about.

But I do know board members who have that knowledge and nothing a quick pm to them won't fix.

+1

I think we're on to something folks. I know Harv is averse to rule changes but we can keep doing what we've been doing-voicing concerns if an offer doesn't seem up to snuff.

The ASM was my originally my first offer but thought the 70's Bronze Age stuff might appeal to the some of the giving tree's frequent guests. (After all I grabbed a 70's bronze)

I'm not ready to lower the one :takeit: per 30 day period yet.

What I AM considering doing is allowing an offer that has been posted and unclaimed for over 24 hours free to be claimed by anyone, including someone who has already claimed something within 30 days.

Thoughts?

I think your rules are good as they are. I think eventually this thread will settle into something amazing. Continual changing of the already solid rules will just turn this into a glorified PIF. 2c

+1 (thumbs u

This was discussed earlier, but so it's not ignored or simply dismissed I'll discuss it again.

The idea is this - the offeror is the one giving stuff away with the current offeror - no one else. If the person taking offers up drek, they're the only ones that are sending their stuff to someone essentially for nothing. They should have the option of saying no - hopefully if they don't know the value of something, they'll just ask the community. If we did a poll, what is to prevent donkeys or shills voting that the offer is valid. If we do public, what is to prevent overly nice people who in the PIF thread might have said "you're just being negative, it looks like a fine offer to me. :preach: " How do I weigh one set of opinions versus another? Just let the system work itself out.

If the person claiming the offer offers up drek which isn't claimed and are trying to play the system like they did with PIF, they will get a strike and we'll never see that offer again. :hi:

Current offer:

Amazing Spider-Man 298 and 299 clean flat off white 9.0 or better

image_zpsa6905343.jpg

And the Marvel Encyclopedia oversized hard cover

image_zps4eff4683.jpg

Looks like a good offer to me. (shrug)

Current offer:

image_zpsa6905343.jpg

image_zps4eff4683.jpg

Looks good to me.

Congrats in the pick ups too.....PM me your info.

I need some clarification. Lets say I took this fine offer and then my offering was not taken within the 3 day window for whatever reason. No veto was issued. I get a strike. Do I get to keep the Spiderman books and then someone else has to come up with an offer for me? Or does my offer become null in void and these spiderman books go back up for others to grab?

Current offer:

image_zpsa6905343.jpg

image_zps4eff4683.jpg

Looks like a good offer to me. (shrug)

:baiting:

I need some clarification. Lets say I took this fine offer and then my offering was not taken within the 3 day window for whatever reason. No veto was issued. I get a strike. Do I get to keep the Spiderman books and then someone else has to come up with an offer for me? Or does my offer become null in void and these spiderman books go back up for others to grab?

Yes, you get to keep the Spider-man books. This was discussed already.

The person offering up the books to you could have used their veto. They didn't. If they choose not to, they have to send the books.

And we will not be "reverting back" to previous offers. That is called the PIF thread. (thumbs u

Yes, you get to keep the Spider-man books. This was discussed already.

The person offering up the books to you could have used their veto. They didn't. If they choose not to, they have to send the books.

And we will not be "reverting back" to previous offers. That is called the PIF thread. (thumbs u

Thanks for the clarification. I saw it outlined in the rules but I've been known to misread them.