• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

I thought Gus slowly breaking down as he walked towards his mother was quite powerful. Basically a man with no family now. I feel for the guy. Had to take care of his brother and best friend.

Setrakian going bananas at the end was pretty darn good too.

I agree - the scene with Gus saved the otherwise meh episode. That was a sad moment. But I loved how he casually walked back with the ax in the convenience store. :headbang:

Gus, Fett, and Setrakian, plus the guy playing Eichorst are the winners of the show as far as acting goes.

As a reader of the first two books I am compelled to say I am liking the show in some areas, not so much in others. I think some of the writing is downright weak. I'm still in for the long haul though.

Just caught up

It's kind of getting ridiculous

Let's leave the young child and older woman with Dementia alone :facepalm:

Kid drops his phone :facepalm:

Train almost hits them :facepalm:

Main vamp has the guy by the neck and doesn't snap it , would rather talk to him hm:facepalm:

Eff happens to see his wife in the sewer ( how many people are in NYC? ) what are the odds ? Oh, same odds as them running into the hacker girl at the gas station a while back :facepalm:

Eff hears his wife and believes it her calling him ( she tricked me :o ) and you only buddy

There's more I'm sure.

Just caught up

Main vamp has the guy by the neck and doesn't snap it , would rather talk to him hm:facepalm:

Eff happens to see his wife in the sewer ( how many people are in NYC? ) what are the odds ? Oh, same odds as them running into the hacker girl at the gas station a while back :facepalm:

Eff hears his wife and believes it her calling him ( she tricked me :o ) and you only buddy

There's more I'm sure.

You do realize its a TV show about a Vampires apocalypse right? :P

Just caught up

There's more I'm sure.

Hey, as long as it's about a vampire apocalypse, who cares if it is well written or not? (shrug)

Just caught up

There's more I'm sure.

Hey, as long as it's about a vampire apocalypse, who cares if it is well written or not? (shrug)

Honestly to all the negative here its a fun show to watch. Every week it builds the story and hey if you don't like it then don't watch it. It was the highest rated cable show last Sunday so clearly you are in the minority here. Everyone is so critical about what they think should be written or what should have happened instead and that is great because it spurs on discussion. I'm just scratching my head how someone can't just relax on a Sunday night, escape for a hour from "real life"watching a "horror genre" tv show about vampires and the people caught up in that world. (shrug)

Just caught up

There's more I'm sure.

Right. (thumbs u

Just caught up

There's more I'm sure.

Honestly to all the negative here its a fun show to watch. Every week it builds the story and hey if you don't like it then don't watch it. It was the highest rated cable show last Sunday so clearly you are in the minority here. Everyone is so critical about what they think should be written or what should have happened instead and that is great because it spurs on discussion. I'm just scratching my head how someone can't just relax on a Sunday night, escape for a hour from "real life"watching a "horror genre" tv show about vampires and the people caught up in that world. (shrug)

I like the show, but there's nothing wrong with debating some of the goofy stuff that admittedly goes on. I don't know why you feel the need to play the white knight every time anybody says anything mildly critical of it. It's almost like you're sitting on 100 copies of issue #1 lol

Did you not read I said discussion is great. The opposite can be said to your statement, why keep playing the Debbie downer? Does anyone really expect a horror tv show about vampires is going to be a serious, realistic, and plausible type show? It's a escape and I don't think it'll win Emmy's and I'll bet FX is ok with that.

WTF are you talking about? Discussion is great, but anyone who disagrees with you is a "Debbie Downer?" You don't want a discussion; you want a circle jerk.
Relax Solar I didn't mean any offense. The only thing that I question is for a person that likes a show why the need to post negative comments about it constantly? Clearly this particular show isn't going to be realistic in every way or the events that happen would not happen because it's a imaginary what if world. Again let me just say if anyone just watches it for what it is and not what it isn't.....it might be a fun hour on a Sunday night to kick back and be entertained.

Did you not read I said discussion is great. The opposite can be said to your statement, why keep playing the Debbie downer? Does anyone really expect a horror tv show about vampires is going to be a serious, realistic, and plausible type show? It's a escape and I don't think it'll win Emmy's and I'll bet FX is ok with that.

Why can't we have a serious, realistic and plausible type show? The Walking Dead is terrific and I can't think of one hokey moment. I enjoy the show but sometimes I get the feeling that the directors are treating it tongue in cheek. I don't think anyone can argue that the Master is :fear:

I was half waiting for Eph to start vemd93.gif when the Master grabbed him with those rubber hands. :D