• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

I find the dialogue to be painful to my ears.

Not my cup of tea, maybe ill rent it from hastings or something

I think the humor of this movie may not go over so well with all viewers. But at least the complaint will be 'they stuck too close to the comic book dialogue and character designs'.

It's a different risk Fox is taking here. I hope it pays off.

I enjoyed this breakdown of the trailer from two of the creative leads.

EMPIRE MAGAZINE: Deadpool Trailer Breakdown

Director Tim Miller gave us the lowdown on the film's previous trailer a few months back, but this time finds himself joined by producer Simon Kinberg to discuss some of the juicy new tidbits on offer.

Go hard or go home

TM: Deadpool’s kind of shockingly different from most Marvel characters and it’s a nice thing that we can kind of ease people into this character and the really different sort of space he inhabits from usual comic book films.

SK: And the viral pieces I think have done that too. There’s obviously a huge viral presence with this character more than any other mainstream character I’ve ever seen and a lot of the tone people have been getting from those pieces online.

Gina Carano: Wonder Woman

TM: I mean, Gina was amazing, Her powers in the comics are - she’s a little like the Hulk, in that the angrier she gets, her adrenaline sort of activates this super strength. So the angrier she gets, the harder she fights and stronger she is, so that’s her power in the comics and we try to play that up a little bit in the fight sequences. But Gina herself, she was amazing: in hindsight, I can’t even imagine considering an actress who didn’t have the kind of history that Gina did, because just on our budget level and the way we wanted to do these fights to keep them grounded there was no way that a stunt person could step in and do what she did, which was just incredibly physical. She would do these scenes with the stunt guy and then we’d take him out and she’d do them by herself so we’d have these clean actions and it was amazing. She’s got photographic reflexes and every take she was going all out. It was great.

Negasonic Teenage Warhead

TM: I think Deadpool wishes she’d keep her mouth shut more than she does in the film! Because she’s quite snarky. But, you know, her whole attitude is this disaffected teen who thinks Deadpool’s just a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. And so that’s her whole attitude. She’s really not that silent in the film or at least she’s silently surly because she just can’t be bothered to engage with this individual_without_enough_empathy. That’s the basics of her personality: silently shaming, judgemental personality.

TM: Her power, I mean, we chose her because we wanted a trainee for Colossus in the film and the writers and I just fell in love with her name. It’s just so out there and so Deadpool and it was Grant Morrison who named her, so we knew we had to get her in there. And then we thought, well, we’re going to need to make her powers fit with who she feels like she is in the movie and so to me it’s just like other characters in the Marvel universe, like Nitro, for instance, whose power is to just explode parts of their body. But we did try to do it so that it wasn’t just a simple, ‘oh, I can explode’, she can transfer the force of the explosion down so she can move upwards - she can put it into a punch if she wanted to. So it was really just her fist exploding as she hit somebody. we tried to mix it up, even though we didn’t use that particular thing in the movie, but it was the idea. Actually, we did use it in the movie, it’s just not in the movie now!

I find the dialogue to be painful to my ears.

Not my cup of tea, maybe ill rent it from hastings or something

I think the humor of this movie may not go over so well with all viewers. But at least the complaint will be 'they stuck too close to the comic book dialogue and character designs'.

It's a different risk Fox is taking here. I hope it pays off.

You mean won't be right?

You mean won't be right?

Not with Deadpool, from all that has been revealed. It appears it will be more on point than drastically altered. Which with this character's raunchy humor at times, that may not lead to widespread acceptance.

But at least folks that have concerns with Fox in following the source material will have gotten their wish if all we see from these trailers and from what we read is accurate.

This will be the ultimate date movie! People who think it won't do well have no idea how popular Deadpool is outside of the average comic buying circles, evidenced by over 4 million views in under 2 days.

Deadpool has come SO FAR.

Unused Deadpool & Wolverine Fight Scene From X-Men Origins

In these unused storyboards, created by artist Ricardo Delgado (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jurassic Park III), we see Deadpool chasing after Wolverine at the base of the cooling tower. Deadpool shoots beams of energy from his eyes at Wolverine, which Logan dodges as he climbs up the side of the tower with his adamantium claws. Deadpool then climbs up the side of the tower with his katanas. Eventually, Wolverine ends up on the inside of the tower and breaks a chunk of concrete right at the moment Deadpool happens to have his katanas embedded on the other side of it. As he falls, he uses his teleporting abilities for the first time to end up on top of the tower.

wolverine-3-mile-deadpool-09-163997.jpg

Meet Stefan Kapicic The Man Behind Colossus in the 'Deadpool' Movie

"It was such a top secret project from the beginning that I didn’t even know what I was auditioning for. All the characters had different names attached as well. I found out I was up for this while I was working in Belgrade and my manager (at Endorse Management Group from LA) was visiting me on-set where he promised an opportunity to work on a film in the U.S. in the near future. A few weeks later, he called with this secretive role on a film to self-tape. Since that time, this became a three-month experience that I was self-taping from Europe (where I was working in Serbia). It was only after the second round of casting that some of the names were revealed and I figured it out IMMEDIATELY, so it was a much bigger deal for me because I am such a huge fan. I had such great experience with the casting team at FOX."

"I still get chills when I think about it. Amazing! I’ve filmed before in USA, and have more than 80 roles in TV, Film, and theatre, but the feeling of becoming a part of the Marvel Universe as Colossus is incredible! Sometimes you just can’t explain that moment, but when you think about it you feel so happy and proud. This is a dream opportunity!"

Now THAT is great to read about an actor being a comic fanatic before the role. And on a Fox production.

Ryan Reynolds' wife, Blake Lively (Green Lantern), had Adora Wools make her handmade, wool sculpture of Deadpool with his favorite Mexican treat riding a unicorn as a gift for her husband.

"Nothing says 'I love you' like a felt Deadpool, holding a chimichanga while riding a Unicorn dressed in -less leather chaps," Reynolds shared via his official Instagram account. "Amaright fellas?"

KGIUl7x.png

lol

Ryan Reynolds Says Deadpool Movie Will Touch On Where Character Fits In X-Men Universe

"This film certainly works within the context of the X-Men universe," Reynolds tells Empire magazine, "but it doesn't necessarily include the sensibilities of an X-Men movie. It's like taking an X-Men character, pumping him full of LSD and then releasing him back into that fold."

While there are no confirmed cameos by any members of the X-Men cast, many of us are hoping to see Hugh Jackman's Wolverine appear. Reynolds' description of how the new take on Deadpool connects to the grander X-universe might just give us a bit of hope for something of the sort. The actor says Deadpool touches on the wider series "in our own very brief, glib way..."