• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XXXXX

466 posts in this topic

it may have a staple issue, but I'm working on it, and its not for sale at any price.

hulkoneanddogpictures006.jpg

Will you risk trying to use color touch to place the "12c" in the blank white circle?

Maybe if you place a piece of tape over that, then who knows, PGX might miss the for

hulkoneanddogpictures008.jpgest for the trees, and ignore the tape.

How do you know what is done to a book you buy already graded?

What nonsense...sounds like sour grapes.

Thanks for the animal lesson...although it seems you figured out the idea.

Lemmings it is...thanks!

There is someone on the Forum who has seen the image of the book..up to him to disclose that he saw it as far as final grade.

I can't show the book...against the rules, right?

His choice as I do not want to get him involved in all this nonsense.

Amazing how some point fingers..but cannot answer the pressing to change the look of a book...and who knows what else?

Yet...when you but at whatever grade...you trust the grader knew what he was doing...

Even joey has said he has reattached staples..and even removed...and they came back blue labels...so really what is the big deal!?

All your "fishy" stuff was not an issue with the grader....and probably would have been fine with CGC.....as I said I have sent a good number of books to them as well....and the few times I sent back the same book ....I got a different grade....even a few came back unrestored after being restored and a cream to off white which came back brittle. So much for exact Science.

Think about it...try not to sling more mud. Please never buy off me.......please...as I do not know every story about every book I bought....nor do I care!

Nor should you...

:whatev:

I guess at this point all that really matters is whether or not the guy 9 beers deep at the Legion hall cares about the history of the book. Besides, I thought you said you were going to PM me an image of that 1.5 Hulk #1 you're packin'?? The only thing dropping faster around here than the price of that book is your virtual credit score.

If that book got a 6.0 from anyone, that is a very generous grade. With all the chipping and the spine roll, it will not present well for the grade, regardless of what that grade actually is, or who graded it.

If you sent it to PGX you only did so because you knew they would give it a more lenient grade than CGC and would be more loosey-goosey with the resto check. Either way, it's your book and you may have it graded by whomever you choose.

Just understand that the market at large will usually hit a PGX book at about 20-30% off a CGC book in the same grade. Whether that's because most everyone feels PGX is more generous with their grading and factoring in a two point + grade hit, or people take the PGX grade and resto check with a grain of salt is unclear. I have heard multiple collectors say however that they won't pay more for a PGX book, than they would for the same book raw. So there's that too. Either way, I think you would be "lucky" to get a 4.5 CGC price for that "6.0" PGX book.

Good luck with it.

-J.

How do you know what is done to a book you buy already graded?

What nonsense...sounds like sour grapes.

:eyeroll: It's called "disclosure". Do you, or do you not know what you did to the book? You see, you added to the "history" of the book and, JUST LIKE PRESSING, you have at least a moral obligation to let a buyer know about the history that YOU DO KNOW. Otherwise, you are hiding something. :idea:

Even joey has said he has reattached staples..and even removed...and they came back blue labels...so really what is the big deal!?

Okay, fine. To be honest, my biggest issue with this whole mess isn't whether or not it was preserved or restored, but simply what was done to it. Why? Because, in my opinion, it was ugly. It is my belief that the pages are all uneven because of what you did, and that it, while detached, probably presented nicer. I swear to *CENSORED * and all that I hold dear- I would have rather had this book as I imagine it was. Certainly not the way it is.

And I doubt joey EVER mangled a customer's book like this. I refuse to believe that.

Please never buy off me.......please...

laugh.gif

Just PM me any user names you use on selling sites, and I will promptly block you.

... as I do not know every story about every book I bought....nor do I care!

As stated above, you know THIS story, because YOU wrote it. Doesn't that make sense???

Nor should you...

Wrong. If the person I'm buying from knows any piece of the books history, including anything they had done to it, which includes pressing, I expect them to DISCLOSE IT.

it may have a staple issue, but I'm working on it, and its not for sale at any price.

hulkoneanddogpictures006.jpg

Will you risk trying to use color touch to place the "12c" in the blank white circle?

Maybe if you place a piece of tape over that, then who knows, PGX might miss the for

hulkoneanddogpictures008.jpgest for the trees, and ignore the tape.

My eyes keep straying to the books on the left. :applause:

This thread has got me thinking of starting my own grading service. I was up to to the wee hours of the morning designing a prototype slab. Any suggestions would be appreciated and remember, its still in the works.

hulkone003.jpg

hulkone002.jpg

Last response on this....

Red ...you were wrong on the grading...and you are, of course wrong on nobody buying...

the book is a beauty! A staple reattachment does not define a book. With WHITE PAGES!

I would have thought you would have learned that after this diatribe.

Check on ebay...you will see PGX sell quite often...a 7.0 signed in fact sold for $14K in March....

Not sure what your problem is...but I'm done here...

For those who were not always on the attack...I appreciate your input and wish you all well....

CHA-CHING :headbang:

People who behave as uber-defensively as you almost always do so because of a guilty conscience.

Understand this: just because you got it "graded" by PGX does not absolve you from disclosing what you know you did to this book. If you choose NOT to disclose it...that will be on you.

Be aware of that.

All the rest of the back and forth is meaningless. The only thing that matters is that you be honest with your buyer about what this book has been through. If you won't do that...that's on you.