• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XXXXX

466 posts in this topic

Anyone remember what was/is the name of the other third party from several months ago? I remember it was said that their slabs were real flimsy, and their labels were very generic.

All the BS aside, I'm really hoping the book comes back as quickly as he says.

You make a lot of sense Rocky...however, you all cover yourself by saying in essence 'even though this and that is likely...it is possible that it could have been done naturally or another way. So you are covered either way.

You need to carefully read what I wrote, as you have misunderstood it.

Then, you need to understand that I have no stake in your book.. I don't care what has been done to it, or what you do with it. I will not be buying it, nor do I have any interest in doing so. I don't need to be "covered" in any way, and I already told you quite clearly that the staples have been fiddled with in some way that is not natural. Unequivocally.

Let me say it again, so there's no question: the staples have been fiddled with, on purpose, at some point in this book's existence.

You admitted to such. Therefore, there is no need to "cover" anything. The equivocation has been the TYPE of fiddling, whether the legs were simply opened, the staples "moved", or the staples and pages were completely separated.

I have been around collecting and paper for decades...I KNOW..this book has no restoration. I can also assure you...I DID NOT REMOVE THE STAPLES...and did not adjust top staple...although I probably should have as it does look off center.

Are you the original owner...? If not, how do you know the previous owner(s) did not fiddle with this book in some way?

To me, even a "lessor" grading service...still has a more valid position on grading than people here who do not do as a living and may or may not have an interest to upgrade or downgrade a book, including the owner. 3rd party service has no invested interest.

This is exceptionally poor reasoning. Many people here, myself included, grade books for a living. Just because we don't have a slabbing machine does NOT mean that we don't know how to grade, and many of us can detect restoration far, far more accurately than PGX.

And that doesn't even mention PGX' PROVEN conflicts of interest over the years. Well, I guess it mentions it now. :whee:

By all means, storypapers, do what makes you happy.

Anyone remember what was/is the name of the other third party from several months ago? I remember it was said that their slabs were real flimsy, and their labels were very generic.

Vault.

-J.

Isn't there one called "Vault"? I've never sent one anywhere but Sarasota.

Surprised nobody pounced on him when he mentioned a reverse spine roll by putting the crease on the spine. That's probably why the staples are ruined because he was trying to shift the entire spine.

After reading through all the comments and looking at the spine and staples - this scenario seems more likely.

A facejob for grandpa gone awry?

Hooks, are you still out there?

:shy:

Vault.

-J.

Isn't there one called "Vault"? I've never sent one anywhere but Sarasota.

That's the one :D Thanks, guys!

I have been around collecting and paper for decades...I KNOW..this book has no restoration. I can also assure you...I DID NOT REMOVE THE STAPLES...and did not adjust top staple...although I probably should have as it does look off center.

I guess I should have sent it in detached?

Okay, we've established that you consider all the things we've assumed this book has gone through as not being restoration. Fair enough. You mentioned "reattaching staple prongs". So you did do something to the page(s), without removing the staples, that resulted in both staples being once again attached, and you're saying the action did not cause the paper to look so torn? This is a serious question, so I know exactly what you're showing us.

Could you please describe what you did to the book, step by step? In the spirit of sharing info, as well as clarifying all the facts that are usually associated with the PGM Forum :foryou:

Mr Sigs, Rocky and others

You seem to want to point fingers...rather than respond to my last few questions.

Mr. Sig to some extent but keeps saying staples when I already told him one staple was REATTACHED!

I then tried to get some feedback on would it have been better to leave it alone or try to attach.

I told you of a AF15 where I reattached and got a CGC Blue Label and upgrade...yet everyone including Mr. Blaze is mum to that.

I tried to talk about preservation along with pressing a book...which all here, including me, do not consider restoration..yet when I say reattaching the staple to a book, even without moving the staples...you all have "pounced" on me...a word even used here.

Whether the book was readjusted to a more proper positioning is not the issue...the issue is the grade as it stands now. Joey does this as a living .....as do others....I do not see others jumping down his throat. I wonder if he every repositioned a staple...tell us Joey.

Mr. Sigs wants to take it personal when I say 3rd parties have no invested interested...and makes in sound like I am the one here doing the attacking.

It is common sense that a 3rd party is just that...and unaffected, with nothing to gain, third party who determines grading for a living. Unlike some here!

Yet, Mr Sigs wants to tell me that there are those here that are grading experts, even more so than official third party graders...who see thousands of books...fine think what you wish.

You do not need to know any more about the book...it is what it is...and has a grade.

There is nothing about this book that speaks of restoration.....

Even with the "fishy" staple...and with the shift bc what is the grade?

That is all that was every necessary here.

For those that did do just that... I thank you.

For the busting me at every turn.... (tsk)

May I ask what your age is and your original nationality was?

Oh, I'll start. I'm 41 and Canadian, born and raised. :)

Smelly Canadian at that.

And really fat. :sick:

Mr Sigs, Rocky and others

You seem to want to point fingers...rather than respond to my last few questions.

Mr. Sig to some extent but keeps saying staples when I already told him one staple was REATTACHED!

I then tried to get some feedback on would it have been better to leave it alone or try to attach.

I told you of a AF15 where I reattached and got a CGC Blue Label and upgrade...yet everyone including Mr. Blaze is mum to that.

I tried to talk about preservation along with pressing a book...which all here, including me, do not consider restoration..yet when I say reattaching the staple to a book, even without moving the staples...you all have "pounced" on me...a word even used here.

Whether the book was readjusted to a more proper positioning is not the issue...the issue is the grade as it stands now. Joey does this as a living .....as do others....I do not see others jumping down his throat. I wonder if he every repositioned a staple...tell us Joey.

Mr. Sigs wants to take it personal when I say 3rd parties have no invested interested...and makes in sound like I am the one here doing the attacking.

It is common sense that a 3rd party is just that...and unaffected, with nothing to gain, third party who determines grading for a living. Unlike some here!

Yet, Mr Sigs wants to tell me that there are those here that are grading experts, even more so than official third party graders...who see thousands of books...fine think what you wish.

You do not need to know any more about the book...it is what it is...and has a grade.

There is nothing about this book that speaks of restoration.....

Even with the "fishy" staple...and with the shift bc what is the grade?

That is all that was every necessary here.

For those that did do just that... I thank you.

For the busting me at every turn.... (tsk)

You should check out the grading tournament results at 11. The Tec 40 has no staples. That would be good information for you before you send the book anywhere. Also, versus antagonizing people maybe you should try to send your book to RMA or Joey for a pre screen and press. If you panic and put that in a PGX holder you aren't doing that book justice.