• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

So, how do folks who read the book feel about the show?

I watched the first episode and wasn't feeling it. I thought the early parts of the book just killed it setting up an air of foreboding that was totally lost for me in the first episode.

You may want to read more of the thread, lots of those who read the book are enjoying.

I don't see how people can write off an entire series based off the first episode.

I went to go see this movie about this team of misfits who was going to save the Galaxy, but the first part was just about some kid sitting in a hospital because his mom was sick. I just gave up on it. :jokealert:

I watched the first episode and wasn't feeling it. I thought the early parts of the book just killed it setting up an air of foreboding that was totally lost for me in the first episode.

You may want to read more of the thread, lots of those who read the book are enjoying.

I don't see how people can write off an entire series based off the first episode.

I went to go see this movie about this team of misfits who was going to save the Galaxy, but the first part was just about some kid sitting in a hospital because his mom was sick. I just gave up on it. :jokealert:

Thanks. There are a few comments here and there from readers, wanted to get some additional view points

I wouldn't say that I wrote the series off. Just wasn't blown away by the first episode. Was actually hoping to hear whether readers of the books thought things improved after the pilot.

Thanks. There are a few comments here and there from readers, wanted to get some additional view points

I wouldn't say that I wrote the series off. Just wasn't blown away by the first episode. Was actually hoping to hear whether readers of the books thought things improved after the pilot.

I'd say the general masses agree its a hit otherwise why would FX order another 13 episode season 2 after the first 6 episodes hit the air? It gets better and of course like any series some weeks its more action packed than others. 2c

I feel the opposite. Having read the books.....I have a sense of anticipation for what I know is coming because I know all heck is going to break loose eventually. I am loving the show minus how tacky the Master looks

The Master is just TERRIBLE though. :sorry: Is he supposed to be scary or intimidating. The makeup/costume is just terrible. They should just keep the hood on and don't show his hands.

Yeah, I dont get why the make up is so hokey on the Master, yet is creepy as hell on the standard vampire/zombie.

The show keeps getting better each week. Great pacing and is leaving me wanting more. Best new show this summer hands down. (thumbs u

+1

I have really enjoyed this first season. The pacing is great. The build up is great. The pay offs have been there. And I like that it has been a long season with a lot of episodes and that kept me wanting more. I could re-watch the whole first season tomorrow.

Did you see all those Vamps underground, looks like the entire city, all hell is going to break loose.

Also, during the preview for next week it said last show before finally , I thought there was supposed to be 13 episodes before finally..

Did you see all those Vamps underground, looks like the entire city, all hell is going to break loose.

Also, during the preview for next week it said last show before finally , I thought there was supposed to be 13 episodes before finally..

Just a 13 episode season. There will be 13 episodes for season 2 as well.

Yes that scene showing all those underground there at the end was pretty cool. Also I like how Gus is meeting all the main characters thru chance meetings. He's got lots of sides to his personality and I think he'll be a major player in season 2.