• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Preview 4 and 7 -- EBAY SHILLING ON STEROIDS

247 posts in this topic

I think Mishmash's latest post was his best in this thread. Finally some things that make some sense (although I still think Jay's arguments between the two of you make more sense yet).

I don't think Jay has been vindictive towards Mishmash in this thread - the aim is not to hurt Mishmash, but seems to be more directed at MP4 and 7. Having said that, 1) I am not convinced that Mishmash is really affecting the market on these books much at all (because they are already hot for obvious reasons), and 2) I am not sure why these two books were singled out when shilling happens on many other books to and it could be more interesting to look into books like Hulk 1.

Hulk 1 is an already mature market unto itself with innumerable GPA results since GPA's inception. MP 4 and 7 have only very recently gotten any kind of attention from the market because of the movie and the lack of significant GPA data make the books extremely vulnerable to market manipulation. The five or so faked "sales" and the other shilled auctions that I have pointed out represent an inordinate amount of the GPA data that is being reported right now. It could take months or years for enough real sales of slabbed copies to get reported to off set and/or dilute the fraud that a lot of these sellers (and shill buyers) like mishmashman have perpetrated on the GPA data.

In a nutshell, that's why I decided to examine these particular books. (thumbs u

-J.

Now that a Marvel superheroes 18 sold for 10k on Heritage.. I think we have our answer .....

Insanity in my opinion.

as I have said this is ASM 1 7.5 money ...

MSH 18

Lots of very strong results on the SA "Marvel Movie Books" in this last HA auction. :ohnoez:

-J.

Now that a Marvel superheroes 18 sold for 10k on Heritage.. I think we have our answer .....

Insanity in my opinion.

MSH 18

Lots of very strong results on the SA "Marvel Movie Books" in this last HA auction. :ohnoez:

-J.

But that one is pretty much in name only.

Insanity in my opinion.

MSH 18

-J.

Plenty of GotG irrational exuberance to go around apparently.

:banana:

-J.

Insanity in my opinion.

MSH 18

Still not as crazy as the CGC 9.6 copy of My Little Pony #12 from way back in the ancient days of 2013 which managed to get over $6.5K+. :o:screwy:

Insanity in my opinion.

MSH 18

Still not as crazy as the CGC 9.6 copy of My Little Pony #12 from way back in the ancient days of 2013 which managed to get over $6.5K+. :o:screwy:

That was for a children's charity. There was the reasoning behind it. There are board members that cough up a few grand on here to help out fellow board members in the name of charity.

Insanity in my opinion.

MSH 18

-J.

-J.

Although I totally agree with you on the irrational price paid for this particular copy as it will no doubt soon be joined by many similar or even higher graded copies, I still personally believe MSH 18 is the GOTG book to obtain as explained below by another board member in the BA forum:

I do think this book is the most important GoTG book there is. To me, who the team members are does not matter. You will hear the same argument over and over: None of the other superhero teams from the movies were correct compared to the first apperance in comics, I dont think they ever will be. They picked what worked better for the big screen.

Now since we are talking about shilling, does anybody really think that this particular lot was shilled by the boys at Heritage to obtain such a ridiculous end price? lol

Insanity in my opinion.

MSH 18

Must be some rich cloppers out there.

Insanity in my opinion.

MSH 18

-J.

-J.

Although I totally agree with you on the irrational price paid for this particular copy as it will no doubt soon be joined by many similar or even higher graded copies, I still personally believe MSH 18 is the GOTG book to obtain as explained below by another board member in the BA forum:

I do think this book is the most important GoTG book there is. To me, who the team members are does not matter. You will hear the same argument over and over: None of the other superhero teams from the movies were correct compared to the first apperance in comics, I dont think they ever will be. They picked what worked better for the big screen.

Now since we are talking about shilling, does anybody really think that this particular lot was shilled by the boys at Heritage to obtain such a ridiculous end price? lol

Heritage shilling an auction? Is there nothing sacred lol?

Actually I don't think that's what happened. I just think you had one buyer with more dollars than "sense", who saw that (also ridiculous) $19k on pedigree, and said to himself... hm "hmmm....$10k for a top bid on a 9.6 sounds reasonable based on that sale on Pedigree..."

-J.

Actually I don't think that's what happened. I just think you had one buyer with more dollars than "sense", who saw that (also ridiculous) $19k on pedigree, and said to himself... hm "hmmm....$10k for a top bid on a 9.6 sounds reasonable based on that sale on Pedigree..."

-J.

Actually, if it was only one crazy bidder, then this would have been a shilled auction which i do not think this was. It takes two to have a legit auction which was most likely the case here.

-J.

Actually, if it was only one crazy bidder, then this would have been a shilled auction which i do not think this was. It takes two to have a legit auction which was most likely the case here.

GL 76 anyone ? :baiting:

-J.

UPDATE, MP 4:

It only took three different shill bidders to make this "sale" happen:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=301265550115&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

:eyeroll:

-J.

This will get posted in GPA under the general note "Item recorded as sold/Item bid up by low/zero feedback buyers" and removed from the main analysis.

I note there is a lot of relists and resales of the same book going for MP. If people would like to keep me posted, feel free to PM or email.

UPDATE, MP 4:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=301265550115&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

-J.

This will get posted in GPA under the general note "Item recorded as sold/Item bid up by low/zero feedback buyers" and removed from the main analysis.

I note there is a lot of relists and resales of the same book going for MP. If people would like to keep me posted, feel free to PM or email.

(thumbs u Bravo, and as always it is reassuring to know how on top of it you guys really are when it comes to this sort of thing.

-J.

UPDATE, MP 4:

-J.

:applause: