• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

Ryan Reynolds Says Blade: Trinity Is To Thank For Deadpool

Blade: Trinity may not be the most beloved comic book movie adaptation of all time, but fans should appreciate at least one thing that came out of it. As it turns out, it’s the movie that got Ryan Reynolds the role of Deadpool.

That’s what the Deadpool star tells Empire Magazine. Reynolds played vampire hunter Hannibal King in Blade: Trinity. Reynolds did well enough with King’s movie incarnation, was bore certain similarities to Deadpool – sarcastic, profane, and adept with swords – that a Fox executive figured he’d be perfect to play Wade Wilson, and dropped a stack of Deadpool comics in Reynolds’ lap.

“Seeing as you’re essentially playing this guy anyway, maybe you should play him for real,” Reynolds recalls the executive saying.

Interesting.

Ryan Reynolds Says Blade: Trinity Is To Thank For Deadpool

Blade: Trinity may not be the most beloved comic book movie adaptation of all time, but fans should appreciate at least one thing that came out of it. As it turns out, its the movie that got Ryan Reynolds the role of Deadpool.

Thats what the Deadpool star tells Empire Magazine. Reynolds played vampire hunter Hannibal King in Blade: Trinity. Reynolds did well enough with Kings movie incarnation, was bore certain similarities to Deadpool sarcastic, profane, and adept with swords that a Fox executive figured hed be perfect to play Wade Wilson, and dropped a stack of Deadpool comics in Reynolds lap.

Seeing as youre essentially playing this guy anyway, maybe you should play him for real, Reynolds recalls the executive saying.

Interesting.

Not surprising. When I saw Van Wilder, I thought "he could play Deadpool. He's got that deadpan thing down". And when I saw Blade: Trinity? I said "oh, he's DEFINITELY gotta play Deadpool now!"

But I think all this proves is that I can be a Producer for FOX.

But I think all this proves is that I can be a Producer for FOX.

lol

'We've got this team of four comic book characters - Marvel properties. We think you could help with this...'

"I believe the correct course of action for this would be throwing out everything about them that made them popular for 50 years, doing zero character development with the villain & just abruptly removing the director & entirely changing the pace & and feel of the movie while limiting the action to about 5 minutes right at the end that doesn't really make much sense at all.

"You're hired"

Awwwwww. He works on Saturdays saving cats.

3YNk7X4.jpg

lol

Ryan Reynolds is the midst of promoting the upcoming Deadpool movie, out in a month, and it looks like he's having the best time as Marvel's Merc with a Mouth.

Reynolds, in the Deadpool costume, had some fun today with the weekly Instagram tag of #Caturday, seemingly helping a friendly feline out of a tree.