• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

What I dont get is they keep saying the only way to catch Ebola is by exchanging bodily fluids. But have never seen it asked, by a reporter or anyone else. What about a sneeze or bad coughing that disperses vapor droplets into the air. Is there zero chance of transmission that way or is it possible?

What I dont get is they keep saying the only way to catch Ebola is by exchanging bodily fluids. But have never seen it asked, by a reporter or anyone else. What about a sneeze or bad coughing that disperses vapor droplets into the air. Is there zero chance of transmission that way or is it possible?

It's possible - you can transfer by mucus so a nasty enough sneeze can get you if it gets into an eye, cut, mouth, etc. It also survives on surfaces for up to 3 hours, so if that person sneezes on the back of your neck, you wipe it off with your hand and then rub your eye 10 minutes later. Boom - ebola. Also, watch out for the stinger and be sure to carry a silver weapon.

It's certainly not as easy to contain as we were lead to believe back in the good old days (July).

It's possible - you can transfer by mucus so a nasty enough sneeze can get you if it gets into an eye, cut, mouth, etc. It also survives on surfaces for up to 3 hours, so if that person sneezes on the back of your neck, you wipe it off with your hand and then rub your eye 10 minutes later. Boom - ebola. Also, watch out for the stinger and be sure to carry a silver weapon.

It's certainly not as easy to contain as we were lead to believe back in the good old days (July).

Yep. It's a little spooky. :o

I would hate to think I may have to quarantine myself for a month and miss work and read comics and... hm

Yep. It's a little spooky. :o

I would hate to think I may have to quarantine myself for a month and miss work and read comics and... hm

Thus was created the Ebola excuse, used by comic lovers everywhere.

The question everyone should be asking is...why are they treating this like the common cold or flu and second why are the different ways of it spreading change from day to day.

I'll leave this for you all to ponder - the guy who discovered Ebola in the 70's and has written several books about it says even he doesn't understand fully the ways this virus can spread fully.

Here is some winter info on season 2 this summer.

Spoilers so read at your own risk.

Season 2 is 5 episodes into production and a new cast member and character is being added to the cast. Acclaimed actor Joaquín Cosío is playing The Silver Angel (former luchado star in the books)

Reading the article it looks like Gus will find him and recruit him to the cause to fight the vamps!

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/exclusive-fxs-the-strain-finds-its-vampire-fighting-silver-angel

I think it has to go head to head with Fear the Walking Dead Starting August 23.

I hope that doesnt hurt the ratings.

By then it'll be more than halfway through the season.

Episode 7 Airs on August 23rd same day as Fear the Walking Dead Premiere.