• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Preview 4 and 7 -- EBAY SHILLING ON STEROIDS

247 posts in this topic

Okay, jaydog, what you're now saying about me just isn't right or truthful. The accusation that I'm using this second account under the name xmanolo just isn't right and that I'm using this particular account to shill is a flat-out lie. This is completely false and inaccurate. Those who have done business with me, whether buying or selling, know that I do not live in Laredo, TX, which is where xmanolo appears to be located based on the listing. I have one and only one eBay name under which I sell books and apparently, due to your blindly vindictive posts, I can probably no longer sell under that handle.

If you're saying that another boardie PM'd you and told you that my other handle is xmanolo, either that boardie is lying or you are lying about that piece of information.

Jaydog, I can appreciate that you're trying to expose shilling, but the fact that you're using me as a poster boy for it when I made a legitimate sale to another buyer--who, by the way, has 800+ feedback--just isn't right. Feel free to continue to expose shilling, but please leave me out of this discussion.

I apologize to you and metallickyrulez for some of the angry and hurtful things I previously posted. All of that was uncalled for. However, if this is your way of getting back at me, I can't say it's the right thing to do.

So just because it says they live in Laredo means they live there? I have lived in a few places and have never changed my original mailing address. I know quite a few people that do the same.

That may be true except I have never visited--let alone lived in--Texas. I have lived in the northeast my entire life.

I understand I'm being put on trial here bc jaydogrules has said I'm a shiller using a second account. But when you make accusations against someone, in this case that I'm shilling under xmanolo, the burden of proof is on the accuser. Based on what I've read, jaydogrules can't even say why he thinks xmanolo is my account.

Just saying. I have always used a relatives address as they are home to receive packages.

A friend of mine uses a relatives' address because they legitimately keep their car their while living in the city.

My Aunt used my parent's address because she was a teacher and did not want anyone knowing she lived a couple of miles away from the school she taught at.

Mishy,

Have you ever shilled a book ?

Have you ever blacked out a serial number on a book ?

Have you ever had one of your books purchased by another person you knew at a higher price?

Have you changed your user I'd name on eBay 5-6 times recently?

Id00Mzday1 is your eBay currently ... Do you have another Id's or do you know any of the other Id's associated with the same Supposed books?

Have you ever had a book sold on eBay and then listed it in another place?

How about just answering some questions if your up to it.

Okay, jaydog, what you're now saying about me just isn't right or truthful. The accusation that I'm using this second account under the name xmanolo just isn't right and that I'm using this particular account to shill is a flat-out lie. This is completely false and inaccurate. Those who have done business with me, whether buying or selling, know that I do not live in Laredo, TX, which is where xmanolo appears to be located based on the listing. I have one and only one eBay name under which I sell books and apparently, due to your blindly vindictive posts, I can probably no longer sell under that handle.

If you're saying that another boardie PM'd you and told you that my other handle is xmanolo, either that boardie is lying or you are lying about that piece of information.

Jaydog, I can appreciate that you're trying to expose shilling, but the fact that you're using me as a poster boy for it when I made a legitimate sale to another buyer--who, by the way, has 800+ feedback--just isn't right. Feel free to continue to expose shilling, but please leave me out of this discussion.

I apologize to you and metallickyrulez for some of the angry and hurtful things I previously posted. All of that was uncalled for. However, if this is your way of getting back at me, I can't say it's the right thing to do.

Mishmashman-

I don't believe I have been remotely vindictive towards you. Your own posts have given you away. And I have already explained to you earlier in the thread how I know that the xmanolo ebay handle is also yours.

Incidentally, here are some of the other ebay names you have used.....

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=id00mzdayi

-J.

Mishmashman-

I don't believe I have been remotely vindictive towards you. Your own posts have given you away. And I have already explained to you earlier in the thread how I know that the xmanolo ebay handle is also yours.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=id00mzdayi

-J.

:ohnoez:

Mishmashman-

-J.

brah_zps4cdaa4fa.jpg

Mishmashman-

Your own posts have given you away. And I have already explained to you earlier in the thread how I know that the xmanolo ebay handle is also yours.

-J.

You keep citing these two things in order to reinforce your allegations. Fact is, you never explained why xmanolo is my "other" handle. I recall that when you were asked point blank why you believed that was true, you merely said, "It's obvious." When people say "it's obvious" in response to a question seeking an explanation, that means their hypothesis is actually not supportable by facts. By the way, changing an ebay handle under the same account multiple times is not unethical; it's called enjoying variety.

You continue to ignore the fact (yes, this is indeed a fact) that the person who bought my book has 800-plus feedback. You continue to ignore the fact that xmanolo has listed the same 9.0 (the eBay listings do list the same CGC cert number over and over and over again) three times in the last two weeks. First the book "sold" for $1100, then it "sold" for $1999, and, now, it's being listed with a starting bid of $1200 and a BIN price of $1600. Does that in any remote way seem like a shill to you? Does that in any remote way seem like a successful shill to you? To me, that looks like a seller desperate to unload his book because two people now have committed to purchase the book and bailed. Yet the 9.0 I sold has remained sold and has not been relisted anywhere hm

Listen, jaydog, if you want to keep pimping your allegation that I am singlehandedly manipulating the high-end MP7 market, feel free to do that. Eventually people will see through to your antics. What people reading this thread should not ignore are two things:

1) Jaydogrules has an agenda to see the high-end MP7 market remain flat. As I noted previously, you, under the ebay handle, jaydogrules, put an offer on my book of $500 when I listed it as a BIN/OBO. Obviously, you want the book despite your assertions to the contrary, citing that, based on your sig line, you only collect Silver Age keys. I don't hear you kicking and screaming about the ST110 CGC 8.0 I sold for a new GPA high. I don't hear you calling me a shill on that sale. Why? Because you have a ST110 CGC 7.5 and it's good for your book. My belief is that because you don't own a 9.0+ copy of MP7, you hate that the market is beginning to run away from you. So you continue to pimp this thread literally multiple times a day to make sure people believe that I--literally singlehandedly--am responsible for pumping the market on MP7. By the way, if that were true, wouldn't I have already listed another MP7?

2) No matter what is currently going on with the MP4/7 market, the fact is that market forces will prevail. If buyers think the 4/7 market is now full of BS, these prices will not be sustainable. I believe that MP4 in 9.8 really has at a minimum $5K potential. Think about it: 21 copies on the census. I don't have a crystal ball but my belief is it tops out at 25 in 9.8. I know the comparison isn't a perfect fit, but consider other Bronze Age keys. IM55 has currently nearly 50 copies in 9.8 and is close to a $5K book most days. Imagine the kind of premium MP4 in 9.8 would demand if Star-Lord ever became as popular as Wolverine--and you can find a 9.8 IH181 literally any day of the week.

MP7 is even crazier in high grade. We are talking Silver Age rarity on a Bronze book. Actually, it's rarer in 9.4+ than any Marvel Silver Age key outside of TTA27, Hulk 1, and AF15 (maybe TTA13 belongs in that discussion too). This is crazy. MP7 has been hot for roughly two years now and still there are only 15 copies in 9.4 and higher. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind letting go of a 9.4 or higher if they have one (good luck finding one).

I'll conclude by saying this, people believe what they want about sales data. If there's a book you want, and you don't have it, and someone sells it for a new crazy GPA high at a price you weren't willing to pay, you'll think it's a shill. But if there's a book you already have and someone sells it for a new GPA high, you'll think it's great news--the book is finally getting recognition!

Mishmashman-

Your own posts have given you away. And I have already explained to you earlier in the thread how I know that the xmanolo ebay handle is also yours.

-J.

You keep citing these two things in order to reinforce your allegations. Fact is, you never explained why xmanolo is my "other" handle. I recall that when you were asked point blank why you believed that was true, you merely said, "It's obvious." When people say "it's obvious" in response to a question seeking an explanation, that means their hypothesis is actually not supportable by facts. By the way, changing an ebay handle under the same account multiple times is not unethical; it's called enjoying variety.

You continue to ignore the fact (yes, this is indeed a fact) that the person who bought my book has 800-plus feedback. You continue to ignore the fact that xmanolo has listed the same 9.0 (the eBay listings do list the same CGC cert number over and over and over again) three times in the last two weeks. First the book "sold" for $1100, then it "sold" for $1999, and, now, it's being listed with a starting bid of $1200 and a BIN price of $1600. Does that in any remote way seem like a shill to you? Does that in any remote way seem like a successful shill to you? To me, that looks like a seller desperate to unload his book because two people now have committed to purchase the book and bailed. Yet the 9.0 I sold has remained sold and has not been relisted anywhere hm

Listen, jaydog, if you want to keep pimping your allegation that I am singlehandedly manipulating the high-end MP7 market, feel free to do that. Eventually people will see through to your antics. What people reading this thread should not ignore are two things:

1) Jaydogrules has an agenda to see the high-end MP7 market remain flat. As I noted previously, you, under the ebay handle, jaydogrules, put an offer on my book of $500 when I listed it as a BIN/OBO. Obviously, you want the book despite your assertions to the contrary, citing that, based on your sig line, you only collect Silver Age keys. I don't hear you kicking and screaming about the ST110 CGC 8.0 I sold for a new GPA high. I don't hear you calling me a shill on that sale. Why? Because you have a ST110 CGC 7.5 and it's good for your book. My belief is that because you don't own a 9.0+ copy of MP7, you hate that the market is beginning to run away from you. So you continue to pimp this thread literally multiple times a day to make sure people believe that I--literally singlehandedly--am responsible for pumping the market on MP7. By the way, if that were true, wouldn't I have already listed another MP7?

