• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

So the commercial shown during the NFL playoffs show Deadpool hanging off of what looks like a Helicarrier...wonder if we might be seeing a hint of whatever deal Fox made with Marvel. hm

With 5% more footage than the last TV spot.

lol

That does appear to be a Helicarrier.

hm

I wonder if this movie turns out to be bigger than even the studio expects?

dpvsaucetwitter-166023.jpg

Deadpool Movie Fan Events Taking Place In New York And Los Angeles

Michael and Jake from Vsauce are hosting a special Deadpool Fan Appreciation Vsauce Event in Los Angeles on Monday, January 18th, while simultaneously Kevin from Vsauce will be hosting the New York City event.

Get a sneak peek at exclusive, never-before-seen first-look footage from the new movie Deadpool, plus special guests + more! Line in front of the theater begins at 5:30 p.m. ET for NYC and 1:30 p.m. PT. for L.A. attendees. Space is limited. You must register to be able to attend, so RSVP now! Admission is not guaranteed, seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.

Los Angeles details here and New York details here.

With fans like Deadpool's, and events like this,...

Really looking forward to this. I know a lot of people here flip his first appearance but don't really like the character, but Deadpool is a favorite of mine and this marketing campaign is wonderful.

I hope it's as good as everything pertaining to it has been, and I think FOX might have a hit here, it's not an expensive film reportedly (relatively). HIgh end, over the top prediction? Can it be a Ted? I think the budgets will align, but that would be an INCREDIBLE success, Ted banked half a billion with an R.

If it bombs after week one though, it still feels like it will make it's money though, though maybe not enough for a sequel.

Keep them cheap and you can do this but it would be a disappointment if it wasn't good.

Cable/Deadpool can't be too far off.

No surprise.

Deadpool Denied Release in China

A new report fresh out of China (via THR) confirms that 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool has been denied a theatrical release in the country due to the film’s “violence, nudity and graphic language.” The film joins a growing list of other American movies denied release in what is becoming the largest film market in the world, including Crimson Peak, Noah, and The Dark Knight.

The film recently received an R rating in the U.S. for “strong violence and language throughout, sexual content and graphic nudity.”

Due to the much lower budget (rumored to be sub-$100 MM), this movie can still deliver at a substantial level without China's contributions.