• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Preview 4 and 7 -- EBAY SHILLING ON STEROIDS

247 posts in this topic

I think you need to be careful to not implicate the sellers in these as it is likely they had nothing to do with this, or at least most of them did not as they seem to be established sellers who likely had their auctions hijacked by someone (or multiple someones) with copies of these books they want to raise the "market" price on. Gallo didn't re-list it right away either, so let's be fair, he waited to confirm that he was he was getting stiffed. For the sellers to do this they take the risk they might get stuck paying those fees.

I mentioned earlier that I know Gallo as well I have bought books from him. That one was obviously an end user messing with his listing.

The same overlapping seller of one of the MP4 and 7 cited in the last posts, however I have no problem calling out as a shill. The odds of 4 or five "0 feedback" bidders just so happening to target his two specific auctions within hours of each other are remote to say the least.

But at the end of the day it's up to the reader to draw their own conclusions.

-J.

:bump:

Thanks for the bump as it let me read an interesting thread. Schilling is an insidious problem with all auctions especially when some of the pioneers of the hobby seem quite comfortable using it. Did a cursory ebay search of completed items as well as a gpa check and while prices have come down on #4 from some stratospheric highs the market is still strong for both magazines. The census shows 72 9.8 MP4 to a paltry 4 MP7! I can say with absolute certainty that at least a few more high grade copies of both books exist so any schillers will run out of money before inventory runs out.