• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone bought from Anthony Snyder (Comic Book Men "expert")?

53 posts in this topic

Thanks to all for the feedback. Much appreciated. And for those who disagree with my grading assessment, hopefully I can sell you some books in the future and you'll be pleased by my conservative, "incorrect" standards. :grin:

Thanks to all for the feedback. Much appreciated. And for those who disagree with my grading assessment, hopefully I can sell you some books in the future and you'll be pleased by my conservative, "incorrect" standards. :grin:

Its not a matter of disagreeing with your conservative standards, we just dont know your standards. Most people use overstreet's grading standards or an educated guess of what cgc's grading would be. Im sure nobody has heard of the smithdatura grading standards.

While I don't agree with Smithdatura's assessment that the book is @3.0, I do agree that the book is overgraded.

5.0's shouldn't have holes in the cover.

4.0 for me, but then again we're splitting hairs.

I've got a JIM 93 on its way to me from Anthony Snyder. The couple of books I bought previously were close enough to the advertised grade that I didn't hesitate to order from him again.

I haven't bought from him, but as far as his GA listings are concerned, he has a lot of books with missing pages that he gives an apparently qualified grade to in the listing header, but you have to click through to find that out. Kind of annoying.

JLA 18

That's an 8.0 in the Third Green Eggs and Ham grading contest.

Only if it was GA and you took a razor and sliced two of the corners on the back cover first.

:P

What do you know you are "just" another comic art guy. :baiting:lol

lol

I have to know a little something about grading so I can sell most of my books in order to pick up some cool art

Unfortunately , That's what I do too now. Have a couple new pieces I have to pick up tomorrow and another sale to plan to pay for them.

Purchased a few from him from eBay and have been happy with the books. Grading has been fairly accurate and his prices are just about market rate. He does not under grade so don't expect a raw bargain.