2) No matter what is currently going on with the MP4/7 market, the fact is that market forces will prevail. If buyers think the 4/7 market is now full of BS, these prices will not be sustainable. I believe that MP4 in 9.8 really has at a minimum $5K potential. Think about it: 21 copies on the census. I don't have a crystal ball but my belief is it tops out at 25 in 9.8. I know the comparison isn't a perfect fit, but consider other Bronze Age keys. IM55 has currently nearly 50 copies in 9.8 and is close to a $5K book most days. Imagine the kind of premium MP4 in 9.8 would demand if Star-Lord ever became as popular as Wolverine--and you can find a 9.8 IH181 literally any day of the week.

MP7 is even crazier in high grade. We are talking Silver Age rarity on a Bronze book. Actually, it's rarer in 9.4+ than any Marvel Silver Age key outside of TTA27, Hulk 1, and AF15 (maybe TTA13 belongs in that discussion too). This is crazy. MP7 has been hot for roughly two years now and still there are only 15 copies in 9.4 and higher. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind letting go of a 9.4 or higher if they have one (good luck finding one).

I'll conclude by saying this, people believe what they want about sales data. If there's a book you want, and you don't have it, and someone sells it for a new crazy GPA high at a price you weren't willing to pay, you'll think it's a shill. But if there's a book you already have and someone sells it for a new GPA high, you'll think it's great news--the book is finally getting recognition!

Mishmash, I honestly believe that when you respond that you deliberately ignore the point because the facts are too inconvenient for you.

How do I know that you are also using xmanolo ? I told you once and I'll tell you one more time: You stated that I made a "lowball" offer to you of $500 on your MP 7 9.0 and that you "rejected" it. You used this to imply that I had sour grapes against you, even though I did not even single you out in my original post. At the time that you made this claim about me, there was only ONE 9.0, MP 7 for sale, with a "make offer" option (yours, under the xmanolo handle) and an outrageously high "buy it now" price where $500 would be considered "lowball". So you gave yourself away. And by the way, MP 7 is definitely not "crazy in high grades" like you continuously try to exclaim. There are a few sellers on ebay (mostly you) asking crazy prices but none are actually selling for that (at least not to real buyers). A few mid/high mid grade CGC's have sold for a few hundred, and there are about 30 raw copies to be had on ebay right now for 200-300. I appreciate the carnival barking, but we're not on ebay now my friend.

Again, I have no skin in the game in either of these books. If I wanted to buy one, I would (just not from you), and I still would have put this thread together. What you have done with the xmanolo handle by marking the books as as "sold" (instead of simply canceling the listings) is the same thing you tried to do with your Hawkman 4's. Remember that? Other boardies on here sure do. But why let the facts of your past get in the way of today, right? You are attempting to spike the GPA numbers. Except no one has been buying your over priced, shilled up books, so now you're going to Plan B before the hype on these things die down, and actual market forces do take over and begin to dilute the toxic effect you have had on GPA with these books.

I am not here to argue the merits of MP 4 or 7. How "rare" they are or whether or not they are speculator movie hype books or overnight "keys". Do know that I have no interest in owning either. Again, take a long hard look at my sig line....I don't collect $500 Bronze Age magazines. More power to those who do and want to own these books. I'm just not one of them. I do however follow market trends, and when I observed what you (and others) were attempting to do with these books I felt a sickness in my stomach that compelled me to compile the very clear and present pattern of shilling into one post. I'm sorry if this cramped your style, but hey, the way I see it, if you really believed all the hype that you like to regurgitate, you wouldn't be trying so hard to shill the books and manipulate the market into believing they are more than what they are. And no I do not believe you have "sold" any MP 7 9.0's for $2000. Obviously I cannot prove that, let's just call that one a very strong hunch. (thumbs u

-J.

I know what I "choose" to believe. I will say this, I have never seen someone successfully tank a legit hot book because they wanted to keep the price low so they could afford more copies. I've seen tons of people shill, pimp, pump and dump to try and milk every nickle out of a book that has recently caught fire.

This thread reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they are chasing that cat burgler and he leads them to a field and they dig a big hole. They realize there is no treasure and they agree to try to dig out of the hole. As the credits roll Wiggum says "No, no dig up stupid."

That's what I think when I read MMM's posts, you're in a hole dig up stupid, before someone posts a link to this thread in CG.

I think Mishmash's latest post was his best in this thread. Finally some things that make some sense (although I still think Jay's arguments between the two of you make more sense yet).

I don't think Jay has been vindictive towards Mishmash in this thread - the aim is not to hurt Mishmash, but seems to be more directed at MP4 and 7. Having said that, 1) I am not convinced that Mishmash is really affecting the market on these books much at all (because they are already hot for obvious reasons), and 2) I am not sure why these two books were singled out when shilling happens on many other books to and it could be more interesting to look into books like Hulk 1.