• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I think the main reason is today only one offer was taken if I am not mistaken and lots of people in the sidelines waiting for their shot at the ball. A faster game should breed more interest not less.

Once things settle down the rules will be stable.

You are sounding very rational today with great suggestions and making total sense. Bottom line, what have you done with Kav?

This happens whenever I interact with Buzz-some of his sanity tends to rub off.

I'm not ready to lower the one :takeit: per 30 day period yet.

What I AM considering doing is allowing an offer that has been posted and unclaimed for over 24 hours free to be claimed by anyone, including someone who has already claimed something within 30 days.

Thoughts?

I think your rules are good as they are. I think eventually this thread will settle into something amazing. Continual changing of the already solid rules will just turn this into a glorified PIF. 2c

Believe me Andre, I hear what you're saying. But I have to consider a "feeding frenzy" like this last weekend where numerous offers are taken and people use their claims. I want to be able to have a way to let them still participate while also ensuring those that haven't yet still have first "dibs". I don't see any harm if an offer has been sitting and everyone has had a decent opportunity to take it and don't - if there is a willing taker, why not let them. Everyone that takes something still has to offer something up in return and face receiving a strike or a veto from the offeror. More :takeit: also means more chances of receiving a strike and losing the ability to participate in the future. (shrug)

I get where you're coming from, but if we're averaging 5 claims per day, that's 150 claims per month. I truly don't think that's too many out of all the awesome people on this board. Commenting from obvious personal experience, the constant tweaks to well thought out rules is slowing the claiming process more than the offers themselves. I think your rules are solid. Changing the rules daily will only lead to a progressive decline in the integrity of the thread.

What I AM considering doing is allowing an offer that has been posted and unclaimed for over 24 hours free to be claimed by anyone, including someone who has already claimed something within 30 days.

Thoughts?

I suggested that like 3 days ago and you told me to get bent, more a less.

:sorry::foryou:

That was also when I had 50 suggestions flying at me from many different people regarding the 30 day wait period. Still wasn't my idea on this instance - CAHokie sent me the idea. (shrug)

So I guess my apologies to you for missing your idea. I can give you credit in the rules section if it makes you feel better? :foryou:

:roflmao: This thread cracks me up. I enjoy the nuttiness more than the offers. lol

Thoughts?

That was also when I had 50 suggestions flying at me from many different people regarding the 30 day wait period. Still wasn't my idea on this instance - CAHokie sent me the idea. (shrug)

So I guess my apologies to you for missing your idea. I can give you credit in the rules section if it makes you feel better? :foryou:

:roflmao: This thread cracks me up. I enjoy the nuttiness more than the offers. lol

No I don't need credits, thanks for the offer. It would be nice having feedback provided not disregarded is all, being one of the more active members in the PIF over the course of the last year+, I think I've got a pretty good idea of what did and did not work. Not being belittled would be cool too but you can't have everything in life. :whistle:

Thoughts?

No I don't need credits, thanks for the offer. It would be nice having feedback provided not disregarded is all, being one of the more active members in the PIF over the course of the last year+, I think I've got a pretty good idea of what did and did not work. Not being belittled would be cool too but you can't have everything in life. :whistle:

Actually... I think he was serious. Which makes it even more :roflmao:

Thanks Harv. Have you considered stand-up?

And I was being serious. You came up with the veto idea which was awesome. (worship)

If we decide to go with this idea, you deserve credit for that as well. Just blame Ben for stealing your idea.

And I was being serious. You came up with the veto idea which was awesome. (worship)

If we decide to go with this idea, you deserve credit for that as well. Just blame Ben for stealing your idea.

I doubt it is stealing, great minds just think alike.

Please pick 2 options

Option 1

image_zps463d867c.jpg

Option 2

image_zps025447bb.jpg

Option 3

6f189de5-e8e2-49ed-9214-3de407adeebe_zpsfb8cbb78.jpg

:bump: In case people missed it or forgot about the link on page 2!

I'm gonna have to agree-a check of sold auctions shows they're not very desirable-no offense to the poster.

If there is no interest in these I will change it between 5 and 6 this afternoon. Well before my 1st 24 hrs
If it does get vetoed, it will happen long before 5pm. Probably in the morning when people wake up. So you still have time to avoid a strike. Big Daddy's offer was vetoed not long after he made his offer, if I'm not mistaken. I hope you take this as helpful advice and not as a negative. :)

Yah it looks like maybe $16 worth of books and offers have been hovering around 100-150

not to be like counting money or anything