• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I'm not ready to lower the one :takeit: per 30 day period yet.

What I AM considering doing is allowing an offer that has been posted and unclaimed for over 24 hours free to be claimed by anyone, including someone who has already claimed something within 30 days.

Thoughts?

I think your rules are good as they are. I think eventually this thread will settle into something amazing. Continual changing of the already solid rules will just turn this into a glorified PIF. 2c

so does that mean the original offer cannot be changed in the first 24 hours? or if they change it does the 24 hour clock start again?

hm How about every time an offer is switched up, the 24 hour period starts over. That's only fair. (thumbs u

Yep

Minor tweak-I dont think thats unreasonable or will screw things up.

So far each rule tweak has made the thread more successful

What I AM considering doing is allowing an offer that has been posted and unclaimed for over 24 hours free to be claimed by anyone, including someone who has already claimed something within 30 days.

Thoughts?

I think your rules are good as they are. I think eventually this thread will settle into something amazing. Continual changing of the already solid rules will just turn this into a glorified PIF. 2c

Believe me Andre, I hear what you're saying. But I have to consider a "feeding frenzy" like this last weekend where numerous offers are taken and people use their claims. I want to be able to have a way to let them still participate while also ensuring those that haven't yet still have first "dibs". I don't see any harm if an offer has been sitting and everyone has had a decent opportunity to take it and don't - if there is a willing taker, why not let them. Everyone that takes something still has to offer something up in return and face receiving a strike or a veto from the offeror. More :takeit: also means more chances of receiving a strike and losing the ability to participate in the future. (shrug)

The best programs are the ones with the simplest, easiest rules to understand.

By adding new rules within different circumstances you confuse people, which leads to frustration , which leads to the thread dying out etc

Is the reason to change the rules (for this) to allow members to get more than one take it, or B to increase the pool of possible takers, or C to eliminate a possible good offer from not being taken

Thoughts?

I suggested that like 3 days ago and you told me to get bent, more a less.

Thoughts?

Suggestions carry more weight when they come from me! :baiting::grin:

Thoughts?

That was then. This is now.

Excellent movie, by the way. :)

D. All of the above.

I've said from day one - the reason for the 30 day waiting period was out of concerns that there were people that were always watching PIF and minutes or even seconds after a great offer was put up - :takeit: - even if they already had claimed several things recent enough.

With a 24 hour waiting period - if it's not claimed by someone who hasn't taken anything yet, what is the harm by letting anyone claim it? Again - by claiming something, you're also assuming risk.

Additionally, I assume most people will switch up their offer within a 24 hour period of it not being claimed so it really may never go into effect anyway. It's sort of a last chance at the 11th hour of an offeror and a way to get some that have already claimed something back in the mix.

I think 24 hrs maybe too soon, 72 48hrs would give enough time for a lot of people to see the offer and still be 24 hrs before the end of the posting.

There fixed that for you

I think the main reason is today only one offer was taken if I am not mistaken and lots of people in the sidelines waiting for their shot at the ball. A faster game should breed more interest not less.

Once things settle down the rules will be stable.

I think the main reason is today only one offer was taken if I am not mistaken and lots of people in the sidelines waiting for their shot at the ball. A faster game should breed more interest not less.

Once things settle down the rules will be stable.

You are sounding very rational today with great suggestions and making total sense. Bottom line, what have you done with Kav?

Thoughts?

Suggestions carry more weight when they come from me! :baiting::grin:

I'll just PM you good ideas so you can pass them along in the future.

Thoughts?

:sorry::foryou:

That was also when I had 50 suggestions flying at me from many different people regarding the 30 day wait period. Still wasn't my idea on this instance - CAHokie sent me the idea. (shrug)

So I guess my apologies to you for missing your idea. I can give you credit in the rules section if it makes you feel better? :foryou: