• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

Did you not read I said discussion is great. The opposite can be said to your statement, why keep playing the Debbie downer? Does anyone really expect a horror tv show about vampires is going to be a serious, realistic, and plausible type show? It's a escape and I don't think it'll win Emmy's and I'll bet FX is ok with that.

Why can't we have a serious, realistic and plausible type show? The Walking Dead is terrific and I can't think of one hokey moment. I enjoy the show but sometimes I get the feeling that the directors are treating it tongue in cheek. I don't think anyone can argue that the Master is :fear:

I was half waiting for Eph to start vemd93.gif when the Master grabbed him with those rubber hands. :D

I like watching the WD as much as the next guy but trying to pretend it doesn't have hokey moments now that really is funny. (i.e. the whole season where Carl is basically a mute and doesn't want to talk or do anything, Rick's wife's acting was really bland in the Prison season as well as her return haunting Rick's mind. Even some of the zombies are looking cheesier at times but I don't stop watching or post ever little discrepancy I find about it. I just take it for what it is some good entertainment. 2c

Did you not read I said discussion is great. The opposite can be said to your statement, why keep playing the Debbie downer? Does anyone really expect a horror tv show about vampires is going to be a serious, realistic, and plausible type show? It's a escape and I don't think it'll win Emmy's and I'll bet FX is ok with that.

Why can't we have a serious, realistic and plausible type show? The Walking Dead is terrific and I can't think of one hokey moment. I enjoy the show but sometimes I get the feeling that the directors are treating it tongue in cheek. I don't think anyone can argue that the Master is :fear:

I was half waiting for Eph to start vemd93.gif when the Master grabbed him with those rubber hands. :D

I like watching the WD as much as the next guy but trying to pretend it doesn't have hokey moments now that really is funny. (i.e. the whole season where Carl is basically a mute and doesn't want to talk or do anything, Rick's wife's acting was really bland in the Prison season as well as her return haunting Rick's mind. Even some of the zombies are looking cheesier at times but I don't stop watching or post ever little discrepancy I find about it. I just take it for what it is some good entertainment. 2c

This is too much. I think Nate is just trying to say " Enjoy the show" ...Every show, especially a TV series has hokey moments, sorry, even the Walking Dead, but I love watching it and enjoy it for what it is. The Strain with the kid and Dimentia mom, I said that to my wife how are they alone, but you never know man until your there so just block it out and enjoy the show. If you like Vampires and crazy mess, the Strain is bad , if you like Zombies And crazy mess, the walking dead is bad , just enjoy it. Not saying to not write up your opinions and critiques, but to start on one another over a show because one enjoys it and another doesn't, and to say walking dead has NO Hokey moments, come on...

BTW if you ever want to have the best Pizza, and I mean, THE BEST pizza, keep going West on Dundas and go to Vesuvio's Pizza. Tell them Jimmy sent you. They'll have no idea what that means, but it is the best pizza ever.

Think this guy likes pizza?

ake6no.jpg

This dude is reminding me of the talking Sleestak on Land of The Lost :)

Funny we have the CDC in the Strain and at the same time the CDC is trying to calm everyone with the Ebola case in the US. Both CDC's as was stated by somebody on the thread earlier handled it poorly. lol

I think we could use Eph down in Texas right about now.