• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

i feel like grabbing the current offer and then not post anything for 23h55min, just to see you guys go nuts lol

Others would step in and give to keep things moving as they already have

i feel like grabbing the current offer and then not post anything for 23h55min, just to see you guys go nuts lol

Sweet idea! I've got 28 days to kill. Easier done one day at a time!

Nah, not dead. The guy with the cart hasn't been by yet either.

I don't know how many people are watching this thread that are still even eligible considering how many have already grabbed something since last Friday. I am but there are very few new moderns I'm after so I'm more than willing to let someone else enjoy those books while I wait my turn.

threaddead_zps2afbcf3f.jpg

I wouldn't say it's dead.

I have said it before though, if the goal of the thread is to have a lot of turnover and action, the 1 month lockout is going to make that tough. It's the regulars that are going to keep the thread a float over the long run, and the rate it was going over the weekend was clearly not sustainable.

If the goal is to just let it be what it is, and exchange some cool stuff every few days, it's probably going to do just fine.

the 1 month lockout is going to make that tough. It's the regulars that are going to keep the thread a float over the long run, and the rate it was going over the weekend was clearly not sustainable.

Not with only a handful of regulars, no. But maybe more will join if the rules indeed does weed out the greed-grabbers/graboids and other bottom feeders...let's hope :wishluck:

threaddead_zps2afbcf3f.jpg

I wouldn't say it's dead.

I have said it before though, if the goal of the thread is to have a lot of turnover and action, the 1 month lockout is going to make that tough. It's the regulars that are going to keep the thread a float over the long run, and the rate it was going over the weekend was clearly not sustainable.

If the goal is to just let it be what it is, and exchange some cool stuff every few days, it's probably going to do just fine.

I have been saying that since before the threads creation. Just be happy I talked him out of once a quarter! ;)

bla_bla.gif
:roflmao:

It's all fine for now. You can make changes in the future if need be.

The mystery box and partial mystery box thing is what can lead to the most butthurt for now. People taking a partial offer before full offer is made will surely alienate people that were abiding by rules and patiently waiting for full offer to be made transparent to all. But you already nipped that in the bud with the "no pre-emptive take its" rule. :)

I like it. I can't wait to take another offer now. :devil:

Only one :takeit: per month, per member...Mr.Graboid :baiting:

Wow, you make an appearance to bust balls!!

The good 'ol days. :cloud9: